Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

pops up with the odd goal, i like him but it looks like he will never be the player he was at norwich here unfortunately. not sure why, but he was a real menace there with goals and assists, he adds value to us as a team but i dont think will ever be able to hit those heights again.

He had Pukki's movement ahead of him. A lethal combo.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He had Pukki's movement ahead of him. A lethal combo.

True, remember him at VP with Norwich, he was a menace playing wide and taking our players on. He did link up well with Ings tbf, Watkins will never make those types of runs but i think the player can raise his game more, not sure if its our system but he is better than what he has shown here so far imo. The potential with him is very high

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

True, remember him at VP with Norwich, he was a menace playing wide and taking our players on. He did link up well with Ings tbf, Watkins will never make those types of runs but i think the player can raise his game more, not sure if its our system but he is better than what he has shown here so far imo. The potential with him is very high

No reactions left, but finally, someone who sees this!

I don't even say it to pick at Watkins, because I know when he's on it he gives us so much in many areas.

However, Buendia relies on those 'deadly' runs. Hence why he often looked like a different player when Ings was on the pitch.

I think if you had Buendia behind someone like Archer (providing he can make the step up), you'd see a different player. It's what Buendia's game is all about.

• Like 1

I’m always amazed how many of our fans think he’s shit. Definitely makes a lot of mistakes in the final third but he looks like a nightmare to defend against, puts in a huge shift every week, and his ability to roll out of a tackle is second to none. Should definitely be part of our long term plans IMO.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’m always amazed how many of our fans think he’s shit. Definitely makes a lot of mistakes in the final third but he looks like a nightmare to defend against, puts in a huge shift every week, and his ability to roll out of a tackle is second to none. Should definitely be part of our long term plans IMO.

That's the thing, too many mistakes in final third where more consistent output is required.

If we want to break into top 6 regularly we need someone who can hit double figures alongside Ollie next season.

Son has had a really poor season for Spurs....still got 10 prem goals. Alexis Mcallister is on 9 goals for Brighton and he's playing much deeper than Buendia. Mitoma also has 7. Liverpool is Liverpool but Jota getting fit and scoring 5 in last 7 games has decided some tight matches for them. Even Maddison has scored 9 which is why Newcastle are looking for him.

Maybe our defence will reel off 20 + clean sheets next season but we need more goals from our front players and seems a dead loss relying on Bailey so Buendia as a regular starter needs to step up otherwise he'll be a squad option next year.

He's too lightweight to be playing at the real top level. The amount of time.es he gets easily dispossessed and we are suddenly vulnerable to a fast counter attack. There's a reason why he struggles to get in the Argentina squad. 

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He doesnt score enough. He has 5  goals 2 assists in 35. Last season 4 goals and 6 assists. Really for 40m its simply  not good enough

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He doesnt score enough. He has 5  goals 2 assists in 35. Last season 4 goals and 6 assists. Really for 40m its simply  not good enough

Funny I know a 100 million pound player with very similar stats over last 2 seasons

He does all the hard work most of the time.

Then stops. He forgets there are other people on the pitch. Then loses the ball. Then throws his arms in the air.

Bored of it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Then stops. He forgets there are other people on the pitch. Then loses the ball. Then throws his arms in the air.

Bored of it.

It’s because Watkins doesn’t make runs. 

• Haha 1

I like Buendia a lot but I am sure we'll be signing forward players in the summer and he may find he is less of an automatic starter next year.

He's definitely got a big role to play for us in the years ahead but as part of a bigger and better squad. 

De Bruyne said the other day that for his position pass completion is irrelevant, as if he is hitting high numbers he is not doing his job.

Buendia is the same for us, he should be trying those passes inside the full back and in between the centre half’s.  Ergo, he will give it away more.

I am not going to argue his stats can improve, that goes across the team but it’s always the same handful of people targeting him.  As before, boring now  

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bored of it.

I wouldn't be suprised if he was sold in the summer nor would I be bothered if he was. 

As our most expensive signing, he's been bang average in his time at Villa.

We'll be lucky to get £12m-£15m for him.

In terms of on the pitch minutes, he’s played the equivalent of around 47 matches. Nine goals, 8 assists. Works out to be a one in three goal contribution. So, y’know, not terrible. Especially considering a fair chunk of that we didn’t have a manager. 

As an aside I’m always slightly wary of assists as a stat. For one if someone misses a sitter it’s hardly the fault of the one providing the chance. And I’m pretty sure he recently had an assist not awarded to him as there was the faintest of touches by another player (Ramsey) which I think most would have agreed the stat should have gone to Buendia.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

In terms of on the pitch minutes, he’s played the equivalent of around 47 matches. Nine goals, 8 assists. Works out to be a one in three goal contribution. So, y’know, not terrible. Especially considering a fair chunk of that we didn’t have a manager. 

As an aside I’m always slightly wary of assists as a stat. For one if someone misses a sitter it’s hardly the fault of the one providing the chance. And I’m pretty sure he recently had an assist not awarded to him as there was the faintest of touches by another player (Ramsey) which I think most would have agreed the stat should have gone to Buendia.

I prefer chances created as a stat but I can never find that stat.

• Like 1

Â