Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Looking at the bright side at least we have time to sign a replacement. Would be much worse if it happened after a month or two. 

We still have same problem of several players we can't move on that Emery doesn't want in squad costing, who knows, +200k a week in wages. We still need to get players off the books to make more signings I'm sure

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tielemans is a better 8 than 6. Can easily play in front of Luiz and Kamara with McGinn behind Watkins and Diaby in a 4222. I posted about this line up several days ago would work well

No he’s suited to play in a pivot if we were planning on using him wide wed would have experimented in the pre season. 

Preface this by saying ACL injuries can happen to any of our players given the velocity they play at and it could have been a Wesley situation in training. 

But I always worried about Buendia because of the way he lands shielding the ball with a straight leg. Because of his stature, it expanded his ability to block the ball but landing on his leg with full extension always made me wince as it’s how I did my ACL. 

If you watch enough video, compare Buendia and McGinn shielding the ball. McGinn usually comes in low and with a bent knee whereas Buendia is usually in full extension. Such a shame. 

• Sad 1

based on pre-season form i would have definitely started him, utterly gutted.

Thankful that Diaby and Philogene have looked good in preseason and signs of life in Phil.

I love Buendia because he has bite and tenacity, like a wild terrier, as frustrating as he can be as sometimes that frustration and hissy fits work against him, but he offers something no other Villa player currently does - (Diaby might who knows).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now I think about it, McGinn could probably make the starting 10 spot his own very successfully this season.

Allowing the equally impressive Tielemans a spot in the team.  I would argue he was the most impressive player in pre season I've seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now I think about it, McGinn could probably make the starting 10 spot his own very successfully this season.

Good shout JV… I think we could see that initially, such as vs Newcastle. Phil needs to step up in that role for now too…

Or maybe we see Diaby support Ollie and Bailey in the team too… at least we have some options… and at least we have time to sign more players…

still… 😔

• Like 1

Â