Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

13 hours ago, thunderball said:

Ha! Trez picks up where he left off before he joined us. Just shows how very, very tough the Premier League is.

If it’s about scoring he scored a lot in his first season. Scoring, positioning and workrate wasn’t his issue.

El Ghazi scored more than most of Midfielders if not strikers last season, yet we all wanted him replaced.

I’m not saying that PL isn’t tough, but we’ve seen players who were great at a system but once they move they don’t be the same. Benteke for example, even Grealish so far a lot of neutrals are saying he was never worth his price. It’s not only about the league.

Summary from Tuesday night - The Finn Azaz loan thread rolls on

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 6th/24
Home to Forest Green (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. 42 touches, 69.6% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 2 shots on target, 1 key pass. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.61. [Will post highlight when I can find it]

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Stoke City)
Away at Crystal Palace (2-1) - Not in the squad (Cup tied)

Tyreik Wright (Colchester United) 20th/24
Home to Leyton Orient (2-2) - Unused substitute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Kalinic into Croatian Cup Final

Caleb Chukwuemeka (Livingston) 4th/12
Home to Dundee United (2-1) - Not in the squad.

Jed Steer (Luton Town)
Home to Chelsea [FA Cup 5th Round ] (2-3) - Substituted after 13 minutes. 0 touches, 0% pass accuracy, 0 saves. WhoScored.com rating of 6.38. Stretchered off with an injury.

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split)
Home to HNK Gorica [Croatian Cup Semi-Final] (2-1) - Played 90 minutes.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summary from Thursday night - So much excitement

Anwar El-Ghazi (Everton)
Home to Boreham Wood [FA Cup 5th Round] (2-0) - Not in the squad [Cup tied]

Wesley (Internacional)
Away at Globo [Brazilian Cup 1st Round] (2-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Things are not going well for Wesley's Internacional. Twitter is raging after they've been knocked out of the cup by a Serie D side.

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from Thursday night - So much excitement

Anwar El-Ghazi (Everton)
Home to Boreham Wood [FA Cup 5th Round] (2-0) - Not in the squad [Cup tied]

Wesley (Internacional)
Away at Globo [Brazilian Cup 1st Round] (2-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Things are not going well for Wesley's Internacional. Twitter is raging after they've been knocked out of the cup by a Serie D side.

Fans want the manager gone. He has not managed an actual league game yet as its just cup and regional championship now. 

• Like 1

Seems like Aaron Ramsey is quietly having a decent loan with Cheltenham, started the last six games, they've won three and drawn two of those six games, previous to him being given his first start they hadn't won a game in eleven in the League and there were concerns they could dragged intot the relegation battle. So him starting as coincided with a big turn around in their form.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Such a shame about Arjan - I saw the injury reported as a leg fracture which means he's unlikely to go back to Grimsby this season.

leg fracture?

my lord....

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Such a shame about Arjan - I saw the injury reported as a leg fracture which means he's unlikely to go back to Grimsby this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Summary from Monday night - Trezeguet + goals = profit?

Keinan Davis (Nottingham Forest)
Home to Huddersfield [FA Cup 5th Round] (2-1) - Came on in the 67th minute. 17 touches, 83.3% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.50.

Anwar El-Ghazi (Everton) 17th/20
Away at Tottenham (5-0) - Unused substitute.

Trezeguet (Istanbul Basaksehir) 3rd/20
Away at Besiktas (2-2) - Substituted in the 84th minute. 39 touches, 66.7% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 shot on target. Scored. Booked. WhoScored rating of 7.08.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really appreciate these updates @Hornso!

I don't recall us ever having four such exciting prospects out on loan at the same time all getting rave reviews. I'm including JPB in this, although I just noticed he was benched for Stoke's last game.

It's brilliant though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1