Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Since he has been at Villa I believe there have been three or four moments where this promise he has has shown itself. He has had to endure injury and playing for three managers in that time. I have to say I have never had less faith in him delivering on the talent he supposedly has, and I can see him moving on abroad in the near future. Hope I'm wrong and this is the bottom of his poor form and he makes me eat my words.

His biggest strength is that his striking of the ball with his one decent foot is very crisp. 

At the minute he is whiffing the ball 75% of the time. 

I've not seen it this bad before...it's almost like the golfing yips of some sort. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyone backing him up when he was crying his eyes out last week. I was one of the only ones to say he believes his own hype, an his dads, that he should be up there with the best. Unfortunately he ain't and never will!!

I don’t think he believes his own hype. I don't he has any belief. Teammates and coaches spent most the second half trying to big him up.

• Like 1

This is beyond a crisis of confidence.  Since the Liverpool game every single action he has taken has been catastrophic, not just poor.  How many times has he completely mis-kicked the ball when attempting to shoot?

Did he get replaced with his completely unable to play football twin after the World Cup?

5 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Simply not good enough - over inflated opinion of his own self worth.

Good riddance imo - Thanks Gerrard for binning Bertie in favour of this clown 

Gerrard had his hands tied on this one, I'm sure. I blame Gerrard for a lot, but not this.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

This is beyond a crisis of confidence.  Since the Liverpool game every single action he has taken has been catastrophic, not just poor.  How many times has he completely mis-kicked the ball when attempting to shoot?

Did he get replaced with his completely unable to play football twin after the World Cup?

No it's the same player as 95% of his time here. One footed. Slow. Greedy. Weak.

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Stuck on stupid wages so we are stuck with a stupid player 

We are going to be eating big contracts and I fear austerity measures looming.

Purslow and Lange have dug us a deep hole.

Had the opportunity to make it 2-0 just before half time but tried to control with his left foot, then slipped over. Pretty much sums his time at Villa to date. I would look to move him on in the summer, and replace with someone of UE’s choice.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A lesson in our transfer policy.

If you sell a superstar who plays a particular position, you know what your team is then missing? a superstar who plays that position.

Not three average players who don't play that position

But it’s convincing that superstar that Aston Villa is the destination for him (after selling the last superstar to Man City).

And then it’s hoping that said superstar works out for us and/or doesn’t play Ben Mee. 

• Like 1

Â