World Cup 2030

sidcow

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Am assuming Aviva and Croke Park would be used, all the other Ireland stadiums just too small as think it has to be 40k capacity for world cup venues now so just too many white elephants.

Really Uruguay/Argentina should get it 100 years on although Uruguay could only really use one stadium so not sure how it would work.

there is 3 GAA stadiums in Munster with over 40000 seats but its owned by Croke Park. GAA stadiums also have longer grass and a longer field so its not easy to adapt to football

Just now, Zatman said:

there is 3 GAA stadiums in Munster with over 40000 seats but its owned by Croke Park. GAA stadiums also have longer grass and a longer field so its not easy to adapt to football

Ah right didn't know that. Well ROI got in to Croke Park for a few years while Landsdown was being redeveloped despite opposition so it's possible I guess although Scotland and Wales have bigger pool of stadia available so they'd be used more and Dublin would probably get a few group games and knock out round as should've happened for this euros.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right didn't know that. Well ROI got in to Croke Park for a few years while Landsdown was being redeveloped despite opposition so it's possible I guess although Scotland and Wales have bigger pool of stadia available so they'd be used more and Dublin would probably get a few group games and knock out round as should've happened for this euros.

I think Aviva is a UEFA friendly stadium since gave us a Europa League and think got another Europa final in a few years as compensation for losing the games

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

So it seems like we are about to formally launch a bid for The 2030 World Cup 

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/07/boris-johnson-steps-up-lobbying-for-uk-and-ireland-to-host-2030-world-cup-14887165/

Boris steps up lobbying for UK to host 2030 World Cup ahead of semi-final

Yet today England are being charged over the laser being pointed at Schmeichel during the penalty and being investigated over the booing of the Danish National Anthem. 

It makes me so damn angry that a few idiots can potentially spoil what would be a magnificent event we could all enjoy so much. 

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

Could this affect our chances? 

To be honest, I think the only thing that would negatively affect your chances is a lack of bribes to FIFA officials. They don't care about anything other than money. See Qatar, Baku etc...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's our bloody turn. 

My worry is that this euros is seen as our turn

My offer worry with fifa is the lucrative corporate jolly up that comes with a tournament, forget the brazen corruption I think there's a degree of sway thanks to the package they will be offered, the £10k watches et Al which is deemed acceptable but we should be winning that race if its with Spain and Argentina 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My worry is that this euros is seen as our turn

My offer worry with fifa is the lucrative corporate jolly up that comes with a tournament, forget the brazen corruption I think there's a degree of sway thanks to the package they will be offered, the £10k watches et Al which is deemed acceptable but we should be winning that race if its with Spain and Argentina 

Imagine being swayed by the Gregg's corporate packet. Infantino munching on a steak bake. Swigging Pg tips out of a Sports Direct mug. 

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Imagine being swayed by the Gregg's corporate packet. Infantino munching on a steak bake. Swigging Pg tips out of a Sports Direct mug. 

It will be the hot topic at next year's hinsense executive yacht party 

"Yeah this caviar is good but if we were in the UK right now we could be having a festive bake" 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

They do Vegan now you know!

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It will be the hot topic at next year's hinsense executive yacht party 

"Yeah this caviar is good but if we were in the UK right now we could be having a festive bake" 

Actually I genuinely think a Pret a Manger Christmas sandwich could sway it.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Also the GAA stadiums aren't all seater and dont have the facilities to accommodate lots of tv commentators, media, cameras etc.  The only proper stadium Ireland could provide is the Aviva. 

• Like 1

I fear the stunt pulled by English, Spanish and Italian clubs with the failed super league has left a bad taste in the footballing world, so can't see it being awarded to any of these countries for a long time.

On 08/07/2021 at 19:13, Ingram85 said:

I’d like Japan to get it. They’ll have missed out big time over the Olympics in terms of revenue, tourism and pride so it’s a chance for them to get a big event again with all fans in attendance. 

Didn't they have it as recently as 2002?

Then again, USA had it as recently as '94 and have managed to get it again so soon.

On 08/07/2021 at 22:26, VillaChris said:

Spain/Portugal looks a pretty good bid on paper so not sure England will even get the european vote.

Have you watched the Eurovision Song Contest lately? 

The world will be watching the ‘best fans in the world’ literally tear up the capital today in a beer fuelled frenzy.

The authorities have already slammed the nation for the shenanigans before, during and after the semi final so cannot see them endorsing us hosting another tourno so soon with the behaviour of the nation.

The easy excuse will be to say England just hosted the finals of Euro 2020 so have had their turn. 

On 10/07/2021 at 17:40, Junxs said:

Didn't they have it as recently as 2002?

Then again, USA had it as recently as '94 and have managed to get it again so soon.

France had ‘98 World Cup and ‘16 Euro, so you can get it in quick succession. There’s only about 20 countries or so worldwide that can host these events

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AXD said:

France had ‘98 World Cup and ‘16 Euro, so you can get it in quick succession. There’s only about 20 countries or so worldwide that can host these events

They also dont like co hosting so it will be going to a lot of the same countries soon 

Â