Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He did lose the ball a lot but also made a few mazy runs that on another day could've easily resulted in an assist or a goal. His play style is high risk and it didn't pay off tonight but he was in the mix and very energetic throughout. Unfortunately for us there was no suitable replacement on the bench so he played the full 90. He should've done better but that final chance was not as clear cut as it seemed - the ball was loose, he did well to get by the keeper and many players would've struggled to slot that in with their weak foot whilst off balance with a defender rapidly closing the angle.

We reacted. We saved a point. That's progress which is all we can ask for. Let's expect the same of Bailey and hope he turns in a better performance when he next plays.

Edited by AV82

I admit I'm not a fan of Bailey. I don't think he's good enough and he should be replaced with a better winger.

And on the first half today he was terrible... but second half he improved markedly. Such a shame the miss in the end. Small margins.

• Like 1

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

He put out an apology on Instagram. Again if he didn’t 'care' then he wouldn’t be doing all of this.

There's absolutely no need for this. Apologize to your team-mates if you will. But not publicly. Be better next game, and it's all forgotten.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I admit I'm not a fan of Bailey. I don't think he's good enough and he should be replaced with a better winger.

And on the first half today he was terrible... but second half he improved markedly. Such a shame the miss in the end. Small margins.

This exactly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He put out an apology on Instagram. Again if he didn’t 'care' then he wouldn’t be doing all of this.

The not caring and selfish stuff is utter nonsense.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

There's absolutely no need for this. Apologize to your team-mates if you will. But not publicly. Be better next game, and it's all forgotten.

I agree but unfortunately he has been getting some abuse and god knows what type of messages he may have received from people. He probably feels the need to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I did Maths till I was 16. If it was up to the Tories i'd have been doing Maths another 4 years - **** that!

Yeah you can’t expect to cram advanced maths into such a short period. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

What we gonna do with him? A loan maybe, Southampton, Wolves??

Needs to toughen up for sure, bit of bulk wouldnt hurt either, to easily pushed off the ball, be much better if he could hold it up a bit.

I think a few weeks into Emery's tenure is too soon to write him off, after a year with close to 0 real coaching, in a series of games where we've been chopping and changing due to injuries and the farce in Qatar.

If nothing else, we shouldn't be loaning him out to a side within touching distance of us in the table, haven't we learned from Targett? :) 

I wouldn't rule out him being gone in the summer, but he'll get a bit more time to impress, I think

Just now, bobzy said:

The not caring and selfish stuff is utter nonsense.

This. Why can't people wrap their heads around the idea that these highly competitive athletes will want to win at all costs. It's in their nature and it's why they're at the top. He didn't miss on purpose.

Â