Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

21 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Bailey is a lesson to all of us. Can we stop writing players off before they have had a proper chance to settle.

Yes and no. Whilst he is doing great now, this is his third year with us. For over half his contract he didn't fulfil his transfer fee and wages, nor his reputation and known ability.  

Sure it takes players 6 months to settle, but 2 years isn't great and longer than expected.  

Great that he has now, but i wouldn't offer him a new contract just based on these 17 games. Let's see how he's doing by the summer and whether Monchi thinks he can get someone better and more consistent. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That long range blast over the bar in the 2nd half was honestly the first wrong decision he had made in over a month. His confidence on the ball now is great to see. Half a yard faster, 20 percent more aggressive. Unluvky with the var for his goal as well as when he hit the bar against Legia. He makes things happen in every single game these days. Top player and top attitude

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

One of the best articles I've read in a while on one of our players. Though it did become (as I suspect many things do) a little bit The Craig Butler show. 

I've obviously watched too much TV as Craig Butler having adopted 23 Kids from the local area is strange. But it's clear how well he's loved in that community and can't argue with the results he's achieved for Leon some of the other lads in his academy.

Leon not being able to read until 14 and now he can read and write in 6 languages is unbelievable and makes me feel very bad about my lack of language ability

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Que?

Appreciate your joking but from the article

Today, Bailey reads and writes in six languages.

“He can speak German, French, Dutch, Flemish, English and Jamaican. This was important because the more you delve into the business of professional football you realise the quicker you can adapt and speak the language of the team you’re in, the better you will do."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2023 at 16:11, ender4 said:

Yes and no. Whilst he is doing great now, this is his third year with us. For over half his contract he didn't fulfil his transfer fee and wages, nor his reputation and known ability.  

Sure it takes players 6 months to settle, but 2 years isn't great and longer than expected.  

Great that he has now, but i wouldn't offer him a new contract just based on these 17 games. Let's see how he's doing by the summer and whether Monchi thinks he can get someone better and more consistent. 

Absolutely I agree with you. And whilst I would not expect him to dip back to his previous levels of poor form, we must wait and see how the remainder of the plays out. Wingers the world over, are consistently inconsistent - And as you allude too, he has been around some time now

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of course you agree with him, you're far more concerned with not being wrong than anything rational. 

Utterly bizarre post I’m afraid @lexicon  the original poster was correct on all points in my opinion, it’s totally bizarre that you choose to respond in the manner that you did. IMO 

Â