Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? I’ve seen this line pedalled out a lot, along with people claiming he needs to play on the right of a front 3.

Ultimately, he isn’t going to get a run of games unless he’s performing. At this level, you can’t afford to have players that ‘need a run of games’ to get up to their ‘level’, unless they’re young. Buendia is our record buy and was a hugely expensive purchase for the club. He needs to come in and perform in the position he’s asked to play - no excuses. People say he was poor against Liverpool - granted - but I’ve seen that performance plenty of times over the last 18 months. He needs to be better or leave. If you lot want top 8, we’ll need better than Buendia. 

Yes, it wasn't his first poor performance, but he has given some very good ones too. 

He needs more of the good ones more often to keep his place long term though, no doubt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Yes, it wasn't his first poor performance, but he has given some very good ones too. 

He needs more of the good ones more often to keep his place long term though, no doubt.

I think he needs to be much better tbh mate. Right now, if Ramsey was fit, he’d come in for Buendia and I’d keep McGinn in the side. 

I hope it clicks for him but I think he lacks some very vital attributes at this level to be a top 10 player - pace, strength, shooting, heading. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he needs to be much better tbh mate. Right now, if Ramsey was fit, he’d come in for Buendia and I’d keep McGinn in the side. 

I hope it clicks for him but I think he lacks some very vital attributes at this level to be a top 10 player - pace, strength, shooting, heading. 

Fair. I agree he needs to improve. I still hold out hope we'll see a better version of Buendia here. He was one of our better players last season (albeit often from the bench) so it's not beyond him.

He needs better figures though and certainly more goals. 

I don't think he's been that awful for us that we'd want to trash him at the next available opportunity. He's been alright overall, sometimes good, sometimes shit. I'm pretty sure he's not going to take us to the next level and considering the price tag he's been a minor flop  but at the moment I think he makes it into our best starting 11 and he would make the starting 11 of several other teams in the pl too. If we do upgrade from him, he'll be a fine backup option to have around.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I have not given up on the fella. Yes, he has a lot more to prove, but he has ‘it’ in abundance. not that many players have ‘it’ 

If ‘it’ is a lack of any discernible attributes, then yea, agreed. 

He makes an impact off the bench so I think he's a useful player in the squad. I just don't see a place for him in our current first 11 based on what I've seen so far. 

He has 3 & 1/2 years left on contract so no rush to move him on imo. See how he is in 18 months. I do feel his lack of pace is an issue in a counter attacking side. 

I wonder how Emery will use him against the low block teams where we will have majority of possession. 

Â