Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I know they've been offered Abraham, not sure they are too interested though.

A club like Brighton or Burnley is probably his level and that's the level where i see him ending up long term.

No chance, he’ll be fighting in the top half of the league he’s way too good for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brighton would be perfect for Tammy I think. One good season playing every week there and he could then make a "bigger" move. He'd score for fun at Brighton which would gear him up for a big move.

I just don't see any of the "top 6" buying him. Other than West Ham, I can't see any of the top 10 signing him. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Brighton would be perfect for Tammy I think. One good season playing every week there and he could then make a "bigger" move. He'd score for fun at Brighton which would gear him up for a big move.

I just don't see any of the "top 6" buying him. Other than West Ham, I can't see any of the top 10 signing him. 

Arsenal if Lacazette leaves

Spurs if Kane leaves

Obviously Villa

West Ham

Could easily see somebody like Rafa at Everton buying Tammy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Arsenal if Lacazette leaves

Spurs if Kane leaves

Obviously Villa

West Ham

Could easily see somebody like Rafa at Everton buying Tammy

Actually yeah, Everton is a good shout. 

Personally I don't think Arsenal or Spurs would go near him even if they sell the players you mention. Pure speculation of course.

Don't think there's any chance Villa are in for him, we ain't spending £40m and paying what, £80-90k a week for a player that is going to be on the bench. We're not in the position for that just yet.   We need first team players elsewhere. Seems like the type of thing we'd do in 3 years time as we continue to build the squad. 

Still think he will end up at a club like Brighton though, especially if they end up selling Ben White for £50m or whatever it is. 

We shall see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Personally I don't think Arsenal or Spurs would go near him even if they sell the players you mention. Pure speculation of course.

Don't think there's any chance Villa are in for him, we ain't spending £40m and paying what, £80-90k a week for a player that is going to be on the bench. We're not in the position for that just yet.   We need first team players elsewhere. Seems like the type of thing we'd do in 3 years time as we continue to build the squad. 

Still think he will end up at a club like Brighton though, especially if they end up selling Ben White for £50m or whatever it is. 

We shall see.

I respect your opinion, obviously I don’t agree but it’s all good.  I don’t think Tammy would go to Brighton he’d be expecting a better team.  

It’s also funny that as I’ve been following the Tammy speculation the non-Villa fans, there is a lot that thinks he’s too good for us and would go to a bigger club.  

If my memory serves me right even a couple of pundits said that, the last I think was Simon Jordan on Talksport a week or two ago.  I have mentioned on this thread before when I listened to it.  

So I think some of us think we are better than him and a proportion of non-Villa fans thinks he’s better than us.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A club like Brighton or Burnley is probably his level and that's the level where i see him ending up long term.

friday ice GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

drug test judge scary mary GIF by Face The Truth

Sorry I think your absolutely crackers now.

Only one thing would happen if Tammy went to one of those clubs is they would start scoring Goals and they would end up floating up the table and start competing. Having Tammy would be the start and sign of change for them and they would without a doubt see where they're going wrong.

They already have squads that are capable, don't knock Brighton or Burnley, add a goal scorer likeTammy and next season they won't be a struggling team. They may have avoided the drop zone but let's not look down on them, while we was in the championship they were an established prem team.

Tammy should come to Villa, so we have better firepower and options up front.

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

We shall see.

I agree with alot you say but the bit with him going to spurs. They were thinking of Watkins and grabbing him, that means Tammy an English forward would make sense for them, get 100 plus mill for Kane, Levy is rubbing his hands if he can get Tammy on board for cheap enough??

Tammy is a player who's not far breaking into national duty again, again a good replacement for Kane.

Not sure Spurs coach would buy Tammy though. 

Maybe wolves will make a play for Tammy also.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

I respect your opinion, obviously I don’t agree but it’s all good.  I don’t think Tammy would go to Brighton he’d be expecting a better team.  

It’s also funny that as I’ve been following the Tammy speculation the non-Villa fans, there is a lot that thinks he’s too good for us and would go to a bigger club.  

If my memory serves me right even a couple of pundits said that, the last I think was Simon Jordan on Talksport a week or two ago.  I have mentioned on this thread before when I listened to it.  

So I think some of us think we are better than him and a proportion of non-Villa fans thinks he’s better than us.

I think that's what some are thinking now, that Villa is to good for Tammy, that kind of attitude is wrong, Villa is not to good for any player that can come here and make it work.

Tammy is right for us, he fits Smith's profile of player, has a fantastic attitude and work rate, he's hungry and just want football and he will score and put in a good shift. Tammy is tricky and while at times it looks as though he's messy, it's that messy style that is smart on the ball and he certainly would supply goals for Villa. Watkins won't or shouldn't play all season long players need rest, players need a mental and physical break at that level just so nothing creeps on in.

• Like 1

As there has been nothing solid linking us to Tammy recently (was there ever)and it’s a doughnut of a thread why is it still open ? I mean I like the off gif and fish pun but our collective boredom is creating an Us vs them with Tammy lovers against Tammy haters - all for a player I just don’t see us buying this summer… 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

As there has been nothing solid linking us to Tammy recently (was there ever)and it’s a doughnut of a thread why is it still open ? I mean I like the off gif and fish pun but our collective boredom is creating an Us vs them with Tammy lovers against Tammy haters - all for a player I just don’t see us buying this summer… 

But there has been links as I put up last week.  Other threads of players we haven’t had recent links are open so no reason to close this thread.

Sooooo…..

script GIF

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But there has been links as I put up last week.  Other threads of players we haven’t had recent links are open so no reason to close this thread.

Sooooo…..

script GIF

I quite enjoy the passionate defence some are putting up in relation to signing Tammy but...

Have there actually been any solid links for 2 months now (were they even t1 or 2 sources in the past)? I know you say you posted "links" last week but I can't see any tangible link on here for the last 30 pages running back to late May... 

This goes for a lot of the current speculation threads open, a lot of the newly opened threads just seem to be people pining for something in a time when the market is very quiet due to players being on holiday. 

Would rather no news at all than total bullshit all the time. 

• Like 2

Latest rumours and press rumblings from beginning of July onwards have pretty much have been around us not wanting or in the the hunt for signing him… But get the point about other threads which are based on even less still being open … Here’s looking at you Alvarez 

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm surprised by some of the negative comments about Tammy.

He's a natural striker who troubles defenders and scores regular goals when given the opportunity.

There aren't that many available goal scorers out there.

The thing is for the rumoured  £40 million price tag there is quite a selection of talented and more rounded strikers available. Tammy isn’t great at pressing nor creating something out of nothing himself. He can be a lethal finisher on his day no question, but is equally as wasteful when he’s off his game. He should be played regularly to get the most from him and that’s something we can look to offer with Watkins being main man in how we set up & play. 

Now I’m not against us buying a striker or spending big on one. My opinion is that I wouldn’t be spending it on Tammy who is little more than a finisher and £40million should get a more rounded player IMO. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I quite enjoy the passionate defence some are putting up in relation to signing Tammy but...

Have there actually been any solid links for 2 months now (were they even t1 or 2 sources in the past)? I know you say you posted "links" last week but I can't see any tangible link on here for the last 30 pages running back to late May... 

This goes for a lot of the current speculation threads open, a lot of the newly opened threads just seem to be people pining for something in a time when the market is very quiet due to players being on holiday. 

Would rather no news at all than total bullshit all the time. 

The problem I have is I dont know what solid links means these days in terms of Villa.  There is nobody in the know, we dont get a whiff of anything until the final moments and only then Percy tweets but during the process we are generally blind.  So I could posts links that are around but then it just gets into the argument of whether it's credible or not and given my first point I'm not sure anybody is that credible.  So I dont post them because like you I dont like BS links all the time but I did post a link because somebody said there hadnt been one and wanted to close the thread so I posted a recent one.  Was it credible? who knows, probably not but we are so quiet at the moment.  

I like discussing it because of the different view points, it's somebody I would like, fits the profile of player we are after and given his circumstance at Chelsea is likely to be available.  Then you add the links whether dubious or not, some saying he's not priority, some saying he's one of our priorities and some say we are advanced in talks with him. So who knows...but some on here dont want him or dont think he's good enough and others think the opposite like myself.  It's a forum so we just keep discussing like all the players who currently have threads and we go around in circles until we actually do sign somebody or we play a game...

• Like 1

The Mirror is a load of crap. One of the worst for rumours. Seen on some site they are 9th in list of 10 for UK football transfer rumours with 21.9% accuracy rate. This is the source of Tammy link almost a month ago

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The Mirror is a load of crap. One of the worst for rumours. Seen on some site they are 9th in list of 10 for UK football transfer rumours with 21.9% accuracy rate. This is the source of Tammy link almost a month ago

2nd place was at 32%. I wouldn’t mind if the higher ones had great percentages but when you look at it in context/comparison when 2nd place is 32% rate then 21.9% isn’t too bad.  It’s not like saying 80% vs 20%.

Â