Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

26 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Assisted on the first goal and was a gnats hair from scoring the second. Add in his pressing and I'll take a performance like that every time away from home. 

He’s quality. That pass for the first goal (the pen) is exactly what he will do all day with the right setup - which I think he will now have.

• Like 1

i think he huffed and puffed a lot, without doing much.

However, it was his through ball for McGinn that got the foul/penalty.....

I think when we have signed another rapid winger to play opposite to Bailey, and maybe even a more mobile striker, Buendia will have more options for his magical through balls!

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I don't think you understand how through balls work.

I always though that somebody had to make the run and  another person had to make the pass.

If I recall correctly David Platt said his aim was make a run that Cowans didnt spot.

But yes I am agreeing that they both or even all played well for the goal and most of the game.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not at his best today but still a beautiful ball to lead up to the penalty.

Exactly this - he is a player who can pull a rabbit out of the hat, even when he is not seeing much of the ball.

He will be a star in the second half of the season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Genuinely confused as to how someone can have watched that game and come away with this take.

Baffling. He was one of our best players out there.

Indeed. Involved in both of our goals. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Another 6/10 for me but most of our best moves had him and Ramsay combining and good to see him finally start an away win. Don’t know the number off hand but has got to be bad with him. 

Crucially, pressed all over the back line and not just in a “jog halfway there” sort of way.  You need these types of matches even from your progressive players. 

He started against Burnley which is our last away win. Also Norwich and Everton last season

We dont win many away 😂

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Genuinely confused as to how someone can have watched that game and come away with this take.

Baffling. He was one of our best players out there.

He was unlucky not to score when he hit the post. But at times it felt like he held on to the ball to long when he should have passed it.

15 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Assisted on the first goal and was a gnats hair from scoring the second. Add in his pressing and I'll take a performance like that every time away from home. 

Header was incredible as he had no right to get that near the target. Sure Cash crossed it for Ramsey

• Thanks 1

Without his pass the first goal doesn't happen.

Without his header the second goal doesn't happen.

But yeah "6/10" and "not convinced" and "wasteful with the ball" apparently sum up his match, when in reality without him Villa lose that game... No pleasing some 🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Without his pass the first goal doesn't happen.

Without his header the second goal doesn't happen.

But yeah "6/10" and "not convinced" and "wasteful with the ball" apparently sum up his match, when in reality without him Villa lose that game... No pleasing some 🤣

I rate him and I think he’ll come good but he always seems a level below when we play against certain teams. I’ve said before I don’t think he has the athleticism to play week in/week out in the prem but he has the keys to unlock a lot of teams and you’ll need that until you have a much superior replacement which will cost a lot. 

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

I rate him and I think he’ll come good but he always seems a level below when we play against certain teams. I’ve said before I don’t think he has the athleticism to play week in/week out in the prem but he has the keys to unlock a lot of teams and you’ll need that until you have a much superior replacement which will cost a lot. 

Emery will find a way to unlock his potential . He might not be athletic but he is hardworking and driven. Getting the right players in the right spaces to allow him to work his magic will be key. I am sure he will see him as a solution and not a problem for this team.

• Like 1

Â