Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

After I talk about Barry and Azaz possibly making the play-offs they both go and lose, and now Newport have gone and lost again, at home to a team with nothing to play for, has probably cost them their chance of making top six, Swindon still have a chance but will probably need to win tomorrow.

• Like 1

Important evening for Swindon, if they can beat Forest Green, and Sutton lose then they will move into the top six with just two more games to play.

Also they're not playing, but Sunderland vs Rotherham is an important game for MK Dons, as if Rotherham win that would virtually end MK Dons' chances of automatic promotion, they would still be able to finish on the same points as Rotherham but with a worse goal difference by six goals and which would get worse if the result went against them tonight. Sunderland battling for a place in the top six, should give them a good game, only one point seperates Sunderland in fourth and Wednesday in seventh, so even though they are fourth their play off place far from secure yet.

Having said all that would be good to see Kesler-Hayden in the play-offs, likewise Barry.

Edited by useless

Swindon managed to hang on for the win despite having to play most of the second half with ten men and also having to sacrifice Barry to bring on another defender. Results went against them but still in with a chance of the play offs with two games to go, although looking at the fixtures I think Sutton and Mansfield will be favorites, Newport can no longer qualify.

Sunderland equalized late on against Rotherham, meaning that Kesler-Hayden and MK Dons go into the last day of the season this weekend with a chance of automatic promotion, Rotherham are away to Gillingham whilst they are away to Plymouth, Gillingham are in the bottom three whilst Plymouth are in the top six, so you'd think Rotherham would be favorites, technically they could finish above Wigan, but wigan have a better goal difference by six goals, so MK Dons would need to win by three or four goals on the last day and hope that Wigan who are away to Shrewsbury lose by a similar margin.

• Thanks 2

Summary from Monday night - Filip Marschall is a champion

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 11th/24
Away at Port Vale (1-2) - Played 90 minutes. 65 touches, 83.3% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 3 shots on target, 5 key passes. Scored and an assist. WhoScored.com rating of 8.85. MOTM.

Filip Marschall (Gateshead) Champions
Away at Chorley (2-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Seb Revan (Hereford) 11th/22
Home to Brackley Town (2-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Jed Steer (Luton) 6th/24
Away at Fulham (7-0) - Not in the squad (Injured).

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So what next for them and other youth players

Davis will be sold.

JPB - Loan back to the Championship in late August

Archer - Stick around with the first team if he impresses, get mins in EFL Cup. Could go on Loan again in Jan 

Iroegbunam - depending how he does in final games of season, stick around first team like Archer. Loan in Jan possibly or Aug

KKH - Full season loan to Championship club. To Norwich maybe as Max Aarons only has 2y left on his contract so might be sold?

Barry - Has to go to a top League 1 side for first half of season, hopefully impress and then Championship for 2nd half. All depends on how he does up until deadline day. I think there are 2 rounds of the cup before deadline day.

Ramsey - I hope he's done enough to earn a move to the Championship. I think he'll likely stay around first team like Barry to try earn a move via EFL Cup to Championship or could stay around until Jan.

Azaz - Loan move to League 1 surely

Chrisene - Loan move to League 1 hopefully

• Like 2

On 07/05/2022 at 17:20, CVByrne said:

So what next for them and other youth players

Davis will be sold.

JPB - Loan back to the Championship in late August

Archer - Stick around with the first team if he impresses, get mins in EFL Cup. Could go on Loan again in Jan 

Iroegbunam - depending how he does in final games of season, stick around first team like Archer. Loan in Jan possibly or Aug

KKH - Full season loan to Championship club. To Norwich maybe as Max Aarons only has 2y left on his contract so might be sold?

Barry - Has to go to a top League 1 side for first half of season, hopefully impress and then Championship for 2nd half. All depends on how he does up until deadline day. I think there are 2 rounds of the cup before deadline day.

Ramsey - I hope he's done enough to earn a move to the Championship. I think he'll likely stay around first team like Barry to try earn a move via EFL Cup to Championship or could stay around until Jan.

Azaz - Loan move to League 1 surely

Chrisene - Loan move to League 1 hopefully

Think that's pretty reasonable.