Tammy Abraham

nick76

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

the trend is going more to strikerless systems, City played it a lot last season so have Liverpool over the last 3 or 4 years. There is very few actual centre forwards around in football. Liverpool have 1 thats Origi, Chelsea have Tammy, Arsenal have 2, United have Cavani and Spurs have Kane and City currently have none. Thats the "Sky 6" who spend the most and dont have centre forward depth.  Even West Ham who overperformed last season played a wideman up top

You just get into definitions here though. I’d always describe Salah and Mane as strikers. Not traditional #9s but every bit as much a striker as, say, Thierry Henry or later-era Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s not like us popping Grealish up front (not that you’re suggesting it is) - whereas City do play that actually strikerless way sometimes.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah alright Overhyped, i dno any premier footballer who's Overhyped, must be doing something god damn wrong to be in that best league in the world. What Giroud hasn't actually been on fire has he this season? In fact who had most goals last season in a Chelsea shirt, sure it's Werner and Tammy tied on 6 goals, the only difference is Tammy played less games than Werner.

What I find funny with you guys is when Tammy does pop up and score one against us, or if he does next season you will soon change your tune and be the one going off as though we should of bought him.

Wonder what some of you have taken to say Tammy isnt good or he's Overhyped.

drugs GIF

Yawn with the gif lol… Never particularly rated nor wanted Tammy in our promotion season. I see too many weaknesses in his game to go and spunk £40 million on him… As soon as Chelsea had an elite level manager in charge he was dropped Out of the picture completely with Giroud and Werner chosen ahead of him. What does that say ? Tammy will have a good career somewhere as he seems like a good pro, just don’t want him anywhere near Villa park. Pretty simples. 

ps: Chelsea’s top scorer was Jorginho… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Never particularly rated nor wanted Tammy in our promotion season.

You what?

Our previous season the attacking options composed of  a unfit Kodjia,  Scott Hogan,  Fat Ross McCormack, Gabby who was basically retired, and half a season of Lewis Grabban. Oh and Keinan who will never score 25 goals for Villa even if he stays for 10 years.

There were doubts if he could do at in the prem but had already one good loan at Bristol City in the championship and was clearly an upgrade on what we had.

Edited by The Fun Factory

52 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yawn with the gif lol… Never particularly rated nor wanted Tammy in our promotion season. I see too many weaknesses in his game to go and spunk £40 million on him… As soon as Chelsea had an elite level manager in charge he was dropped Out of the picture completely with Giroud and Werner chosen ahead of him. What does that say ? Tammy will have a good career somewhere as he seems like a good pro, just don’t want him anywhere near Villa park. Pretty simples. 

ps: Chelsea’s top scorer was Jorginho… 

I feel 

Survive The Night GIF by The Forever Purge

On its way 🤣

GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Edited by Dave-R

That’s pretty funny to be fair … we just see things differently - some couldn’t see anything in Grealish and wanted him binned for £5mill after he as photo’d passed out… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

That’s pretty funny to be fair … we just see things differently - some couldn’t see anything in Grealish and wanted him binned for £5mill after he as photo’d passed out… 

Tammy did amazing for us, so I'm not sure how you couldn't of wanted him at Villa 

Hello Disappointed GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

He showed up when we called for him, he helped a struggling squad get promotion and he wasn't sent packing because he wasn't any good. In fact speaking of that we would of kept him if we could of at the time and if that move had of happened he would still be here with us now I think, in fact I'm sure of it. 

Wonder what some of you against Tammy come to Villa would say if it were Watkins we would be bringing in and Tammy was our main striker?? 

Tammy is every bit on the same level as Watkins just that they are different in ways, both have different pros and cons but in alot of ways play similar.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Sometimes the views of some posters on here make me wonder.  Tammy's not actually that good? Yeah ok

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

If he is so great then why is Chelsea actively trying to get rid of him and offering him to every single London club there is?

• Haha 1

I'd love us to have Tammy, but I just don't get why we even think he would come to us - not cos small club but simply because it's such a mis-match in player/club - he needs to be no.1 striker and we need a no.2 (not poo). never. gonna. happen. dead. on. arrival. not. even. a. pulsating. period. of. an. idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy is every bit on the same level as Watkins just that they are different in ways, both have different pros and cons but in alot of ways play similar.

Tammy is shit on the press compared to Watkins and is a flat track bully. 

Make It Stop Season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, villalad21 said:

If he is so great then why is Chelsea actively trying to get rid of him and offering him to every single London club there is?

Maybe because they want to buy someone else 😂

Chelsea screwed up with Tammy plain and simple, they should of played him more. Everytime he showed up and put in the performances, scored goals there coaches wanted something bigger and put him at the back of the que. Remember Chelsea are competing for a top spot and they want what they think is the best out there at the time as well as showing that player off, Tammy doesn't fit that bill because he's not a world stager who brings the crowds in if they are in Europe.

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tammy is shit on the press compared to Watkins and is a flat track bully. 

Make It Stop Season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Right I'm sure you read what I said right?

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Being shit on the press and flat track bully are not endorsements

Pros and cons I said between the two.

He is not a Bully, Tammy just has the 🔥 and passion in him. Nothing wrong with being a Bully anyway, it's the English game, rough and rugged this ain't no my little ponys mate. Have you not noticed how Watkins can sometimes get Bullied by defenses and he has been, so why is it were now arriving at the point a forward can't do it. Sometimes Watkins is to nice but this is where I'm saying both are different and both have there pros and cons Kiwi.

I seen you in the line Kiwi 😂

Griffin Gluck Waiting GIF by Middle School Movie

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because they are trying to buy the best young striker in the world in Haaland for what could be up to 150m or one of the best strikers of the modern age in Lewandowski.  They are on a different level to us, it’s not hard to understand.

• Like 1

Â