Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Butler actually quoted as saying " If things don't change Ajax could be an option " or something like that.

However yes, I agree none of this is likely from Leon himself.

Butler is over bearing.

Overbearing yes:

We are no strangers to Ajax and respect the club immensely and its commitment to total football. We also made a commitment to Aston Villa and them to us, and that commitment is based on Leon achieving his goals and getting the playing time, to realise his potential and deliver for Aston Villa."

I think that’s fine, he made the point about Ajax if the situation gets worse for him here. People are only picking on the negative. Does Craig open his mouth too much? Perhaps, I’m not a fan of people painting Leon as some kind of troublemaker or non-committed 

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2022/08/aston-villa-leon-bailey-ajax-transfer/amp

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Is he lazy? I can’t work it out.

**** run lad. 

I don't think he's lazy as much as he can't do two things at once. He's faster than hell, but the second he has to pick his eyes up he slows down. When he looks to make a cross, he slows down. It's why he loses possession so often. It gives the defense a chance to react. Also a reason I don't think he's suited for this league. He'll have moments but they'll be few and far between.

Poor delivery but you could see he was desperate to perform today. He was busting a gut whenever he had the ball to try and do *something*.

Off the ball he needs to improve massively though, lathargic, slow to react and slow to close down. 

Not seen enough of him to know whether his poor final ball is poor technique a la Adama Traore or whether he's just trying too hard and hesitating and making poor decisions.

Effort on the ball though was positive

Like most wingers, needs a run of games and a better understanding with Cash to really get going. 

A lot of times he and Cash were right on top of each other during the overlap. Clearly best with his heels on the touch line and can torment many a lesser left backs if given the opportunity. 

Will also frustrate on occasion but such is the life of most wingers.

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Like most wingers, needs a run of games and a better understanding with Cash to really get going. 

A lot of times he and Cash were right on top of each other during the overlap. Clearly best with his heels on the touch line and can torment many a lesser left backs if given the opportunity. 

Will also frustrate on occasion but such is the life of most wingers.

Perhaps a manager of some type should inform them which one is to stay out side and which one is to come inside. 

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

Perhaps a manager of some type should inform them which one is to stay out side and which one is to come inside. 

Maybe even when to go and when to stay depending on if Bailey has the opportunity to take his player on 1v1 instead of attracting a double team towards him.

Situational tactics and such.

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Maybe even when to go and when to stay depending on if Bailey has the opportunity to take his player on 1v1 instead of attracting a double team towards him.

Situational tactics and such.

Imagine.

Â