Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Just now, El Zen said:

I don’t know what that game plan is. It’s certainly not very clear. Ride your luck for 70 mins while inexplicably not playing your best player? That’s not an actual plan in anyone’s book but Baldrick’s. 

Sarcastic GIF

He plays dour defensive football and strangles  the match before bringing on more attacking options late in the game.

I am not a fan of his management style but feel the need to provide a little balance against the ludicrous levels of abuse he gets in here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bringing on super Jack against tired German legs.

ANOTHER

Masterclass...more like started with the wrong team and when he realised he was wrong made a few corrections and one of those was bringing on Jack and then the Germans had no chance.

He screwed up the starting line up.  No masterclass there.  At least he admitted to himself he got it wrong and corrected it giving it enough time to rectify

• Like 2

I finally get Southgate's tactics

Bore them rigid for 70 mins then send the entertainers on

Rope-a-dope on a football pitch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He has got absolutely the wrong game plan for the players at his disposal.

He is a poor coach mate, we won in spite of him, individual talent and not a game plan.

Completely agree, he cocked up but at least he tried to fix it bringing the likes of Jack on.

Just now, PaulC said:

He made one mistake but I thought it was one of his best games in an England shirt and Im not a fan 

I agree, Sterling played well...I've not been a big fan but he played really well today

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

He is a poor coach mate, we won in spite of him, individual talent and not a game plan.

I think there was definitely a game plan. England have not conceded a goal yet and have only allowed 8 shots on Pickford’s goal so far this tournament. 

I am not English and don’t really care about your national team but I think they are looking like being favourites because the defence is too strong.

It’s not a bad tactic for tournament football because when you have a short time with a bunch of players who don’t know each other’s game so well it is a lot easier to set up a defence than to coach offensive patterns into a side. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I’ll take it, wouldn’t you? 

3 minutes ago, Giro said:

I’ll take it, wouldn’t you? 

Most definitely but Southgate has to learn very quickly before Saturday about not starting with 8 defensive players and play so negatively because it could easily go wrong.

Edited by nick76

Just now, LondonLax said:

I think there was definitely a game plan. England have not conceded a goal yet and have only allowed 8 shots on Pickford’s goal so far this tournament. 

I am not English and don’t really care about your national team but I think they are looking like being favourites because the defence is too strong.

It’s not a bad tactic for tournament football because when you have a short time with a bunch of players who don’t know each other’s game so well it is a lot easier to set up a defence than to coach offensive patterns into a side. 

It should be with 7 defenders on the pitch.

They don't each other because they are coached poorly.

I would sack him tonight and offer Pep a million for the remainder of the tournament.

• Haha 1

Â