Tammy Abraham

nick76

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Create narrative to sign player management probably have no intention of signing so you can complain down the line when results don't go our way. Got it. 

What so if Watkins gets injured or goes on a goal droubt as he did twice last season, you don't think it's all thinking ahead to possible outcomes?? Bringing Tammy in would or could help that situation out before it gets to that point if it should arrive?? But it's best planning for the worst when your trying to have a fantastic season and we one injury or droubt away from losing out on Europe possibly??

Think back to Grealish, we would of no doubt got Europe if he hadn't of gone to an injury. If we had of had someone in to pick the slack up at the time we would of no doubt been playing in Europe next season.

Think all you like I'm trying to creat story to suit the signing of Tammy but it's not like that, it's planning for the worse it's called.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't agree to be fair Tammy should be brought in to compete with Tammy.

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

You’re losing it now Dave, best get off the Tammy sauce for a while 🤣

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

You’re losing it now Dave, best get off the Tammy sauce for a while 🤣

You knew what I meant lol, not long woke up and noooooo Tammy sauce is on the menu all day🤣

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What so if Watkins gets injured or goes on a goal droubt as he did twice last season, you don't think it's all thinking ahead to possible outcomes?? Bringing Tammy in would or could help that situation out before it gets to that point if it should arrive?? But it's best planning for the worst when your trying to have a fantastic season and we one injury or droubt away from losing out on Europe possibly??

He scored 2 goals in 9 game goal drought and was robbed both times by VAR one was so bad it was slammed by every pundit. You're still creating a narrative over a dodgy Mirror article about a player management may have no intention of buying regardless how many times you or others say get him in. Smith has said he'll look at striker options based on looking at Wesley progress but doubt it will be overpriced by Chelsea valuation Abraham

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

about a player management may have no intention of buying

Or may have intention of buying…you can’t claim one side without acknowledging the other is just as possible.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He scored 2 goals in 9 game goal drought and was robbed both times by VAR one was so bad it was slammed by every pundit. You're still creating a narrative over a dodgy Mirror article about a player management may have no intention of buying regardless how many times you or others say get him in. Smith has said he'll look at striker options based on looking at Wesley progress but doubt it will be overpriced by Chelsea valuation Abraham

We may not have any intention of buying Tammy doesn't stop me or others wanting him to come here does it and talking about it, that's what these threads are for. But don't say I'm creating shit up to suit him coming here, I am not. We've already been through losing out on a future showing for next season when Grealish was injured. The Grealish situation happened and because of it we lost out of Europe due to injury. How can you not see a situation where the same thing could happen next season if Watkins gets ruled out?? We could of planned better for it yes??

It's just The same could happen again if Watkins is unavailable for one reason next season and we miss out. Having a suitable player to play in Watkins position would halt any signs of goals not being scored if we plan better down the road.

Wesley and Davis are not good enough for next season and a European challange. While Smith may of said he would watch Wesley in pre season, see how he goes then by then it may be to late. You can't deny who Smith would like out of Tammy, Wesley and Davis, I'd put a little bet on he'd trade both Wesley and Davis for Tammy and to be honest I would to. At this rate were resting next seasons European chances on the maybes of two strikers who one we know for deffinate is not good enough and Wesley who we have not even a clue as to how he will be next season or if he will be like his old self before injury. If we're that smart a club now then don't you think resting on Maybes next season is pretty daft. Sure the chiefs could be seeing things were not but let's face it Wesley and Davis are no where near Tammy's level.

Also goal droubts are goal droubts and while we call it robbery others do not and the rules are the rules Kiwi. Now who's creating Narrative saying Watkins got robbed??. Let's face it VAR while ever I hate it and feel it should be removed it is nether the less part of the rules now is it not? Watkins goals got scrubbed out and even if you admit it or not those goal were not counted because they broke the rules of the game. Admit it or not but he went on goal droubts Kiwi and there's no creating your story around that at all.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But don't say I'm creating shit up to suit him coming here, I am not.

I didn't say that. I said you're creating a narrative to complain about stuff if we don't sign Tammy. You seem to write 50 line posts thinking about the worst possible scenarios 

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or may have intention of buying…you can’t claim one side without acknowledging the other is just as possible.

That's a bit like "You can't prove that God doesn't exist". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't say that. I said you're creating a narrative to complain about stuff if we don't sign Tammy. You seem to write 50 line posts thinking about the worst possible scenarios 

What's wrong with thinking about the worst possible scenarios are you telling me you've never done it one bit, even planning for them? I have also wrote before about the good that Tammy would do here and the positives. . I think your just here for an argument as we've moved on from it being Tammy and you defending Wesley. Now it seems it's all about how I structure my posts or what I say I them, it all now seems abit daft. Do I tell you about what you put in your posts or how much you say in them no I don't and your well within you own right to say what you want. Your actually right here in your post complaining about someone you think is complaining I never understand that logic.

I'm trying to keep it to the football and the daft giffs why can't you.

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's a bit like "You can't prove that God doesn't exist". 

No, it’s nothing like it

Kiwi said management may have no intention of buying.  I said you can’t say that without acknowledging they may have intention of buying.

I asked for no proof…in your comparison its equivalent would be Kiwi saying “God may exist” and then my come back was “you can say that but not without acknowledging God may not exist”

I have not said management have interest in Tammy, prove me wrong which is the equivalent of your “you can’t prove God doesn’t exist”.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

No we haven't and I didn't and honestly can't be bothered with this. Night mate

Goodnight mate you have a goodnight.

Maybe we will have a decent discussion next time I hope as we usually do.

42 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

See this is the stuff I find annoying, ‘overpriced Chelsea valuation’.

We buy unproven championship striker for £30m, but a proven PL & CL striker isn’t worth £40m?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

See this is the stuff I find annoying, ‘overpriced Chelsea valuation’.

We buy unproven championship striker for £30m, but a proven PL & CL striker isn’t worth £40m?

33 million we paid for Watkins in the end as the reports say, yet 7 million more and it's to much for a proven premier striker, it's proper daft.

This is all just a media report saying Tammy would cost 40 mill as well. Just like the Buendia steal, Villa may actually be able to buy him for less than the reported price, it maybe that he costs 50 million. Even at 50 million Tammy is a proven prem striker a d still only (at that price) would be 17 mill more than what our Watkins was bought for.

It's not a great deal is it if you think about it and it's fairly cheap for Tammy and what he can do.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

33 million we paid for Watkins in the end as the reports say, yet 7 million more and it's to much for a proven premier striker, it's proper daft.

This is all just a media report saying Tammy would cost 40 mill as well. Just like the Buendia steal, Villa may actually be able to buy him for less than the reported price, it maybe that he costs 50 million. Even at 50 million Tammy is a proven prem striker a d still only (at that price) would be 17 mill more than what our Watkins was bought for.

It's not a great deal is it if you think about it and it's fairly cheap for Tammy and what he can do.

Agree, I don’t mind the debate, there’s valid points on both sides, but the cherry picking of stats to prove a narrative loses me.

Here’s a stat, Abraham only played a full 90 min in 8 games last season, but scored in 6 of those games and an assist in another. Does that mean he can score 24-25 games in a season? No, but shows how stats can show what narrative some are pushing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â