Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I sometimes feel some just legit wait for the kid to miss a chance or make a mistake.

Whether people want to admit it or not, he has contributed.

He has contributed to goals and points throughout the season.

Again, he frustrates me too, but i hate the way it seems he is almost being picked on.

Almost Anwar syndrome.

As another poster said, he's obviously talented, Emery is trying to get the best out of him with a combo of Man Management and perseverance.

It will either work, or he'll eventually be displaced by someone more consistent.

Either way, I feel we could do much worse than having him in our squad.

The good bits he does never gets any attention, but the moment he misses a chance or make a mistake it's full throttle " Get this wasteman out of my club " type posts ffs.

Emi Buendia is equally , if not sometimes more responsible for alot of careless play but doesn't get half the hate.

Note: I'm not saying Emi should get it either.. I just hate how people select a scapegoat and run with it, no matter what.

Yep I dont understand the dislike for him and it has been nearly consistent since he joined. People labelling him arrogant and not caring with absolute zero evidence to back it up.

I dont think the Butler thing helps but its like people cant see that they are not the same person

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep I dont understand the dislike for him and it has been nearly consistent since he joined. People labelling him arrogant and not caring with absolute zero evidence to back it up.

I dont think the Butler thing helps but its like people cant see that they are not the same person

I think that the reputation for arrogance came from comments that his father made when he first signed. His father came across as arrogant, and people simply assumed that the father's comments reflected Leon's own attitude. But Leon doesn't strike me that way at all.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bailey is not arrogant, in fact I've hardly seen a £30m footballer believe in himself less.

Sad but true. When he backs himself, unstoppable but a bit like Anwar, you almost knew from the first few touches if they were on or not. 

Fickle things these wingers. No wonder the really good ones are astronomical in price. 

Could be worse everyone. Could’ve paid whatever exorbitant fee United got for Antony. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

It’s great I guess that everyone is so supportive of Bailey but I do not see this great player everyone else does. Takes 2-4 touches too many and his finishing is legitimately league 2 level 90% of the time. He doesn’t get close to any top 6 team, which is where we want to be. Every one of our attacking players is very replaceable. 

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s great I guess that everyone is so supportive of Bailey but I do not see this great player everyone else does. Takes 2-4 touches too many and his finishing is legitimately league 2 level 90% of the time. He doesn’t get close to any top 6 team, which is where we want to be. Every one of our attacking players is very replaceable. 

yeah it's nice to see people rallying around him. the general air in the away end wasn't too critical but definitely an acceptance that he's not good enough

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You know full well he isn’t good enough. 

I admit he didn't have the best of games yesterday. But played his part in some nice football. especially the layoff for Ramsey. He could of done better with the goalkeeper mistake chance.
He's our a most dangerous and creative player currently. No defender would want to go up against him.
He got bags of potential. He playing much better than most wingers I've seen us been linked with. You should appreciate him more. 

image.png

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I admit he didn't have the best of games yesterday. But played his part in some nice football. especially the layoff for Ramsey. He could of done better with the goalkeeper mistake chance.
He's our a most dangerous and creative player currently. No defender would want to go up against him.
He got bags of potential. He playing much better than most wingers I've seen us been linked with. You should appreciate him more. 

image.png

Lol man, lol. 

I don’t know much about Chukwueze but have you seriously put him in a bracket alongside Sterling and Grealish. 

😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol man, lol. 

I don’t know much about Chukwueze but have you seriously put him in a bracket alongside Sterling and Grealish. 

😂😂😂

Bailey numbers are better than Grealish and Sterling🤣 
He is outperforming all 3 of them 

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.png

So from this graphic you've managed to make these points:

He's only equal on goals with Sterling who's had one of his worst ever seasons for a side who are a total shambles and is being openly mocked by his own fans. 

He has less assists than Jack who has played 2/3 of the mins and has only started 9 games. 

The other clear indicator stats of quality: Yellows, Reds, Aerials won (lol), shots per game (loooool).... Not xG, not successful crosses or anything useful, just how many cards they have or if a winger can win a ball in the air :D

He's also the second worst overall rating on there. 

Then, to top it all, you've added in Chukwueze who has made 8 apps and 8 subs appearances all season. 

Class. Underappreciated. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Bailey numbers are better than Grealish and Sterling🤣 
He is outperforming all 3 of them 

Yeh, ok mate. Let’s ring Chelsea and Man City up and organise a swap deal then. In fact, we’ll probably want them to throw some cash in as well to sweeten the deal. We wouldn’t want to let Bailey go too cheap. 😂

Muppet. 

Â