Tim Iroegbunam

useless

On 26/04/2023 at 02:04, KMitch said:

I think many need to temper their expectations with this kid...  Seeing lots of suggestions from some here who seem to think he's going to be in our squad next season...  QPR fans beg to differ.  Looks like another Championship loan is needed.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/297255/iroegbaenum--decent-prospect/#27

Sounds like he's a quality player in a bit of a mess of a club.

That said, why judge anyone off the opinions of random people on a forum?

Edited by Tom13

We'll always have Beale. He was a massive fan at Villa, and brought him to QPR. Looks like he'll come back for him in the summer if he can. Whether it be temporary or permanent.

Rangers: Imagine Tim Iroegbunam & Nicolas Raskin

Rangers: Imagine Tim Iroegbunam & Nicolas Raskin

qpr-rangers-iroegbunam-beale-aston-villa

Glasgow Rangers head coach Michael Beale is seemingly in the market to bolster his squad ahead of the 2023/24 campaign after a disappointing season at Ibrox.

The Light Blues have already been knocked out of all the domestic and European cup competitions that they were involved in and are 13 points behind Celtic in the Scottish Premiership table with five games left to play.

This means that the Gers are on course to end the season without a single trophy to show for their efforts despite sacking manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst in favour of Beale to rescue their campaign during the World Cup break last year.

The English boss has been unable to bring success in terms of silverware this term but the summer transfer window will now provide him with an opportunity to improve his team with a view to competing in 2023/24.

One player who has been linked with a move to Glasgow is Aston Villa central midfielder Tim Iroegbunam, who is currently out on loan at Queens Park Rangers in the English Championship, and he could be the dream partner for Nicolas Raskin at Ibrox.

Beale signed the England youth interview for QPR at the start of the season and worked with him during his time with Steven Gerrard at Aston Villa, with the boss now eyeing either a loan or permanent swoop this summer.

More in link ...

Just don't think playing in Scotland is going to really help the kid.

He'll get more time on the ball, a lot of minutes but against sub standard players. I want to see him being pressed by opposition players who are more likely to be Premier League quality themselves to show what he's got. 

Tim thought he could break into the first team last season, if he goes on loan two seasons back to back we should be in a position where we know hes got what it takes (maybe not consistently, he'll still only be 21) - but we'll know what he's about and that he can cope under pressure and is able to replace Dendoncker or maybe even Luiz/Kamara if needed on occasion.

I just don't think a year in Scotland really answers those questions for us. We'll be looking at the 24/25 season thinking 'maybe we should loan him to a top Championship club and see if he can really establish himself there'

Skip the Scotland step and go straight to that if possible

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll get more time on the ball, a lot of minutes but against sub standard players. I want to see him being pressed by opposition players who are more likely to be Premier League quality themselves to show what he's got. 

Tim thought he could break into the first team last season, if he goes on loan two seasons back to back we should be in a position where we know hes got what it takes (maybe not consistently, he'll still only be 21) - but we'll know what he's about and that he can cope under pressure and is able to replace Dendoncker or maybe even Luiz/Kamara if needed on occasion.

I just don't think a year in Scotland really answers those questions for us. We'll be looking at the 24/25 season thinking 'maybe we should loan him to a top Championship club and see if he can really establish himself there'

I agree

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agreed here. He needs regular minutes at a quality club. Hard to really judge him otherwise in a position where (an 8 or a 6) lots of factors can come into play with your form. Attackers can usually impress either way regardless of the quality of the club. In the middle - it's a bit harder to judge. One thing is for certain between him and Philogene is they need to be regularly starting. Tim has been injured but they would both benefit from a top Championship loan if we're not in Europe.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Patrick Roberts smashing it at Celtic then finding it tough to get a game for Norwich is why no good young English talent should go to the SPL.

It's utter trash

Doesn't Roberts play pretty much every game for Sunderland, who have done well this season?  Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Sounds like he's a quality player in a bit of a mess of a club.

That said, why judge anyone off the opinions of random people on a forum?

IDK...  Everyone on VillaTalk seems to think this kid is going to be the next big thing and many think he's going to be in our 1st team squad next year but I haven't seen anything other than unwarranted hype from "random people on a forum."  He hasn't impressed me at all whenever I've seen him play for QPR.  Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Vieira and I'll look like an idiot, but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for the Villa 1st team squad yet and needs another Championship loan.  

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Doesn't Roberts play pretty much every game for Sunderland, who have done well this season?  Am I missing something?

That's 3 years later. Was when Roberts was closer to Iroegbunam age

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

IDK...  Everyone on VillaTalk seems to think this kid is going to be the next big thing and many think he's going to be in our 1st team squad next year but I haven't seen anything other than unwarranted hype from "random people on a forum."  He hasn't impressed me at all whenever I've seen him play for QPR.  Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Vieira and I'll look like an idiot, but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for the Villa 1st team squad yet and needs another Championship loan.  

Surprised you've caught his bad games actually. He's been excellent whenever I've seen him.

His composure is Premier League level already. Proof will be in the pudding when it comes to technical ability and bravery to play when it gets tough. You need some big old stones to play for Emery because he's going to expect you play the ball through pressure. It is not easy.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Can't trust people on a forum, including me, who thought Tshibola was a gem ;)

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

On the flip side maybe we need to see him in a "proper" midfield to assess how good he is.  Just look at how many people on here were talking about selling Dougie last season and yet now that the rest of the midfield are trying to play football rather than just getting rid of the ball as quickly as possible he is suddenly operating on a different level.  If Tim does stay at Villa next season he's likely to be getting minutes surrounded by players like Kamara, Dougie, (Guendouzi or someone very like him) and so will have much more support to help him settle than before.  I'd like him to have a really good pre-season with the 1st team squad so that Emery can make a decision on whether he needs another loan.  But I think we'd want him playing at a team pushing for automatic promotion. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe we need to consider loaning players to other PL clubs. Luton/Boro would be good options if they came up

The likelihood is that we have considered it a lot, but considering it and actually getting a team to do it are a completely different task. Plus I think they are only allowed 1 player from another prem team 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

The likelihood is that we have considered it a lot, but considering it and actually getting a team to do it are a completely different task. Plus I think they are only allowed 1 player from another prem team 

Srill in 2 minds about what is best for him. He will have only just turned 20 at the start of next season. And we are bound to buy at least one more central mid maybe 2.  

Not adverse to him going  to Scotland under Beale as we know he will get the coaching and attention he needs in order to develop further. 

Or if Boro didnt go up then he would be perfect under Carrick next season in a dm role. 

He can play further forward for sure but he is going to excel at DM. With those bursts of pace to get him out of trouble and his incredible balance. Get him passing the ball for fun and dominating possession. He can pass.  I think Beale would trust him and let him do that. 

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Srill in 2 minds about what is best for him. He will have only just turned 20 at the start of next season. And we are bound to buy at least one more central mid maybe 2.  

Not adverse to him going  to Scotland under Beale as we know he will get the coaching and attention he needs in order to develop further. 

Or if Boro didnt go up then he would be perfect under Carrick next season in a dm role. 

He can play further forward for sure but he is going to excel at DM. With those bursts of pace to get him out of trouble and his incredible balance. Get him passing the ball for fun and dominating possession. He can pass.  I think Beale would trust him and let him do that. 

I agree with most of this, but the SPL is weaker than the championship, and Rangers are so superior to every other team bar Celtic, it's simply too easy for him up there.

Â