Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

At least he knows he’s loved by the fans, who else has their own song that gets sung in the 50th minute when they’re on the bench. In fact, who else even has an original song?

"We've got McG...." sorry I can't do it anymore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But Buendia also produces in games, unlike some.

sometimes, yes.....sometimes no.

4 goals in  37 games is not impressive.....sure his main objective is creating, not scoring, but even his assists are not impressive, either....

we have paid c £38 mill for this privilege.....and his stats do not suggest anywhere near that value.

At this rate, we need Elon Musk to bank roll us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s 5 goals and 7 assists in 24 matches worth of minutes actually. For someone coming off the bench or being substituted in almost every game, for a struggling side it’s pretty good.

Thanks, was about to get the per minutes stat out myself.

Decent enough numbers considering he almost always has the same old dysfunctional midfield behind him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Oh and also, if we had better finishers, he'd have had a few more assists last season.

Now, I will give you that......can't hit a barn door.

I'll bet in training they are like Benzema

• Like 1

Gerrard will look silly if Buendia wins us the game and then drops him again. He's in full reputation preservation mode now.

For that reason, it'll be Ings and Watkins I think. 

Edited by Tomaszk

5 hours ago, TRO said:

sometimes, yes.....sometimes no.

4 goals in  37 games is not impressive.....sure his main objective is creating, not scoring, but even his assists are not impressive, either....

we have paid c £38 mill for this privilege.....and his stats do not suggest anywhere near that value.

At this rate, we need Elon Musk to bank roll us.

It’s actually 12 goal involvements in 24 games worth of minutes. 

Edit: been posted above.

Edited by Sulberto21

12 hours ago, TRO said:

They're all good in training.....that's every managers dilemma.

i remember a quote from Deano in our first year back, after a few losses, he said something like:

"i need to go back and look at things, it seems a lot of my squad are training players"

ie: they look amazing in training, but struggle to transfer that training form to a match, i remember that moment well, stuck in my head when he said that.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Except Buendia is good in games.....the Gerrard propaganda is embarrassing at this stage

Works both ways, allegedly Bailey is the star in training....pretty average or poor in most games!

Buendia needs to start now, he will add more in attack and defence.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The problem with Buendia is he always looks shit when he starts and is normally knackered by about 60 minutes. Seems a much better player when coming on against tired opposition and having more space.

He’s had zero consistency in terms of starting though

13 hours ago, TRO said:

They're all good in training.....that's every managers dilemma.

That's because the intensity isn't there.

On match days is where it counts, mccginn obviously plays yhe same energy in training so gets picked as others naturally in a non competitive environment are holding back to not get injured and save fatigue. 

That's why skillfully players will look great as it's their skill not intensity in training and yhe one or two who go full on look good.

Sort midfield out with complimentary players and we improve.

Slippy doesn't understand this

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Except Buendia is good in games.....the Gerrard propaganda is embarrassing at this stage

did you hear carragher the other week maybe vs man city

he's so good as a sub and has such an impact late in games that you would then be reluctant to start him

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

did you hear carragher the other week maybe vs man city

he's so good as a sub and has such an impact late in games that you would then be reluctant to start him

That's just Gerrard's mate trying to justify his decision for benching our best player.

• Like 1

Â