Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

This ignores the fact that by all accounts, he's not for sale, we're not interested, and Watkins is main striker in Smith setup who has rarely played 2 strikers in his managerial career. 

Lock this thread already

If we show ambition, we can nick him from Chelsea, imagine Watkins and Abraham up front with Grealish floating off them

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This ignores the fact that by all accounts, he's not for sale, we're not interested, and Watkins is main striker in Smith setup who has rarely played 2 strikers in his managerial career. 

Lock this thread already

That’s why he’s been linked to Arsenal, West Ham and us plus has been mentioned in a deal for Haaland.  Also Tuchel pushed him out of the squad so there are more accounts he is for sale.

We’re not interested? No, you aren’t interested that’s different.  We don’t know how Smith and co think.

Bored of going over the Watkins, two striker thing that keeps being brought up.  It’s been answered, some like that answer, some don’t.

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we show ambition, we can nick him from Chelsea, imagine Watkins and Abraham up front with Grealish floating off them

No. Absolutely not. I don't want 2 up top. Only potato throwback teams in PL like Burnley and Southampton play 2 up top. I really like Smith approach to football which is completely counter to this nonsense. I joked Abraham is a lanky Darren Bent but I actually mean it. He was flat track bully in Championship for us and offers nothing like Watkins does when it comes to the press

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Bored of going over the Watkins, two striker thing that keeps being brought up.  It’s been answered, some like that answer, some don’t.

You giving an answer that is wrong is not an answer, it's just your opinion. 

I like your comments in general but this thread is basically your hobby horse on why you like Abraham and I'd guess you've contributed at least 40% of the content

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. Absolutely not. I don't want 2 up top. Only potato throwback teams in PL like Burnley and Southampton play 2 up top. I really like Smith approach to football which is completely counter to this nonsense. I joked Abraham is a lanky Darren Bent but I actually mean it. He was flat track bully in Championship for us and offers nothing like Watkins does when it comes to the press

Well, I loved Darren Bent too, remember? That transfer worked out very well at first and he kept us in the Premier League but didn’t go too well after that. Potato throwback teams? For me, they are solid Premier League outfits now with good quality managers 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You giving an answer that is wrong is not an answer, it's just your opinion.

I can say the same about yours, it’s a discussion forum and stating your opinion in a factual way “we’re not interested” is the same as you saying my answer is wrong.  We just don’t agree on this topic.

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

basically your hobby horse on why you like Abraham and I'd guess you've contributed at least 40% of the content

I can’t disagree, I think it’s because it’s so quiet at the moment.  ESR looks to have run it’s course, Alvarez is one of those Rashica type threads where you never know and just ongoing.  I can’t entertain the Jack thread because its people having meltdowns at every non credible tweet.  So I linger around here because it’s a position I think should be our second priority, a player I like, a player we know Smith likes, a very low risk buy and is available.  People disagree because of how much he would cost which is still unknown, scared it might impact Ollie (don’t understand this) and most weirdly some have questioned Tammy’s ability.

I think its a hobby horse for a couple of us including yourself.  Yes I probably have the most content along with Dave but there are a few on the opposite side like yourself kicking up the content stats as well.  It’s all good fun until we get some actual signings in that we can discuss and then talk about games.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea fans says he is awkward on the ball.

I think people on here are being overly romantic.

He just isn't that good of a player. If he were Tuchel wouldn't want to get rid of him.

Certainly not a 40 M player. Not a chance.

Who cares what they say? We know what he's like from his time with us, so we don't need to rely on their opinion. 

image.jpeg.f162340a1a418dcf210768d6c7d7ee81.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where's Buendia and Traore playing?

Top teams don't play 2 up front anymore. Its either a striker with 2/3 behind them or a dynamic front 3.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Top teams don't play 2 up front anymore. Its either a striker with 2/3 behind them or a dynamic front 3.

And in a couple of seasons maybe all the top teams might be playing with a front 2 again.  Systems / formations come and go - usually after one team has a bit of success and everyone else tries to replicate it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allani said:

And in a couple of seasons maybe all the top teams might be playing with a front 2 again.  Systems / formations come and go - usually after one team has a bit of success and everyone else tries to replicate it.

Maybe if it's a front 2 of Watkins and his clone that do the pressing and work of 3 men. Abraham didn't have anywhere near that work rate iirc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Maybe we could buck the trend, I’d love to see it, just go all out attack and blitz teams 

I don't rate Tammy Abraham as high as a lot of people on this site do ! His style of play suited the Championship to a tee but I don't feel he is suited to the Premier . Ollie typifies what is needed from a striker & Tammy doesn't have it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maybe we could buck the trend, I’d love to see it, just go all out attack and blitz teams 

We put 7 past Liverpool with Watkins lone striker. Is that not good enough?

Do you want Keeganesque you score 4 but we'll score 5 nonsense?

Also just don’t rate Tammy. Yes he banged them in during his season with us, but it’s the Championship. Forever grateful for what he did for us, but his game is limited and he isn’t worth £40m. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We put 7 past Liverpool with Watkins lone striker. Is that not good enough?

Do you want Keeganesque you score 4 but we'll score 5 nonsense?

Not necessarily, it is a fine art between attacking and defending, finding that balance is difficult. In my opinion, we have some excellent players in our current squad, we need to keep them together and add to them to compete with the top 6. I honestly believe that in the Premier League, pretty much anyone can beat anyone on any given day

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

As TRO says, just because at the moment top teams don't play two up top no more, doesn't mean a top team won't play that next season then all the rest go and follow the trend. Systems change and so the use of two strikers on field could be a thing again for all we know in a season or two time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Also just don’t rate Tammy. Yes he banged them in during his season with us, but it’s the Championship. Forever grateful for what he did for us, but his game is limited and he isn’t worth £40m. 

Don't agree with the limited bit, how can you even say that when he's been knocking balls into the net at premier level, I can't figure that one out at all.

The poor lad has had a tough time at Chelsea and struggled for game time, yet he had a good run in the small doses he was given, he's just looking for some football. Tammy would be happy at Villa because we can give that football to him. All this he will be looking for a no1 seat in a top half team I don't agree with, if that's the case then he most certainly should be good enough firepower to aid Watkins up front. Watkins can't be played all season long, he may be a machine but he was certainly running on empty after Covid scare. Watkins can't run all season, again risk to injury increases and I don't trust Davis and Wesley to get the job done, we must be crazy to risk a whole season on them and not qualify for Europe. Alternating, rotating is key at the right times, now Tammy and Watkins doing that if we're only playing one up front is perfect balance. Also you have to think of what if Smith wants to add an extra striker to the game in second half, what we throw on Wesley or Davis, Smiths been known to do that and while there were positive signs, again Tammy would be perfect choice compared to those two.

We also don't realise how much of a relationship some of our players have with Tammy. How much strength in character he has and how much he helped inspire our championship team on, he brought the right type of fire and mentality as well as an attitude to win into Villa.

People go on and on about this old love for him being a championship player for us because he knocked in a lot of goals, I see him for more than that and see the benefit he could be at Villa.

I hope the chiefs bring him in or he's going elsewhere and he will be the equivalent to Watkins for another team. Wouldn't surprise me if Kane leaves spurs that they go buy Tammy then watch what happens. It does actually make me nervous to where he may end up, because I do believe whoever Tammy goes to he will not just be a goal scorer but add a different dynamic of play to the team. Anyone that has watched him should know he's all over the place looking to get that ball, he's a go getter like Watkins. Tammy will be there in a game defensive and offensively hounding you and making life awkward for a player with the ball to move. Tammy doesn't just sit in the opposition's half, he keeps himself moving around the whole pitch, in fact can anyone find his heat maps please for his time at Chelsea, it may shed abit of light as to where he floats around.

Goal Chelsea GIF by skysports

• Like 1

Â