Tammy Abraham

nick76

Just now, Dave-R said:

Pros and cons I said between the two.

He is not a Bully, Tammy just has the 🔥 and passion in him. Nothing wrong with being a Bully anyway, it's the English game, rough and rugged this ain't no my little ponys mate. Have you not noticed how Watkins can sometimes get Bullied by defenses and he has been, so why is it were now arriving at the point a forward can't do it. Sometimes Watkins is to nice but this is where I'm saying both are different and both have there pros and cons Kiwi.

A flat track bully means someone that only shows up against the weak teams

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

A flat track bully means someone that only shows up against the weak teams

Well okay, next time tv land speak english GIF by YoungerTV

I wouldn't say there are any weak teams in the premier, this is the elite of the elite level, even the bottom of the table on there day can make a top of the table seem like the weak ones.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

I love Tammy, hugely thankful for his contribution here and would love him back. But he has his faults and I don’t believe he is worth what Chelsea would want. There is a reason he isn’t part of a top managers plans  

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because they are trying to buy the best young striker in the world in Haaland for what could be up to 150m or one of the best strikers of the modern age in Lewandowski.  They are on a different level to us, it’s not hard to understand.

Haaland? He can't even get in the team ahead of Werner and Giroud.

Abraham is an ok PL level striker but not someone we should waste 40-50 M on when we already have a much better striker with a perfect injury record.

Our priorities should lie elsewhere like a 10 and a 6

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I love Tammy, hugely thankful for his contribution here and would love him back. But he has his faults and I don’t believe he is worth what Chelsea would want. There is a reason he isn’t part of a top managers plans  

We will see how top of a manager he is next season, he may not work out for them.

Nobody but the press are stating this 40 mill though, I do not believe anyway Chelsea have stated he is only for sale for 40 mill. That means if the chiefs have him on there list that if they decide to pull that trigger, for all we know he could come for as little as what we paid for Martinez, maybe abit more.

Look at Buendia, the press were floating the same 40 mill around, same as they have done with ESR, seems to be the go to number right?? Doesn't mean they wil go for that pricet hough..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Abraham is an ok PL level striker but not someone we should waste 40-50 M on when we already have a much better striker with a perfect injury record.

You asked why they are selling him.  Now you are asking different question, just moving the goal posts when I answered your question.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

“Waste” 40-50m you say, over the more neutral “spend”. Right.

In the last two years, how many “ok PL level strikers” have better goals per minutes than Tammy? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

In the last two years, how many “ok PL level strikers” have better goals per minutes than Tammy? 

It's okay mate here's the pit

300 GIF by memecandy

It's actually getting a rather full of Tammy Haters 😂

Based on a quick look, Tammy has a goals per 90 min ratio of 0.57 for Chelsea in the Premier League. 

So 22 (well, 21.66) goals based on a full 38 game season. Not bad at all IMO.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

LOL how is it that I can be out of most threads in On Topic for about two months, and then when I click on one you're still doing the same daft line about how because Watkins didn't get injured last season, that means he is never going to get injured at any point in the future?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Based on a quick look, Tammy has a goals per 90 min ratio of 0.57 for Chelsea in the Premier League. 

So 22 (well, 21.66) goals based on a full 38 game season. Not bad at all IMO.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIFPulp Fiction Burger GIF

20 minutes ago, Enda said:

Considering he is playing for a Champions League winning team his numbers there are average.

And has been mentioned he seem to only score against weaker opposition. He particularly thrives in the cup when they face Championship level sides.

More so i look mostly on general play when I judge strikers. What do they bring to the team the games they aren't scoring? And it Abraham's case it's very little.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Considering he is playing for a Champions League winning team his numbers there are average.

And has been mentioned he seem to only score against weaker opposition. He particularly thrives in the cup when they face Championship level sides.

More so i look mostly on general play when I judge strikers. What do they bring to the team the games they aren't scoring? And it Abraham's case it's very little.

Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

Watching You Samuel L Jackson GIF

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If Tammy had never played for us and had never helped us get promoted, we wouldn't even be discussing his potential move here.

The discussion is based on sentiment and emotion, rather than on logic and practicality.

I would say there is a logic and practicality to a player returning to a club who is a known quantity, did well for us, knows the players and the club. We know we tried to sign him when we were promoted but he wanted to take his chance with Chelsea.

Now that he seems to have been pushed to the fringes of the Chelsea squad it is pretty lazy journalism to presume we might want to sign him.

The truth is no one actually knows if Chelsea want to sell him, if he wants to go, what he will be valued at and who would be interested/capable of meeting whatever Chelsea do ask for him.

I am a huge fan and think he would be amazing signing, but I don't think we are interested at the moment or that a striker is a priority (just an opinion not fact).

But the thought of lining up next season again with Watkins as our only striker capable of scoring goals, fills me full of dread.

Davis has had enough chances now to try and prove he can score goals but I don't think he is a capable back up, as much as I like his beast like qualities.

Wes might get his mojo back, but relying on him Davis or Barry to step in if Watkins get's injured or is out of form/suspended is a huge risk.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If Tammy had never played for us and had never helped us get promoted, we wouldn't even be discussing his potential move here.

The discussion is based on sentiment and emotion, rather than on logic and practicality.

You can't say that though for deffinate. We may of got promoted a season later if Tammy never arrived that season at Villa, we would of just secured someone else if he didn't come. Then once we got promoted we may of been in a different position also. Realistically Jesus pitarxh may of left In the championship season, if the promotion hadn't of happened. It's a tough call on whether we'd be discussing him coming here.

I do believe the reason we have Watkins is partly due to Tammy, Smith wanted someone in that area to do what he needed in a forward to make happen on the pitch. Tammy started off and highlighted what we exactly needed in a striker after seasons of bad strikers. So yeah we get to the prem and unfortunately we couldn't hold onto Tammy but it was out of our hands. Smith would of chose to keep Tammy,still speaks highly of him still. Smith sees alot of similarity between Tammy and Watkins,I've always felt that and while there are differences, I just refuse to believe that Smith wouldn't take pleasure in having him at Villa again while ever were only one strong striker up.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I would say there is a logic and practicality to a player returning to a club who is a known quantity, did well for us, knows the players and the club. We know we tried to sign him when we were promoted but he wanted to take his chance with Chelsea.

Now that he seems to have been pushed to the fringes of the Chelsea squad it is pretty lazy journalism to presume we might want to sign him.

The truth is no one actually knows if Chelsea want to sell him, if he wants to go, what he will be valued at and who would be interested/capable of meeting whatever Chelsea do ask for him.

I am a huge fan and think he would be amazing signing, but I don't think we are interested at the moment or that a striker is a priority.

But the thought of lining up with Watkins as our only striker capable of scoring goals, feels me full of dread.

Davis has had enough chances now to prove he can score goals and I don't think he is a capable back up, as much as I like his beast like qualities.

Wes might get his mojo back, but relying on him Davis or Barry to step in if Watkins get's injured or is out of form/suspended is a huge risk.

the joker applause GIF

Well Done Reaction GIF

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

• Like 1

Â