Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 25/05/2023 at 06:10, Brumstopdogs said:

I hope it works out for Bailey here.

He's got to find a way to emulate the impact and significance he had in Germany for Aston Villa. I want him to do just that though. 

• Like 1

Some bloke in the crowd near me for the Spurs game was giving Bailey pelters the whole game. Even when he was doing some nice stuff he was ‘a luxury player’ and when he got fouled he was ‘a total tart’ … it was quite annoying but LB does certainly split opinion it just happens that this bloke was very vocal I think.

I think Baileys a decent player it’s just that since the team has raised it under Emery any weakness’s are standing out more. Him and Buendia can be improved upon but would be decent squad players. Whether they would want that is a different story. 

On 25/05/2023 at 13:59, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As @Steero113 pointed out mate, Almiron was actually quite bad for a long time and the butt of many jokes.

Since Jack made fun of him, he became a different beast.

Maybe we should be calling in a favour to Jack to take the piss and see if it has a similar effect on Leon?

IT would probably be even more effective if Jack wore a bad Rasta hat and spoke terrible patois accent whilst doing it as well. 🤣

i Think he was a victim of the old regime, since Howe arrived he has been better.....I think we are all hoping Unai gets a tune out of Bailey, but thats anyones guess.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 14:04, Pinebro said:

Almiron has more to his game.

Leon needs space to be effective.

In Germany more teams play with a high line which is why players like Bailey and Sancho are not as effective in England.

That was my point.

as you say, Leon doesn't like traffic.......thats not a good trait in the Prem.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Baileys a decent player it’s just that since the team has raised it under Emery any weakness’s are standing out more. Him and Buendia can be improved upon but would be decent squad players. Whether they would want that is a different story. 

when you venture in to territories we are in now.....shortfalls are highlighted....consistency is more crucial, and the demands forthcoming.

Progress will inevitably expose some of our players....we have to accept that as incremental improvement.

• Like 1

If anyone can get the best out of him it’s Emery, so I think I’d give LB a preseason with us next year and see how he gets on.

Despite all the mouth from his dad I still think he’s quite a confidence player, maybe he just needs a bit of nurturing. It also couldn’t hurt to have Unai explain exactly what he wants from him, not saying he’s an ‘unintelligent’ player but he does seem to make some poor decisions when pressured 

• Like 1

Think Brighton will come at us so will be space behind tomorrow.

Think he will start and hopefully bags the goal to send us to Europe.

That would be the perfect end to the season and give him the confidence he is the man.

• Like 1

As long as he doesn’t play on the left, I don’t think we can see his best. Will we change our formation to suit him? Im not sure. But without Moreno I’d like him to play on the left, I’m sure how will Ramsey cope on the right, but he’s really a threat on that side, a lot of assists. He’s not that good cutting from the side defenders can stop him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Think Brighton will come at us so will be space behind tomorrow.

Think he will start and hopefully bags the goal to send us to Europe.

That would be the perfect end to the season and give him the confidence he is the man.

That's the thing though, he's had a few decent moments for us, but he's never really grown in confidence.

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

As long as he doesn’t play on the left, I don’t think we can see his best. Will we change our formation to suit him? Im not sure. But without Moreno I’d like him to play on the left, I’m sure how will Ramsey cope on the right, but he’s really a threat on that side, a lot of assists. He’s not that good cutting from the side defenders can stop him. 

Have to agree. He has to think about it more when he cuts inside, and his decision making is poor more often than not.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Have to agree. He has to think about it more when he cuts inside, and his decision making is poor more often than not.

It’s not his game, nor his best attribute. Most of his Villa games where he did well were when he was at the left. Really hope Emery give him the opportunity tomorrow, without Moreno we’d miss some threat, he could fill his place. I don’t think Ramsey would have an issue being moved to the right side.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

Thought he played well today, as did the whole team. Well done Leon.

Yeah he was great and very unlucky not to have an assist. Excellent ball up the pitch for the second too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wes said:

Thought he played well today, as did the whole team. Well done Leon.

Yeah very well. The competition is great in the squad. Buendia had a bit of a drop off just a little and Bailey gets the nod and did well in the games. 

Â