Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Easily one of our best players, the expectations of him are comedy and unrealistic, if Emery can build his confidence and manage him correctly he will be a game changer.

At the moment he blows hot and cold and he gets too frustrated when things don't come off, but his work rate and effort can't be faulted, he just needs a run of games and proper coaching to get the best out of him.

At the moment he and McGinn are the only two players who even attempt to unlock the defence, we seem to get very little from repetitive easily blocked low crosses.

• Like 1

All depends on whether Unai decides to set up the team to take advantage of his chance creation or not. He might want to go another way. But i am sure that he will be a huge part of our success if he does.  Love Emi and always will do. He is a fighter . 

50 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Easily one of our best players, the expectations of him are comedy and unrealistic, if Emery can build his confidence and manage him correctly he will be a game changer.

At the moment he blows hot and cold and he gets too frustrated when things don't come off, but his work rate and effort can't be faulted, he just needs a run of games and proper coaching to get the best out of him.

At the moment he and McGinn are the only two players who even attempt to unlock the defence, we seem to get very little from repetitive easily blocked low crosses.

Nowhere near being one of our best players. Luiz, Kamara, Bailey, Ramsey, Mings, Cash, Martinez, Digne and Coutinho are all better. 

I think we’ll be looking to bring in a striker and a wide player in January with Buendia and Watkins place up for grabs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just don’t think it’s going to work out for Emi at Villa. I predict he will leave in the summer, having failed to nail down a regular starting place. I really hope that he will prove me wrong still but I just don’t see what a lot of our fans do. His stats in the PL are poor and I think that’s backed up by his performances. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

like the rare start at Burnley the last game Gerrard won comfortable but was then dropped 3 days later because Coutinho had to play vs Liverpool?

Buendia made 17 starts in 2022 

17 starts thats more than i thought. That make it even worse

12 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So you expect a young player, still finding his feet at a bigger club, to perform on the rare occasions he is picked, in a team that was devoid of any attacking plan.

Righto...

You are aware buendia is 26 not exactly young? These should be coming up to his peak years. And he has been at this club now less time than bailey

13 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Unrealistic to expect our record signing to be half decent. To be honest I think it’s more comical the way some of our fans rave about him. He’s been bang average since joining, yes he tries hard and has had the odd good game but for the most part he’s been mediocre. I hope you’re right and Emery can find a position to get the best out of him, time will tell I guess. 

It's true that he has underperformed vs expectations.

It's also true that his influence has been hampered by lack of game time and a dreadful tactical set-up under the old manager.

He's both a wonderful and frustrating player to watch, but I am looking forward to seeing how he delivers for a top class manager in a better system.

Hopefully he rises to it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nowhere near being one of our best players. Luiz, Kamara, Bailey, Ramsey, Mings, Cash, Martinez, Digne and Coutinho are all better. 

I think we’ll be looking to bring in a striker and a wide player in January with Buendia and Watkins place up for grabs. 

The same Bailey who you've been slagging off most of the year? Even Digne does a very basic job, no frills, but for the amount we pay in wages....  Cash also 'does a job' but is incredibly overrated - as much as I love the guy.

by Coutinho do you mean (the Xmas spin) of the Ghost of Coutinho past, or are you metrics for success just 'ability' regardless if applied in any way shape or form?

I want Phil to succeed as much as the next person and hope he will show his undoubted ability under Unai, but not going to try and pretend he isn't the very definition of 'biggest high profile disappointment' in a Villa shirt since Stan Collymore.

Edited by VillanousOne

Want him to work out here. Don’t think he will - hasn’t got the athleticism and pace but if he can work himself into a Bernardo Silva mode, he could do it. 

Will be rooting for him all the way. 

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

The same Bailey who you've been slagging off most of the year? Even Digne does a very basic job, no frills, but for the amount we pay in wages....  Cash also 'does a job' but is incredibly overrated - as much as I love the guy.

by Coutinho do you mean (the Xmas spin) of the Ghost of Coutinho past, or are you metrics for success just 'ability' regardless if applied in any way shape or form?

I want Phil to succeed as much as the next person and hope he will show his undoubted ability under Unai, but not going to try and pretend he isn't the very definition of 'biggest high profile disappointment' in a Villa shirt since Stan Collymore.

Bailey has been poor but this season he’s really looking like fulfilling his potential and he’s shut me up. Buendia has done nothing. 

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey has been poor but this season he’s really looking like fulfilling his potential and he’s shut me up. Buendia has done nothing. 

Buendia has better stats, assists and goals than Bailey, but both have suffered from injuries and idiot manager, Bailey more so.

I rate them both highly and am excited that we have them in the squad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Buendia has better stats, assists and goals than Bailey, but both have suffered from injuries and idiot manager, Bailey more so.

I rate them both highly and am excited that we have them in the squad

Definitely. Two very good players.

Â