Tammy Abraham

nick76

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

As TRO says, just because at the moment top teams don't play two up top no more, doesn't mean a top team won't play that next season then all the rest go and follow the trend. Systems change and so the use of two strikers on field could be a thing again for all we know in a season or two time.

the trend is going more to strikerless systems, City played it a lot last season so have Liverpool over the last 3 or 4 years. There is very few actual centre forwards around in football. Liverpool have 1 thats Origi, Chelsea have Tammy, Arsenal have 2, United have Cavani and Spurs have Kane and City currently have none. Thats the "Sky 6" who spend the most and dont have centre forward depth.  Even West Ham who overperformed last season played a wideman up top

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

the trend is going more to strikerless systems, City played it a lot last season so have Liverpool over the last 3 or 4 years. There is very few actual centre forwards around in football. Liverpool have 1 thats Origi, Chelsea have Tammy, Arsenal have 2, United have Cavani and Spurs have Kane and City currently have none. Thats the "Sky 6" who spend the most and dont have centre forward depth.  Even West Ham who overperformed last season played a wideman up top

Even Kane is a reach

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Don't agree with the limited bit, how can you even say that when he's been knocking balls into the net at premier level, I can't figure that one out at all.

The poor lad has had a tough time at Chelsea and struggled for game time, yet he had a good run in the small doses he was given, he's just looking for some football. Tammy would be happy at Villa because we can give that football to him. All this he will be looking for a no1 seat in a top half team I don't agree with, if that's the case then he most certainly should be good enough firepower to aid Watkins up front. Watkins can't be played all season long, he may be a machine but he was certainly running on empty after Covid scare. Watkins can't run all season, again risk to injury increases and I don't trust Davis and Wesley to get the job done, we must be crazy to risk a whole season on them and not qualify for Europe. Alternating, rotating is key at the right times, now Tammy and Watkins doing that if we're only playing one up front is perfect balance. Also you have to think of what if Smith wants to add an extra striker to the game in second half, what we throw on Wesley or Davis, Smiths been known to do that and while there were positive signs, again Tammy would be perfect choice compared to those two.

We also don't realise how much of a relationship some of our players have with Tammy. How much strength in character he has and how much he helped inspire our championship team on, he brought the right type of fire and mentality as well as an attitude to win into Villa.

People go on and on about this old love for him being a championship player for us because he knocked in a lot of goals, I see him for more than that and see the benefit he could be at Villa.

I hope the chiefs bring him in or he's going elsewhere and he will be the equivalent to Watkins for another team. Wouldn't surprise me if Kane leaves spurs that they go buy Tammy then watch what happens. It does actually make me nervous to where he may end up, because I do believe whoever Tammy goes to he will not just be a goal scorer but add a different dynamic of play to the team. Anyone that has watched him should know he's all over the place looking to get that ball, he's a go getter like Watkins. Tammy will be there in a game defensive and offensively hounding you and making life awkward for a player with the ball to move. Tammy doesn't just sit in the opposition's half, he keeps himself moving around the whole pitch, in fact can anyone find his heat maps please for his time at Chelsea, it may shed abit of light as to where he floats around.

Goal Chelsea GIF by skysports

Can we? 

We play a 1 striker system and I can't see Abraham starting ahead of Watkins. Not happening. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Can we? 

We play a 1 striker system and I can't see Abraham starting ahead of Watkins. Not happening. 

What about when Watkins went scoreless for 25% of the season? Would you want Dean Smith to stick with the same favoured eleven in that circumstance?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Enda said:

What about when Watkins went scoreless for 25% of the season? Would you want Dean Smith to stick with the same favoured eleven in that circumstance?

I agree and after all the grief Smith received on this forum that he didn’t rotate enough, didn’t make subs and didn’t make tactical changes during the second half of the season he needs quality options to be able to do that.

Tammy isn’t the answer to the question who should compete with Watkins. He is a striker who needs regular game time to be at his best and he won’t be getting that here… why then would we spend £40 mill on a striker who doesn’t fit our current system of play and has obvious limitations.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Enda said:

There's many reasons to suggest why Tammy would get plenty of game time at Villa, unfortunately people seem to think Watkins himself won't run into droubts or get injured, even need a good bit of rest.

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tammy isn’t the answer to the question who should compete with Watkins. He is a striker who needs regular game time to be at his best and he won’t be getting that here… why then would we spend £40 mill on a striker who doesn’t fit our current system of play and has obvious limitations.

He wasn't getting regular time at Chelsea and he was putting in very good performances and scoring.

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He wasn't getting regular time at Chelsea and he was putting in very good performances and scoring.

Under Lampard and then a higher calibre manager came in and quickly realised he isn’t all that, dropped him pretty much completely and preferred Giroud… Why was that ? He’s another Welbeck - overhyped as he’s come through a sky 4 team… 

22 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Under Lampard and then a higher calibre manager came in and quickly realised he isn’t all that, dropped him pretty much completely and preferred Giroud… Why was that ? He’s another Welbeck - overhyped as he’s come through a sky 4 team… 

Yeah alright Overhyped, i dno any premier footballer who's Overhyped, must be doing something god damn wrong to be in that best league in the world. What Giroud hasn't actually been on fire has he this season? In fact who had most goals last season in a Chelsea shirt, sure it's Werner and Tammy tied on 6 goals, the only difference is Tammy played less games than Werner.

What I find funny with you guys is when Tammy does pop up and score one against us, or if he does next season you will soon change your tune and be the one going off as though we should of bought him.

Wonder what some of you have taken to say Tammy isnt good or he's Overhyped.

drugs GIF

Â