Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 26/07/2022 at 17:11, claretman said:

Not sure why people are starting to argue about this.  Against Everton he looked like dynamite - following his injury he appeared nowhere near as fast however and dare I say it, in some matches 'slow'.

However, he's clearly over that and now looks fast again which is good for everyone.  I'd imagine he will start against Bournemouth as things are at the moment.

Yeah it's a weird point scoring thing I think, I mean when people called him slow it was pretty much universally in the context of "erm where has his pace gone? Is he still injured" type posts. 

Its good to see him able to use his greatest asset again and long may it continue 

Tearing his quad was a horrible injury for him. Same happened with Kalvin Phillips and it took him an age to recover and then like Bailey he was ineffective. 

Looking at his history he has never been injury prone so hopefully we can have him for the majority of the season. 

• Like 1

I've just listened to an interview Craig butler did on YouTube yesterday, claiming Leon wasn't used properly and that he got injured because of the weather and flying to Jamaica in an economy seat. 

Also claiming he wasn't at his best because English coaches don't know how to use him correctly etc 

Strange bloke

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard won’t start him because he’s clueless. Young will play on the left.

Gerrard isn’t clueless at all, he’s been there and done it as a player, he knows what it takes to be a success in football. I am happy that we signed Ludwig Augustinsson as cover for Digne as it means we won’t see Young at left back at all. Young probably hasn’t got the legs anymore to play at left wing sadly, I don’t know- sorry for going off topic

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

50 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gerrard isn’t clueless at all, he’s been there and done it as a player, he knows what it takes to be a success in football. I am happy that we signed Ludwig Augustinsson as cover for Digne as it means we won’t see Young at left back at all. Young probably hasn’t got the legs anymore to play at left wing sadly, I don’t know- sorry for going off topic

I meant young will play on the left where Bailey should play. It’s the Gerrard way my friend. 

• Haha 1

I just don't understand for the life of me why we haven't tried something like...

Mcginn - Kamara
Bailey -    Buendia.    Coutinho
                   Ings

Especially in home games against "lesser" opposition.  

• Like 1

The best line up would be 

Watkins 

Bailey               Young

McGinn Luiz

kamara 

Young Mings Carlos Cash

Emi

or alternatively screw number 9s. go

Coutinho, Buendia Bailey as the front 3.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Gerrard rates Bailey, so he will probably start. I didn't rate him at the end of the season, and I still don't. Don't want to spoil the party, but that's how I feel.

Its all about fitness....keep him fit and who knows.

but I guess that's the case with any player.....fitness is key.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watkins 

McGinn Luiz

kamara 

Young Mings Carlos Cash

Emi

I think you should also put Young at right back

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yorkie18 said:

I've just listened to an interview Craig butler did on YouTube yesterday, claiming Leon wasn't used properly and that he got injured because of the weather and flying to Jamaica in an economy seat. 

Also claiming he wasn't at his best because English coaches don't know how to use him correctly etc 

Strange bloke

smacks of "Leaves on the rails"

excuses are one of life's irritations.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watkins 

McGinn Luiz

kamara 

Young Mings Carlos Cash

Emi

Young shouldn't be in the starting lineup in one position, let alone two.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

VLV is applying a touch of Irony SGC, I suspect.....its a bit of reverse psychology.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't understand for the life of me why we haven't tried something like...

Mcginn - Kamara
Bailey -    Buendia.    Coutinho
                   Ings

Especially in home games against "lesser" opposition.  

McGinn isn't a 6....he's just been deployed there, while we hadn't got one.

Â