Tim Iroegbunam

useless

18 hours ago, useless said:

England U20 squad for World Cup announced tomorrow, Iroegbunam damn well better be in it.

Agreed ;)

Squad still not announced this late in the day, seems like they're still trying to secure players' release, a lot going to be missing because of Play-Off duty, or because domestic league won't have finished in time, Juventus already confirmed that Iling-Junior won't be released, I think can take it as a given that Bynoe-Gittens won't be released either.

On plus side players missing might mean more game time for Iroegbunam.

'England U20 squad for World Cup announced tomorrow, Iroegbunam should be in it. '

It wasn't announced for some reason, even though FA website said it would be and FIFA say all squads have to be registered by the 10th.

I'm guessing they were still scrambling until late in the day to put a squad together after some players withdrawing and so will announce it in the morning now instead.

Might be a few surprise inclusions.

Hasn't been named in U20 World Cup squad, wasn't involved in QPR's last game of the season so maybe injured. Maybe he can sneak into the U21 squad for Euros if fit again by then.

Edited by useless
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Hasn't been named in U20 World Cup squad, wasn't involved in QPR's last game of the season so maybe injured. Maybe he can sneak into the U21 squad for Euros if fit again by then.

That would be a fantastic unforeseen consequence. I won't hold out too much hope but I guess it's possible.

Midfielders in the last U21 squad were Tommy Doyle, Harvey Elliott, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Curtis Jones, James McAtee, Jacob Ramsey, and Oliver Skipp.

Iroegbunam probably only has a chance if one of Skipp, Doyle or Garner withdraw for some reason.

But will probably make the U21 squad at some point next season as Skpp and Garner are already 22 and Doyle turns 22 in October.

On 11/05/2023 at 09:14, useless said:

Looks like you were right, he's just posted on Insta 'Successful op for 23/24'

• 2 months later...

Big pre season for big Tim. I think he could be an outside bet for the JJ position while he is recovering . Just watched his season highlights and have been reminded of his huge potential. He can break the lines even easier than JJ albeit in the Championship.  With him being played all over the midfield in both defensive and atracking roles last season its clear that he isnt just a big lump.  The kids got insane balance and agility. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Big pre season for big Tim. I think he could be an outside bet for the JJ position while he is recovering . Just watched his season highlights and have been reminded of his huge potential. He can break the lines even easier than JJ albeit in the Championship.  With him being played all over the midfield in both defensive and atracking roles last season its clear that he isnt just a big lump.  The kids got insane balance and agility. 

I watched him play for QPR, just before they went to shit last season. Great composure, protects the ball well, some nice touches, but the decision making wasn't really there where it came to playing the killer pass or shooting. Definite talent, needs another loan I would imagine.

15 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I watched him play for QPR, just before they went to shit last season. Great composure, protects the ball well, some nice touches, but the decision making wasn't really there where it came to playing the killer pass or shooting. Definite talent, needs another loan I would imagine.

Yep. But the talent is there like it was with JJ. and he was pretty crap at first with the passing and shooting. Decision making will only come with coaching and experience. He is 23 months younger than JJ . Thats a huge amount of development time . And he has all the attributes you could ever want.  You put a rocket up him and a pathway and his balance pace and strength will be major assets. Its his balance that is ridiculous for a big man. He is like elastic. Still don't know what his best position will be as he can play the Jacob role the Kamara role and the Luiz role . 

Didn't do himself any harm yesterday but we know he can do it against a team of that level. Walsall are a long way from premier league standard. I think I'd loan him for another year to as good a team as possible. 

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wouldn't mind sending him to Luton. PL football and would get a lot of it I suspect

He was struggling at the end at QPR who just stayed up in the Championship. Also Luton apparently bypass the midfield a lot so not sure it would be good for his development

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was struggling at the end at QPR who just stayed up in the Championship. Also Luton apparently bypass the midfield a lot so not sure it would be good for his development

Would be weird if he goes to Luton, which plays in the same way QPR do under Ainsworth. 

Â