Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Think it's very simple, he isn't predictable anymore, 

Last season he always wanted to cut in at every chance, 

This season he is a nightmare for defenders, you don't know which way he is going to go.

Truly transformed. Is his contract an issue now or has he still a long time left on current one ?

46 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Our most improved player of 2023. Clearly a confidence player of which he had none during Steeeevies shambles.  Unai getting the best out of him.

I don't think Bailey wanted to play for Steven. Antonio said on his Podcast that he'd heard Villa players didn't like Gerrard's man management. And he's international teammates with Leon. Whether Leon was saying that about himself or not you never know, but he seemed very fired up right after Steven rightly got the sack.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Starting to do it as a player that starts matches. My biggest gripe with Bailey has always been his inability to play well when he starts games. He’s always been decent coming on at home against tired legs but been dreadful away from home.

I still think he has to show more form away from home but I must admit, he looks very, very good right now. His close control and ability to run at pace whilst dribbling is commendable. He just looks so dangerous and deadly right now.

For people like me, who have always rated him and said he’d come good, this is vindication. Sometimes, you just have to believe. 

Problem is your gripe is at least 12 months out of date. 

Your opinion must be like an old tanker trying to change direction. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Its not even a purple patch. A totally different player to the one of last season. New skills, finishing miles better, new composure, defensively switched on  , tactically adept and pace to burn finally.  Frightening to think of his value now. My player of the season so far if we are basing it on where he was to where he is now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was always a good player. Mix some poor form with a disgraceful excuse for a "manager" will do damage to anybody

Get him a new deal now

He's disappointed at Villa basically all the time aside from the last few months and his debut.

Lots of caveats to that of course, but he wouldn't be listed as a HIT of a signing if he disappeared today. Far too many nothing games.

Hopefully he agrees a new deal and can continue this form.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was always a good player. Mix some poor form with a disgraceful excuse for a "manager" will do damage to anybody

Get him a new deal now

You are correct, also add to that he seemed to have a few injury niggles which didn't help hitting any consistency. 

Playing very well now.

Wow we've agreed twice recently! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's disappointed at Villa basically all the time aside from the last few months and his debut.

Lots of caveats to that of course, but he wouldn't be listed as a HIT of a signing if he disappeared today. Far too many nothing games.

Hopefully he agrees a new deal and can continue this form.

In limited minutes under Smith he was doing well. The clown that replaced him put him and others.back a season or two but under Unai he has been brilliant. Only Ollie has more goals and assists since Unai took over

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In limited minutes under Smith he was doing well. The clown that replaced him put him and others.back a season or two but under Unai he has been brilliant. Only Ollie has more goals and assists since Unai took over

No doubt his attitude has massively helped turning him round.

Even in rotten form he always spoke positively about trying to improve and be better. A credit to himself.

Â