Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Bailey had two players marking him most of the time. Most of our play was concentrated down our left, so Bailey and Traore had little of the ball, and were usually isolated marked by two defenders with little support.

Bailey's assist came from his right foot, his weaker foot. He has actually put in some good balls with his weaker foot. But being his weaker foot, there will be bad balls as well.

Good assist yesterday. Don't get the hate. We defending his box, and getting high up the pitch. Worked hard.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey had two players marking him most of the time. Most of our play was concentrated down our left, so Bailey and Traore had little of the ball, and were usually isolated marked by two defenders with little support.

Bailey's assist came from his right foot, his weaker foot. He has actually put in some good balls with his weaker foot. But being his weaker foot, there will be bad balls as well.

Good assist yesterday. Don't get the hate. We defending his box, and getting high up the pitch. Worked hard.

He has two players marking him, often 3 because he takes 18 touches to do anything.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

His play for the first goal was brilliant and set the tone for the game

Anybody thinking traore will be better than him think again

He had a good first half, was poor in second half.  He done very well to win a header to Buendia, who then set Walkins up.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hows he doing?

Couldn't get a stream and it was late, but one of the comments after said " To be honest Leon looked how he has been looking for Villa, too inconsistent in dangerous positions "

And his rating on the match text was 2.9 out of 5... so doesn't seem great.

Seems Bobby Reid of Fulham starred for Jamaica.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Couldn't get a stream and it was late, but one of the comments after said " To be honest Leon looked how he has been looking for Villa, too inconsistent in dangerous positions "

And his rating on the match text was 2.9 out of 5... so doesn't seem great.

Seems Bobby Reid of Fulham starred for Jamaica.

I dont think its looking good for him come the summer. I wouldnt be suprised if we cashed in or made him a squad player

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How did Leverkusen fans view Bailey?

From what I've seen, inconsistency has always been the biggest complaint people had about him.

Comment was always that he would be a great player if he was consistent.

Patches of brilliance and spells of " meh ".

• Like 1

I can see Ajax coming in for him again. In the interview he did a few weeks after Gerrard was sacked their name was in the article about him having option to leave but he chose to stay.

It fits their model as they signed Haller after he flopped at West Ham and they made a nice profit selling him on to Dortmund so I can see same happening with Bailey. Goes to weaker league and starts posting the figures we wanted here and then he moves on to Bundesliga or Spain.

I was quite positive for him up to World cup break but he's done very little since then so I just don't think he's going to ever become a consistent player in this league I expected him to be.

He could still hit 7-8 prem goals and a few assists so we should still be able to sell him on for 15-18m.

How much would we be willing to sell for given he cost £25m? I’m not too clued up on FFP but know you don’t want to be booking a loss on a player if you can help it. Given he’s been here a year and amortisation is a thing, what would we be willing to accept? £15m?

I’m not sure anyone will pay that for him? Getting rid of Bailey, Coutinho and Digne in the Summer would free up a lot wages. Digne is apparently on 380k a week I read somewhere…👀

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

How much would we be willing to sell for given he cost £25m? I’m not too clued up on FFP but know you don’t want to be booking a loss on a player if you can help it. Given he’s been here a year and amortisation is a thing, what would we be willing to accept? £15m?

I’m not sure anyone will pay that for him? Getting rid of Bailey, Coutinho and Digne in the Summer would free up a lot wages. Digne is apparently on 380k a week I read somewhere…👀

I heard it was £400k a week 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Bailey will be OK as a squad player I feel. He's not consistent enough to be a regular starter but he does offer something and has a role to play next season. 

Bailey already is a squad player in my view, he should not be starting games. I'd expect him to be dropped if all are fit or Kamara is back.

If we are to ever challenge for the top six there will come a time when Emery will need more consistency from bench players and not merely a hope they will perform.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Bailey was put up for sale for 15m I’m  certain another Premier League club would sign him. 

Yes he has been struggling for a while but the talent is clearly there. 

• Like 1

Â