Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

I'm really happy with our loan strategy this year. I don't think I've actually ever been interested in the players we have out on loan before (they were usually just being sent out to run down their contracts elsewhere) but now our squad is strong enough we've got a lot of talented players out there getting minutes and experience rather than being left to rot on our bench,

Long may it continue!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Before christmas this season Kesler-Hayden looked like the shining star among the loans. Now, it’s the opposite: success loan players everywhere but KKH is moved to the bench at MK Dons? Maybe that recall wasn’t so smart.

Still early days in his loan, started in the midweek game and played well by all accounts, he will hopefully become first choice soon enough there.

• Like 1

I image we feel that Kesler-Hayden has proved himself more than good enough at League Two level now, so probably more benefit in sending him to MK Dons even if he isn't going to play every single game.

If we want him to play in the championship next season, then he will have a better chance of getting a loan to that division by playing in say half of MK Dons remaining games than he would have done staying at Swindon, a team chasing automatic promotion from League One will be a lot closer in terms of quality to the championship than a team outside the play offs in League Two.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, useless said:

I image we feel that Kesler-Hayden has proved himself more than good enough at League Two level now, so probably more benefit in sending him to MK Dons even if he isn't going to play every single game.

If we want him to play in the championship next season, then he will have a better chance of getting a loan to that division by playing in say half of MK Dons remaining games than he would have done staying at Swindon, a team chasing automatic promotion from League One will be a lot closer in terms of quality to the championship than a team outside the play offs in League Two.

That’s probably right, but also means KKH must be considered still some way from playing for Villa. When he was recalled a lot of people talked about him as if we was close to challenging Cash already.

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s probably right, but also means KKH must be considered still some way from playing for Villa. When he was recalled a lot of people talked about him as if we was close to challenging Cash already.

All that shows is the stupidity of fans, not a failing of loan strategy.

I don't believe for a second any of the fans fervently pushing him as a starter have watched him play for Swindon this season outside of the Man City game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

All that shows is the stupidity of fans, not a failing of loan strategy.

I don't believe for a second any of the fans fervently pushing him as a starter have watched him play for Swindon this season outside of the Man City game.

I hoped he'd make his debut at least, we brought him back from a successful loan, had a look at him and then sent him out on a more challenging loan 

The loan strategy is good

19 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from the weekend - At least the loanees are alright

Cameron Archer (Preston North End) 11th/24
Away at Peterborough (0-1) - Played 90 minutes. 29 touches, 61.5% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 1 shot on target. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.03. 

Good to see 'Big Keith' from the Office behind Archer at 2:20.

Barry basically made Swindon's second goal and won the penalty for their third, probably deserves more credit for involvement in the second has he showed great skill and it was a glimpse of the kind of play that's typical of him when he's cutting inside and taking players on, hopefully if Swindon continue to play him on left of a front three they will see more of same between now and the end of the season.

Summary from Tuesday night

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 8th/24
Home to Hull (0-0) - Substituted in the 78th minute. 85 touches, 90.1% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 3 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.76.

Seb Revan (Hereford) 8th/22
Away at Kidderminster (3-0) - Played 90 minutes (went down to 10 men early).

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 2

Hayden isnt starting for MK Dons, thats 1 start and two in a row on the bench.

Not good......

Ramsey starts for Cheltenham.

Barry starts for Swindon.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1