Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he was bad. But against a low block how often does he make a crucial pass? Traore comes on and makes one which leads to a cutback from a dangerous area - goal.

Traore was getting the ball and being able to run at the defence. Cause cash doesn't want to carry it. The issue was the ball was going to mcginn, then Bailey. And McGinn chronically suffers from passing behind the winger when they are running so Bailey is basically receiving it at a standstill. 

Also was there a single time this match where anyone actually overlapped for Bailey? 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Traore was getting the ball and being able to run at the defence. Cause cash doesn't want to carry it. The issue was the ball was going to mcginn, then Bailey. And McGinn chronically suffers from passing behind the winger when they are running so Bailey is basically receiving it at a standstill. 

Also was there a single time this match where anyone actually overlapped for Bailey? 

Fair point. I don't know why I've got into this tbf as I thought Bailey was decent today, looked good on the left. But he just lacks that bit of quality at times for me.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What frustrates me is that... people will literally ignore anything good he does, just to dramatise anything bad he did. 

He actually DID do some good things, and looked quite good when moved to the left.

Jesus

100%

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of his at all but thought he was ok today. He actually looked a lot more confident taking players on and managed to beat his man a few times. He still has a frustrating lack of end product though 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do you understand what scapegoat means?

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Let me know if you need help with any of the words in that description that are over three syllables ☺️

The only thing that winds me up about him is when he goes down like a sack of spuds and stays down, or looks around to see what’s happening and then gets up. That’s frustrating. Other than that he’s a good player who does great, good and sometimes bad, that’s the nature of the beast.

My MoTM today. Constantly looking to make something happen and work hard, made a lot of good runs and dribbled past two/three players to try and create chances. Hard work when the opposition is ultra defensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He was really good at times today. 

The cut-backs when he's flowing are frustrating, instead of just being strong and driving through but there was a lot to like this evening. 

Low block is a nightmare for a winger. Tried to stretch their defence on the left. His strength is having to space to run into. Diaby would have struggled tonight.  He did well in a game not suited at all to his strengths.

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

My MoTM today. Constantly looking to make something happen and work hard, made a lot of good runs and dribbled past two/three players to try and create chances. Hard work when the opposition is ultra defensive.

Think your stretching this just a bit too far - He was ok, nothing more than this - Bertie looked a lot more assured in his cameo and motm for me despite only playing 45 was Digne 

52 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Did absolutely nothing majority of second half other than receive ball from Langlet do some swivels go nowhere and pass back to Langlet. Genuinely confused how he could be anyone's MotM

• Like 1

Â