Tammy Abraham

nick76

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The people saying Ollie playing LW are those that are anti-Tammy, not the pro-Tammy people we haven’t used that as a main reason.

So you’re also saying the leagues best winger, wouldn’t it be good to have a great goal scorer? One whose strike rate per minute is 50% better (pre stats a few pages back) than our current striker in the league so we can take advantage of that awesome left winger and our new right winger.  

It’s amazing that some fans are advocating that? To strengthen the team around that LW, it seems you are the one against that not us.

Lets make it happen # sign Jordan Rhodes # goals per minute

481DFDA9-6A7F-4D24-ACFA-23E0227CA621.jpeg.0eac7d43f293669742d7b395f283e7fa.jpeg

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Lets make it happen # sign Jordan Rhodes # goals per minute

I know it’s only a joke but a few have said this but I don’t understand how Tammy’s scoring ability is being used against him…it’s just weird!  

Just now, nick76 said:

I know it’s only a joke but a few have said this but I don’t understand how Tammy’s scoring ability is being used against him…it’s just weird!  

He’s a good player and I like him as do most of us here given his successful and  integral role in getting us promoted and I for one will be forever grateful to him for that, without his goals we wouldn’t have gotten promoted.  I think what most are getting at is that people seem to think Tammy would be a improvement on Ollie truth of the matter is not many players anywhere can bring what Ollie Watkins has in terms of non stop workrate. I would love to have 2 quality players in each position and I would absolutely love Tammy back here at Villa where he’s loved, but If we were to smash our transfer record again I believe we should put it towards a central midfielder, but who knows maybe we spend £40m on Tammy and another £50m on a quality midfielder.

Big no to this. Watkins is our striker and the key to how we press and attack teams. Spending however much it will cost on Tammy just to shove Watkins out wide and lose a lot of that is not worth it at all. 

Tammy had a nice loan but lets move on. 

Edited by Farlz

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Big no to this. Watkins is our striker and the key to how we press and attack teams. Spending however much it will cost on Tammy just to shove Watkins out wide and lose a lot of that is not worth it at all. 

Tammy had a nice loan but lets move on. 

Wow talk about coming to the party late, saying something that has been said and discussed and partly debunked.

Out of interest how would most of people here feel if Traore started as a CF for a run of games if Ollie was out? He Scored 7 premier league goals from a wide position a goal more than Tammy but Tammy played 10 Less games but Tammy is a striker for the champions league winners. I get we would lose out on hold up play and pressing and feeding the channels, but he’s still a decent option if push comes to shove? Given we should have better players behind him in Jack and Buendia and should be able Dominate possession a bit more .

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The people saying Ollie playing LW are those that are anti-Tammy, not the pro-Tammy people we haven’t used that as a main reason.

So you’re also saying the leagues best winger, wouldn’t it be good to have a great goal scorer? One whose strike rate per minute is 50% better (pre stats a few pages back) than our current striker in the league so we can take advantage of that awesome left winger and our new right winger.  

It’s amazing that some fans are advocating that? To strengthen the team around that LW, it seems you are the one against that not us.

I'm all for someone coming in who strengthens us and suits our style of play. If we can spend £30-40m on a CM (ideally a DM),  a CAM and even a CB* and then also Tammy... Great, I'd love to have him in the squad. But I'd have those three positions ahead of striker in the £30m+ bracket and I don't think we spend £90-120m more this summer.

If we do then I'd be happy with Tammy. But I don't think we will. And I also don't think Dean would look to Tammy with that much cash to spend either. 

*I would however say that if Wesley is deemed by the management to be completely crocked, which I also don't believe to be the case, then maybe Striker moves ahead of CB. 

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Out of interest how would most of people here feel if Traore started as a CF for a run of games if Ollie was out? He Scored 7 premier league goals from a wide position a goal more than Tammy but Tammy played 10 Less games but Tammy is a striker for the champions league winners. I get we would lose out on hold up play and pressing and feeding the channels, but he’s still a decent option if push comes to shove? Given we should have better players behind him in Jack and Buendia and should be able Dominate possession a bit more .

I doubt that would happen, Dean had the option of trying that but didn’t. Don’t know if he would be suited for it either with the extra pace and physicality of this league and ability of defenders, compared to Ligue 1 or Eredivisie (Mickey mouse league).

I’d like to see how BT does as a CAM or SS where he can focus on his attacking ability, he could possibly get more goals and assists. Maybe we could try it during preseason… taking on the early season Barkley role.

Buendia will help Cash out on that right hand side and will bring us that much needed, extra creativity.

I’m still not losing hope on Wesley. If he can get in good condition and form, he’d be adequate cover, for now at least. We can’t afford to spend on and strengthen every position or bring in backup for every one, not in a single window.

I think we’ll bring in a forward regardless anyway, who can cover out wide and in the centre. We should send Davis on his way too…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think Kiwi has talked about Traore a lot in this regard previously in other threads.  It's an option, not one that a team going for Europe should be doing but it's an option.  If we are serious about Europe we need another top notch striker.  If we want to stay to be a midtable team then this kind of option is fine.  We have to act like a european place chasing team or we dont. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm all for someone coming in who strengthens us and suits our style of play. If we can spend £30-40m on a CM (ideally a DM),  a CAM and even a CB* and then also Tammy... Great, I'd love to have him in the squad. But I'd have those three positions ahead of striker in the £30m+ bracket and I don't think we spend £90-120m more this summer.

If we do then I'd be happy with Tammy. But I don't think we will. And I also don't think Dean would look to Tammy with that much cash to spend either. 

*I would however say that if Wesley is deemed by the management to be completely crocked, which I also don't believe to be the case, then maybe Striker moves ahead of CB. 

I understand your point, it's about priorities.  I personally think striker is a priority only behind a CAM.  I think CAM is key position to fill but then Striker, then DCM.  I think Smith will be keen to increase his striker/forward options, i really do.

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d like to see how BT does as a CAM

That would scare me, I dont think he does enough to have a central role.  I think he can be fantastic going forwards but even a CAM has more defensive duties than BT looks like he’s willing to do.  Plus when he's defending he looks lost.  He is too much of a luxury player in my eyes to be anything more than a winger for us or if we are completely desperate as a striker.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That would scare me, I dont think he does enough to have a central role.  I think he can be fantastic going forwards but even a CAM has more defensive duties than BT looks like he willing to do.  Plus when he's defending he looks lost.  He is too much of a luxury player in my eyes to be anything more than a winger for us or if we are completely desperate as a striker.

Are you really disrespecting BT?!

Tammy can piss off! 🤣

41 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s a good player and I like him as do most of us here given his successful and  integral role in getting us promoted and I for one will be forever grateful to him for that, without his goals we wouldn’t have gotten promoted.  I think what most are getting at is that people seem to think Tammy would be a improvement on Ollie truth of the matter is not many players anywhere can bring what Ollie Watkins has in terms of non stop workrate. I would love to have 2 quality players in each position and I would absolutely love Tammy back here at Villa where he’s loved, but If we were to smash our transfer record again I believe we should put it towards a central midfielder, but who knows maybe we spend £40m on Tammy and another £50m on a quality midfielder.

ManU didn't baulk when signing Dwight Yorke, they aleady had Andy Cole, wasn't they similar players......but together they was dynamite.

I want the central midfielder nailed too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

ManU didn't baulk when signing Dwight Yorke, they aleady had Andy Cole, wasn't they similar players......but together they was dynamite.

it is too much for Ollie to play 38 arduous games, and having the goal scoring responsibility, to boot.

I want the central midfielder nailed too.

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

His goal rate at CF is pretty great actually. 0.7 goals per 90 minutes whenever he's started at or moved to center forward during his days at Chelsea and Lyon. For some reason though, they stopped playing him there the season before we bought him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That would scare me, I dont think he does enough to have a central role.  I think he can be fantastic going forwards but even a CAM has more defensive duties than BT looks like he willing to do.  Plus when he's defending he looks lost.  He is too much of a luxury player in my eyes to be anything more than a winger for us or if we are completely desperate as a striker.

Seriously though, I’m sure he’d do a better job there than Barkley did!

I don’t expect him to play there though. We have Jack & Buendia and will bring at least another 1 or 2 who will could play there.

• Like 2

Â