Tammy Abraham

nick76

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

The crux of it for me is that I don’t believe Tammy to be more than a £25 mill striker, and who appears to be the type of player who needs regular game  time to be at his most effective. If we had any doubts over Watkins class then I’d understand. As he has proven himself to be more than capable in this league and imo Tammy isn’t the sort of player you bring is as a back up option he needs to be the main man. I’m  not advertise to us to spending £30/£40 mill on the right striker - I just don’t see how Tammy fits into that discussion myself for a multitude of reasons previously   discussed.  

bail abandon thread GIF

I think we all agree that Tammy would be good addition and we all would like to see him here.

The problem is that we have more pressing issues to address in other positions and simply can't spend another £40mil plus big wages on a striker. We already invested over £50mil on strikers in watkins and Wesley.

Money is being spent and will be spend on midfield, wings and defensive cover.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

I think we all agree that Tammy would be great addition and we all would like to see him here.

The problem is that we have more pressing issues to address in other positions and simply can't spend another £40mil plus big wages on a striker. We already invested over £50mil on strikers in watkins and Wesley.

Money is being spent and will be spend on midfield, wings and defensive cover.

Would Trade Wesley and Davis for Tammy, who up for that move? 

Now I understand that Wesley deserves another shot but some seem to be resting a whole next season and idea on him somehow being a competitive player to Watkins. I can appreciate the love for Wesley and like the guy myself but we have to be realistic that were now taking it up a notch and if players can't keep rolling with the direction of the club, then they should be moved on. It's upto the players to prove that they can bang with the best, have to keep up or fall off at this league level. 

It should be in the clubs best interest to reabilitate Wesley, after all he did cost 22 mill didnt he? Hopefully they are seeing enough positive signs from him recently.

However he's already been paid for and I can't see him making a big impact this season, maybe next or after.yet we shouldn't be resting a whole season on maybes especially when a striker like Tammy is up for sale.

12 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I dont want tammy and i dont believe we were ever in for him

May not of been in for him, who knows it's all media horsecrap till something realistic floats on through.

However I'm surprised you don't want Tammy here, how could you not.

Food Poisoning Reaction GIF by lilcozynostril

46 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would Trade Wesley and Davis for Tammy, who up for that move? 

Now I understand that Wesley deserves another shot but some seem to be resting a whole next season and idea on him somehow being a competitive player to Watkins. I can appreciate the love for Wesley and like the guy myself but we have to be realistic that were now taking it up a notch and if players can't keep rolling with the direction of the club, then they should be moved on. It's upto the players to prove that they can bang with the best, have to keep up or fall off at this league level. 

It should be in the clubs best interest to reabilitate Wesley, after all he did cost 22 mill didnt he? Hopefully they are seeing enough positive signs from him recently.

However he's already been paid for and I can't see him making a big impact this season, maybe next or after.yet we shouldn't be resting a whole season on maybes especially when a striker like Tammy is up for sale.

Lol, we would all trade Wesley and Davis for Tammy...problem is nobody will take Wesley off us until he proves his fitness again. Davis is worth 3 quid and Josh onomah.

You are right, it is a gamble to rely on Wesley as a backup to Watkins, but we have Taken a calculated risk on it. Spending £40 mil on another striker and thus not being able to reinforce wings/midfield sufficiently looks like a bigger risk to me.

Tammy wont ever come to villa to sit on the bench..and with the team setup the way it is he would be 2nd fiddle to ollie watkins.

Its risky i believe to rely on wes this season..the worst acl injury the club  physios had ever seen i think they said.

I hope wes does miraciously come back fitter and stronger but that is yet to be seen.

I think by not getting a striker in and if we do not loan davis to the championship the whole situation  will come to bite us in the proverbials.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Giroud off to Milan. Maybe Tammy stays at Chelsea?

no no no GIF

Tammy will come here if the chiefs will it.

• Like 2

Chelsea fans says he is awkward on the ball.

I think people on here are being overly romantic.

He just isn't that good of a player. If he were Tuchel wouldn't want to get rid of him.

Certainly not a 40 M player. Not a chance.

11 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Lol, we would all trade Wesley and Davis for Tammy...problem is nobody will take Wesley off us until he proves his fitness again. Davis is worth 3 quid and Josh onomah.

You are right, it is a gamble to rely on Wesley as a backup to Watkins, but we have Taken a calculated risk on it. Spending £40 mil on another striker and thus not being able to reinforce wings/midfield sufficiently looks like a bigger risk to me.

But surely we have Jack and Emi in the wide attacking forward positions this season coming?  So who are we going to get in to strengthen those positions (especially as we have Bertie on the bench)...

8 minutes ago, allani said:

But surely we have Jack and Emi in the wide attacking forward positions this season coming?  So who are we going to get in to strengthen those positions (especially as we have Bertie on the bench)...

Don't know who we end up getting but Dwight Mcneil is a potential target, Smith rates him highly apparently (i am not convinced by him but I will trust our scouting).

I think what will transpire is that if we get upgrade at LW, Jack will play in the middle. And if we get upgrade at CAM ( like we tried and failed with ESR) Jack will play LW. Just depends who we can get.

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea fans says he is deceptively good on the ball, hanging off the last defender and scores some vital goals.

I think people on here are being overly romantic on Ollie and need to understand it's a squad game and we need two quality strikers competing.

He's just that good of a player. Tuchel has been totally unfair to him as many Chelsea fans have said and they wouldn't want to get rid of Tammy but understand he's better than how Tuchel is treating him.

Certainly great value at around 40m. Not a chance he'll stay at Chelsea so bring him home to Villa.

FTFY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea fans says he is awkward on the ball.

I think people on here are being overly romantic.

He just isn't that good of a player. If he were Tuchel wouldn't want to get rid of him.

Certainly not a 40 M player. Not a chance.

May The Fourth Be With You Star Wars GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Yep a lot of…

jurassic park deal with it GIF

That much its polluting to our seas, i think there's an official pipeline set up for some of these VT users, poor Fish.

Poop Diarrhea GIF

A lot of people in the game don’t seem to rate him for some reason, be it Tuchel, Chelsea fans or fans of other clubs. In my opinion, he’s a fantastic centre forward who is not even near peak age for a footballer. Every striker in the history of the game has missed chances, it’s how they bounce back from those misses that defines them as a player. For me, Abraham is a great player who will only get better over the coming years. We’d be silly to pass on the opportunity to sign him. In my opinion, it’d be another Emiliano Martinez situation, where a top club thinks that a player isn’t good enough for them and we take advantage 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’d be silly to pass on the opportunity to sign him

This ignores the fact that by all accounts, he's not for sale, we're not interested, and Watkins is main striker in Smith setup who has rarely played 2 strikers in his managerial career. 

Lock this thread already

Â