Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 01/08/2023 at 20:59, ChesterDad said:

I’m thinking £20 mill at most for Bailey. This would be a win win for me.

He is market rate higher than AsM, who is all fart no shit. Bailey scored 6 goals last season with a handful of assists. If ASM had that output, Newcastle wouldn't have been so keen to get rid. If we're basing on newkie fees, let's go with Gordon. 

Football isn't judged just on goals and assists, otherwise Adomah and Hourihane would have been our best players in the Championship, we would never have sold El Ghazi, Ings would probably be playing for one of the top four teams. Bailey based on his time with us isn't rated anywhere near as higly as Saint-Maxin, if we were to sell Bailey would be doing well to get back what we paid, even if he was to go to Saud as despite what people say other than Neves they don't seem to be paying over the top for players in terms of transfers.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thread only gets bumped when he's been " shit "

I only saw 20 mins first half and he was pretty shit. Didn't feel I needed to post about it.

Was he good for the rest of the game? You haven't said.

• Haha 1

He played well today and had some really good passes and runs, one diagonal pass to Digne in the box and some good defending too. People saying otherwise apparently didn't see the game or their views are colored by previous performances.

9 hours ago, Dale said:

He is market rate higher than AsM, who is all fart no shit. Bailey scored 6 goals last season with a handful of assists. If ASM had that output, Newcastle wouldn't have been so keen to get rid. If we're basing on newkie fees, let's go with Gordon. 

No not at all - I don’t think Bailey is particularly good. Just my personal opinion.

I never think “ oh great Bailey is starting today “ moreover it’s just a case of “ meh” 

Don't think we are strong enough to carry Bailey. He's a moment of magic player at best but most times things just breaks down when he gets the ball. Hope he's mostly a sub unless we find a buyer.

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think we are strong enough to carry Bailey. He's a moment of magic player at best but most times things just breaks down when he gets the ball. Hope he's mostly a sub unless we find a buyer.

But these moments of magic are so infrequent - they are not worth the investment. It’s better all round to shake hands and move on 

Just now, ChesterDad said:

But these moments of magic are so infrequent - they are not worth the investment. It’s better all round to shake hands and move on 

Yeah but we need to fing a financially strong enough buyer 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Unfortunately for the lad, I think this is where we're at with him. 

It feels like it's now a dead-heat between him and Philogene-Bidace for who should be selected...and I actually think Jayden looks far more composed and happy with the ball than Leon. 

It's a shame, I won't stop backing Bailey when he's wearing our shirt, but he's struggling and we now have players who can take his place. 

• Like 2

Felt sorry for Leon today, had some luck and pressed well to cause the error for the first goal. I think the low confidence is the main thing. Disgraceful referee allowed him to be fouled and fouled without any protection.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't tell anyone i said this, but he was shite today 😭

There was a close-up replay in the first half, and you could see the absolute lack of confidence in his face, like he didn't think he'd back himself to take a touch and run at the defenders.

• Sad 1

I thought he dinked a couple of nice balls across to Diaby but other than that there wasn't much to shout about.

Can't think I've been this keen to see someone make an impact for us since Stan Collymore.

I really like the guy, I like what he did at Leverkusen and I really, really want him to get back to that sort of form for us.

• Sad 1

Â