Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Put it this way, we'd never sell Watkins for 40m, and he's at the stage Tammy was 1 year ago.

That is true mate good point. 

We would sell Watkins at probably 60-70 mill now if not try for more. The club would easy want extra on top of what they paid for him. The moment we buy Tammy we would have to make him better which we would then a price hike would happen.

Tammy is a bargain really and he has the ability to get better and increase his worth under Smith.

• Like 1

With all the midfielders we are buying we need Tammy to help Watkins put away all those passes into the box that we are going to get.Not only that but if Watkins gets injured or suspended we need Tammy so we dont drop 6 places again.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

With all the midfielders we are buying we need Tammy to help Watkins put away all those passes into the box that we are going to get.Not only that but if Watkins gets injured or suspended we need Tammy so we dont drop 6 places again.

Indeed. 

Capable and reliable striker we need at Villa apart from Watkins. If Watkins goes down at least Tammy would put away some of the chances that should be being created by the new lads that are coming in to support Grealish.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Was in Marbella with Hause apparently couple of weeks ago. Pal of mine's son is a personal shopper for Hause, paid for him to join them over there, does a bit for Grealish too apparently. 7k a night villa, money is just paper to them he reckons. 

• Like 1

Tammy and Ollie can co-exist, in a squad.It creates options and back up, 

How on earth can we hope to play 38 arduous games, domestic cup games, with one striker of note.

We are leaving those days behind us, where we just have a bare minimum.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

How on earth can we hope to play 38 arduaous games, domestic cup games, with one striker of note.

I were wondering where my friend TRO was and whether he would nip into this thread and give his view, glad you could make it.

I agree as well they can co exist together and the idea we should only have one striker who is far superior to the other is a daft idea. I would sooner have two strikers who are close to one and other who can compete an raise the level and keep eachother improving.

As I said I think I would trade both Wesley and Davis in if we could for Tammy, or if it just meant that we had to sell both in order to bring Tammy here. Once that happens the question is who becomes third option, that for me is an easy answer, we have Barry to give some minutes to.

Not sure if you agree or not with this TRO?

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

The stumbling block here wouldn’t be SHOULD we buy him.  The guy is a goal scorer. If he plays, he will score.  Doesn’t do as much as Ollie for the team, and honestly that can not be under-estimated.

He is a capable finisher, and I would be delighted to have him back.  The transfer fee is not of our (as fans) concern.  He is young enough and proven enough for us to recoup most of it should it not work out.

A lot of people will compare the quoted prices to those available abroad, but of course you pay a premium for someone who has demonstrated their ability in the league you are buying for.  Daka just cost £23m, but he could easily struggle to adapt here.  You don’t have that question mark over Tammy.

The stumbling block in this transfer would be ‘does Tammy want to come play second fiddle to Ollie?’  He no doubt would get game time for Ollie’s sake, but he’d probably want to be a guaranteed starter somewhere else. But where?? Can’t see that anywhere in the top clubs, apart from Spurs if Kane moves on.

If they’re not interested, then I can’t see much competition for us, and as such we should hold out for a cut price deal.

if we’re interested, this one will be a slow burner.

17 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I were wondering where my friend TRO was and whether he would nip into this thread and give his view, glad you could make it.

I agree as well they can co exist together and the idea we should only have one striker who is far superior to the other is a daft idea. I would sooner have two strikers who are close to one and other who can compete an raise the level and keep eachother improving.

As I said I think I would trade both Wesley and Davis in if we could for Tammy, or if it just meant that we had to sell both in order to bring Tammy here. Once that happens the question is who becomes third option, that for me is an easy answer, we have Barry to give some minutes to.

Not sure if you agree or not with this TRO?

Yes, I do......never far away Dave, getting my 5 quids worth.😀

The thing for me Dave, is this rigid thinking that players remain in their starting positions all through the game......They don't, they move and probe, a game is a moving feast, with overloads and gaps to be filled.

you only had to see Sancho and Sterling swapping wings during Saturdays Game, Kane drops deep, and then moves back....Phillips moves forward and Rice drops back and vice versa......Football is dynamic, not static.

I have always believed the game to be a game of 2's to play off each other....sure the trend has been to play 1 striker, to bolster midfield, but it can easily morph back in the 2 at times.

I think Tammy would be a sound signing and no disruption at all to Ollie, in fact they would compliment each other as I don't see them as the same.....similar in somethings, but not the same.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thug said:

The stumbling block here wouldn’t be SHOULD we buy him.  The guy is a goal scorer. If he plays, he will score.  Doesn’t do as much as Ollie for the team, and honestly that can not be under-estimated.

He is a capable finisher, and I would be delighted to have him back.  The transfer fee is not of our (as fans) concern.  He is young enough and proven enough for us to recoup most of it should it not work out.

A lot of people will compare the quoted prices to those available abroad, but of course you pay a premium for someone who has demonstrated their ability in the league you are buying for.  Daka just cost £23m, but he could easily struggle to adapt here.  You don’t have that question mark over Tammy.

The stumbling block in this transfer would be ‘does Tammy want to come play second fiddle to Ollie?’  He no doubt would get game time for Ollie’s sake, but he’d probably want to be a guaranteed starter somewhere else. But where?? Can’t see that anywhere in the top clubs, apart from Spurs if Kane moves on.

If they’re not interested, then I can’t see much competition for us, and as such we should hold out for a cut price deal.

if we’re interested, this one will be a slow burner.

I don't see that at all....I don't see Ollie playing second fiddle to Tammy or vice versa.....I have always seen Ollie as more of an Inside forward, in old football terminology......Like Shaw and Withe or Rush and Dalgleish or Cole and Yorke.

we can then go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 or 4-4-2.......depending who we face........Its too much to ask of one.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Was in Marbella with Hause apparently couple of weeks ago. Pal of mine's son is a personal shopper for Hause, paid for him to join them over there, does a bit for Grealish too apparently. 7k a night villa, money is just paper to them he reckons. 

I used to work in corporate. One of the executives was once talking about a vacation he just took with his family to Africa. Some regular bod in the room asked "thats a long flight, which airline did you take?" the answer was "Oh I rented a private jet for the family trip, a learjet I think, it was nice." 

All casual. The rich live in a different world

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

How on earth can we hope to play 38 arduous games, domestic cup games, with one striker of note.

That’s all well and good TRO. But why Tammy? Over anyone else? 

I’m sure there isn’t a single person here who does not want us to have competition and a deeper, better squad & cover. That’s not the prevailing debate here.

He would be a fine addition to the squad and is a great kid but wouldn’t it concern you that we would be spending a huge part of our budget and breaking our transfer record for a player who would most likely be spending the majority of time on the bench? Not to go straight into the team and elevate it (such as Buendia)?

Do you not agree that Ollie is a superior player, offer so much more, and has more than earned the right to be our main man at CF for the foreseeable future, and not be shifted out wide to accommodate Tammy or another player? He has excelled in that position and is only going to get better. Do we risk unsettling him or stalling his progress? He deserves a lot more admiration than Tammy, he’s our player…

Would you not prefer us to spend the bulk of our remaining budget and for our record signing to be a top class midfielder who can improve and help us out there or a forward who would be adept at covering more than one position (WF & CF)?

We have a transfer and wage budget (and structure) to carefully manage too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

and has more than earned the right to be our main man at CF for the foreseeable future, and not be shifted out wide to accommodate Tammy or another player?

Smith pretty emphatically said this won't happen. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Probably a previous transfer window saw interview and he was asked the question. 

In other news… take a look at the transfer thread… (nothing good or of any importance).

Edited by Jas10

Back to this. Other factors to consider:

Ollie won’t be relegated to the bench or become 2nd choice CF. He is our main man and main source of goals.

We have brought in and are possibly still bringing in players that excel or can play on the wings so why would we play Ollie there? Ahead of Jack, Buendia, even Traore & maybe even El Ghazi (if he’s still here) and whoever else we bring in? Young?

Transfer activity (and a few links) so far suggests that the major priority is to try and provide better & more consistent service for Ollie more than anything, and to assist Jack in doing that. That’s where the majority of our limited funds/budget will be spent.

By strengthening, we will have better cover too (more likely to be some of our present players) and be able to manage should Jack sustain an injury or be suspended.

So I would suggest whoever comes in as a forward or CF is only going to be 2nd choice, can provide competition but not realistically expected to take his place, and could even be someone who could eventually succeed him… it won’t break our transfer record either.

I would agree that we need this player unless Wesley can really stake a claim…

If Tammy can be brought in on an amazing, high value deal and not an exorbitant wage, and he is coming in with the right sort of expectations, then I wouldn’t have any issue with it. 

That just won’t be the case though will it?

Fingers crossed on Wesley, send Davis on his way…

If we had not seen Tammy have a decent spell with us in the Championship then I doubt there would be much enthusiasm for a player that can't make Chelsea's first team. My concern is that too many here are over-romanticising and living in the past ..... we are playing at a much higher level now and Tammy would need to be significantly better than he was to add anything to Villa 21/22. Has he shown that he can do that at Chelsea ? Clearly they don't think so and have chosen some bang average strikers in preference to him.

Personally, I'm not convinced and would certainly not spend north of £20M on him. Would rather spend the rumoured money on somebody playing, performing and proving themselves in the Premier ..... signing players with "potential" should be reserved for the Academy now, we are at a level where we buy proven quality for the first team rather than gamble with maybe players !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

Â