Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

22 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Lads chill, there was a joke on here a few months ago 😂

In the Middle East, I've had people genuinely argue with me, that Jamaica, is in fact, in Africa, as ridiculous as this may sound, even some AFRICANS! 🤦🏿

The most convincing argument I've gotten? In broken English " I know the Jamaayyca in Africa, because POB Marley always he sing for Mama Africa " 

And yes, POB with a P 🤣

The fact that I'm Jamaican myself, wasn't enough of a relevant argument for some, people obviously.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Middle East, I've had people genuinely argue with me, that Jamaica, is in fact, in Africa, as ridiculous as this may sound, even some AFRICANS! 🤦🏿

The most convincing argument I've gotten? In broken English " I know the Jamaayyca in Africa, because POB Marley always he sing for Mama Africa " 

And yes, POB with a P 🤣

The fact that I'm Jamaican myself, wasn't enough of a relevant argument for some, people obviously.

That's mental mate - must be so frustrating trying to explain to people who won't listen.

As an interesting aside, famous Villa fan Benjamin Zephaniah has said that when he was a young kid in Handsworth in Birmingham, he thought that he was living in Jamaica because Jamaican people and culture was all that he saw around him 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Middle East, I've had people genuinely argue with me, that Jamaica, is in fact, in Africa, as ridiculous as this may sound, even some AFRICANS! 

It's next to Wakanda

Apart from that 20 mins against Everton i've not been too impressed with that I have seen from him but his hardly had a look in with his injuries. Hopefully if he can stay fit and work his way to full fitness then can judge properly but atm you can tell his not up to speed.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too surprised if he left this Summer (as per the tedious links online). We don't really play with wingers anymore and I'm not overly confident he was ever fully committed to the cause based on the ramblings of his step dad when he signed. That is complete speculation of course, I just always got the feeling he thought he was better than Aston Villa when he signed and that we were only being used as a stepping stone. Then there were those weird, cryptic posts from his step dad about him being dropped/injured or whatever it was. 

Gerrard will have seen enough of him in training to know what he's about. I hope it works out for him, I think he has ability, but this could just be a case of a bad fit for everyone. 

• Like 1

I don't think he has any attitude problems. He's had injury problems and the formation doesn't suit his game at all now.

That is unless he plays one of the two CF roles as they now run the channels too. 

Yet another player to not really shine brightlywhen bought in from the Bundesliga . 

Him and Sancho were the 2 star wingers last season by all accounts and they both have struggled.  

The season before it was Werner and Havertz t0 Chelsea and Haller to West Ham.

The season before that it was pulisic who hasnt really shown he is a superstar . 

I really think there is a massive difference in the speed and intensity of the Prem that is more than i already thought there was . 

I hope he stays as i think he will eventually get up to speed and be a massive threat as a wider player or striker. 

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yet another player to not really shine brightlywhen bought in from the Bundesliga . 

Him and Sancho were the 2 star wingers last season by all accounts and they both have struggled.  

The season before that it was pulisic who hasnt really shown he is a superstar . 

I really think there is a massive difference in the speed and intensity of the Prem that is more than i already thought there was . 

I hope he stays as i think he will eventually get up to speed and be a massive threat as a wider player or striker. 

You have a point but some have done well: De Bruyne, Son, Gundogan, Firmino. Aubameyang was pretty good for a while too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Hasn't Havertz improved alot though mate? ( Haven't watched Chelsea much in a while, but last time I did, it seemed like he was finally kicking on ).

I also actually like Werner even though it might be an unpopular opinion.

Even if he isn't necessarily scoring, he offers alot of tenacity, energy and dynasim. Workhorse.

Still think it's too early to write Leon off. My biggest worry is actually about the system, rather than me thinking he can be good enough.

I don't see who he can get in front of.

I'm hoping say next season, we have extended cup runs etc, and he can get a good run.

For now, I still class him as a good problem to have.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I also actually like Lerner even though it might gut be an unpopular opinion.

Definitely an unpopular one around here anyway mate.

• Haha 3

Give him next season he’ll be one of our best players from what I seen of him for Leverkusen, doesn’t help this season has been mostly injured and coming to a new league, one I wouldn’t be selling in the summer 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Definitely an unpopular one around here anyway mate.

The keyboard and autocorrect on this phone is driving me insane! 🤦🏿

It's not even correcting words to things which even make any sense ffs. 

• Haha 1

He needs game time, and to remain injury free.

Its a squad.......and he will have to work his way in, by giving good performances, when the opportunity arises.

The days where the team picks itself, is drifting away.

SG says he wants 2 players for every position.....That has to be managed and he is clear he wants to do that.

a demanding league, with injuries and suspensions, only around the corner....cup games which SG is clear he wants to progress in....and our pursuit of European games, will necessitate more the 11 players.

We are entering in to a new era, maybe not there yet, but I sense, its not far away... and players expected to play every game, will be a thing of the past too.

Rotation will be the name of the game.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Give him next season he’ll be one of our best players from what I seen of him for Leverkusen, doesn’t help this season has been mostly injured and coming to a new league, one I wouldn’t be selling in the summer 

Yes he needs more game time. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He needs game time, and to remain injury free.

Its a squad.......and he will have to work his way in, by giving good performances, when the opportunity arises.

The days where the team picks itself, is drifting away.

SG says he wants 2 players for every position.....That has to be managed and he is clear he wants to do that.

a demanding league, with injuries and suspensions, only around the corner....cup games which SG is clear he wants to progress in....and our pursuit of European games, will necessitate more the 11 players.

We are entering in to a new era, maybe not there yet, but I sense, its not far away... and players expected to play every game, will be a thing of the past too.

Rotation will be the name of the game.

This is not a dig at all but at 4-0 up on the weekend Bailey could have easily been given 30mins game time.

Â