Tim Iroegbunam

useless

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if he " does a job " it would still be naive of us to not sign another mate.

I love what i've seen from him, but bare in mind, he is still very young.

Dips of form and mistakes etc at his age are still very possible due to inexperience and so on.

I don't want to send him on loan either though, unless we buy 2 outstanding midfielders.

We should move luiz and marv on and use Tim as backup to a brand new DM 

• Like 1

Very much in the same way as Ramsey when he first came into he team, Tim has shown nothing of outrageous quality, but has a touch and weight of pass that means he just slots in nicely. In the past, the likes of Weimann, Baker, Herd, Hogg etc have all struggled by having to concentrate when controlling a ball. Ramsey and Tim just take it in naturally.

The things from that clip that really are promising are the two moments of poise with the outside of the foot pass and the Cruyff take-down, and the mobility to challenges for headers and get across the ground to recover back.

I can see him getting another 30 mins in the Norwich match.

• Like 2

It’s so nice to see this lad get some games now. He is our best current prospect in my view. He’s big, strong and has a lovely range of passing. He also reads the game better than any of our current midfield options. I think he’ll play for England many times.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Big words from Gerrard about this kid. 

And on barely seeing him, for some reason, I believe it.

We all see things differently I guess.

I've said in the past I don't necessarily " see it " with Carney.

But I did with JJ and I do with this kid.

My disclaimer is always that I never " saw it " with Jack Grealish early days either though.

This could partially be desperation to finally see a big, strong DCM who can also play though. lol

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not with Carney Chukwuemeka? For me, he is a great talent, I’m surprised that he hasn’t played for us more

I've only seen his first team apps, but seen nothing 'special' from him yet.

As soon as I saw Tim yesterday, I saw straight away that he's the kinda player I love to watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've only seen his first team apps, but seen nothing 'special' from him yet.

As soon as I saw Tim yesterday, I saw straight away that he's the kinda player I love to watch.

Carney Chukwuemeka is a great player, he is special, we have lots of competition for places. Our current young players are probably the best group I’ve seen but at the same time, I don’t want to put too much pressure on them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But yeah I'm surprised we've not seen more of Carney lately given he made a few cameos earlier in the season. Anyone know why?

probably punishment for not signing the contract

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How didn’t he feature in our last couple of games I’m not really sure. Clearly offers what our players don’t.

thats little slide pass at 16 seconds, is a pass McGinn could only dream of.

The kid has huge potential, no doubt.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But yeah I'm surprised we've not seen more of Carney lately given he made a few cameos earlier in the season. Anyone know why?

you know why....

If we wanted to punish Chukwuemeka for not signing a contract he wouldn't even be on the bench in the first place, he's still got around eighteen months left on his current deal so I don't think we're anywhere near the position where we're in a bad mood with him for not extending his current deal.

The trouble for Chukwuemeka is that it seems everyone seems to have suddenly decided that he's a no.10 despite the fact that he's always played as a no.8 for our academy and for England through all the age groups, it means with us he's now in competition with the likes of Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Ings, Watkins, and so on for a place in the starting line up, whereas Iroegbunam, as a central midfielder doesn't have anywhere near that level of competition.

Probably also worth noting that Chukwuemeka has actually played ten times as many minutes for us this season than Iroegbunam, hopefully we see some more of both of them before the season ends, it's a shame we haven't got just three more points, as Gerrard might have been tempted to give Iroegbunam a start against Norwich, but will  probably play it safe now.

Edited by useless

Â