Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Genuinely a man transformed.  Even January 2023, I remember looking at him in some game and thinking it wouldn't ever click.

Now I honestly see a lot of Young, Yorke and Downing in him. Tricky, skilful, strong, pacey, accurate.

Reminds me of a mid 90s United type player who could start and do well or be subbed on and do well.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

love how he can look like he’s falling over one second and effortlessly going around a defender the next  

also im an ocean away from attending matches but even on TV you can hear the collective gasp and the anticipation from the crowd everytime he’s carrying the ball down the wing. special player having a special moment.

Edited by grantholtgolazo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't remember seeing a player stumble as much as him in a game and still being that good :D Was ace today, MOTM in stiff competition with Ollie and Luiz.

The stumble is part of the trick. You think he is falling over but he's just baiting the defender. 

What an assist, and then got a goal as well. He had that impact now when he gets the ball, everyone gets up off their seat expectation, we’ve had that since Ashley Young first stint (yes Grealish, but he didn’t have the pace).

• Like 1

I’d be fascinated to see what’s happened behind the scenes to get him to this level. His entire mentality has changed. Before, even beyond his lack of confidence taking players on, he also had terrible decision making. He’s now very reliable in not giving the ball away. I can’t think of a player who’s transformed for the better in such a short space of time 

• Like 2

I just didn’t think that Bailey had the footballing brain to be a success in an Emery team, glad to say I know nothing. He’s playing at an elite level at this moment in time, keep it up Leon! 

51 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’d be fascinated to see what’s happened behind the scenes to get him to this level. His entire mentality has changed. Before, even beyond his lack of confidence taking players on, he also had terrible decision making. He’s now very reliable in not giving the ball away. I can’t think of a player who’s transformed for the better in such a short space of time 

Endless hours of homework, video reviews and meticulous coaching.

alongside a willingness and ability to absorb feedback and instruction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

c58c5c70-5618-4978-8a65-d746edcab6ca.jpg

Good film that. In the extended version, he shagged the blonde piece

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Good film that. In the extended version, he shagged the blonde peace

Maybe Dougie has let him have a go on Alisha, would explain a lot. 

Edited by WHY
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

I honestly can’t believe how many fans wrote him off. You all saw the ability surely? 

This is not a told you so post. More a you lot know **** all about football post 🤣 

Nah seriously he’s a guy that needs to be loved. When he’s fit and confident he’s on another level. Last season he had large parts of the crowd on his back and was literally in tears when missed a chance.

Now he is being worshiped and he’s embracing it. 

What a difference a year can make.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Think it's worth pointing out that a large part of what had changed is he's now got his fastball back. Which in this case is him just sprinting past opponents. Last year when he tried he often came up lame. So he didn't go round players with pace and just had to rely on cutting inside which became predictable. 

That plus mroe confidence in his right foot has really turned him back into the player we thought we were signing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Some of his through balls are sublime, where did that aspect of his game come from? 

He's always had it. Just look at the compilation of all our goals from last year he had 5 or 6 that were created by bailey playing a great through ball and that resulting in 1-2 passes and a goal. He's got good vision and knows how to weight a pass especially for quick runners like ollie, Ramsey or diaby. 

• Like 2

Â