Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

But still looked the most likely to score or assist. 

I think it was plain for all to see he wasn't scoring or assisting if we played all week

Send him and Coutinho out with a bag full of balls and no opposition and I'd put my money on 0-0

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The one thing emery is to blame for is to keep picking Bailey in the expectation he will come good. Clearly his confidence is shot and he needs to come out of the team 

Very little choice he’s the only wide player we have. Yes he starts up front in the pre match formation picture you see on the tele , but he takes up wide position and is supposed to gives some pace. We haven’t got another senior winger and Unai has already specified that we are looking for one.

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He wasn’t the reason we lost. 

we gifted them a stupid penalty from nothing and then even more stupidly switched off at a corner. 

It’s not as simple as that is it? We were completely shit going forward and he was a big part of that. If we score an extra goal then we probably win comfortably. 

He was the worst player on the pitch 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The one thing emery is to blame for is to keep picking Bailey in the expectation he will come good. Clearly his confidence is shot and he needs to come out of the team 

What other options do we really have though?  Really we had to pick 2 out of Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho, who was just as poor imo.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It’s not as simple as that is it? We were completely shit going forward and he was a big part of that. If we score an extra goal then we probably win comfortably. 

Comfortably. I didn’t think he could be any worse than he was at Fulham, but he’s topped that. 

You can’t play like that. You just can’t. We’d have been better off with any one of Traore, Trezeguet or El Ghazi in the side. 

Bailey is utter garbage. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Comfortably. I didn’t think he could be any worse than he was at Fulham, but he’s topped that. 

You can’t play like that. You just can’t. We’d have been better off with any one of Traore, Trezeguet or El Ghazi in the side. 

Bailey is utter garbage. 

I really didn’t like Trezeguet or El Ghazi. We desperately needed to upgrade both of them. 

But so far Bailey has been comfortably worse than both of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I really didn’t like Trezeguet or El Ghazi. We desperately needed to upgrade both of them. 

But so far Bailey has been comfortably worse than both of them. 

People will say this is hyperbole but I’d rather have El Gazi, Traore or Trez on the end of every chance Bailey has had in the last few games.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

People will say this is hyperbole but I’d rather have El Gazi, Traore or Trez on the end of every chance Bailey has had in the last few games.  

It’s not hyperbole. At all. In fact I don’t see how anyone could disagree. 

I could understand people saying Bailey has had injuries and hasn’t shown us his best and will come good etc. 

But based on what we’ve seen on the pitch SO FAR, I don’t see how people can say Bailey has been better than any of those three

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He really wasn’t (in my opinion) but he admittedly wasn’t great either.

Coutinho was very wasteful with the ball and didn’t offer himself up unlike Bailey. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

Coutinho was very wasteful with the ball and didn’t offer himself up unlike Bailey. 

Coutinho was garbage but Bailey was absolute next level. Genuinely non league stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

Coutinho looked like a footballer. A very shit one, but a footballer nonetheless. 

Bailey looked like a mascot who forgot to leave the pitch before the game started

• Like 1

I've never liked Bailey. Anybody here who still thinks there's a useful player in there either doesn't pay attention or just refuses to admit they're wrong. He does something cool once in a while and then spends the next two months giving the ball away, refusing to defend, or refusing to make runs to give another player space. He's nothing but step overs.

• Like 1

Woeful again today. Obviously was given the game to get over his miss on Thursday, well that’s backfired as he’s even lower on confidence now. Really does look a complete waste of money. The sooner Emery brings in his own players the better.

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He's shown very little since he's been here. His body language was wrong again, just like Coutinho's was. We need to replace those two plus Buendia. 

What I'd give to have not signed those 3 and to have about £80-85m to have another go. What an absolute waste of money.

• Like 1

Â