Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

From what we've heard so far, I'll bet that Emery and the coaches will go through his (and everyone's) performance today with a fine tooth comb. A full video debrifing with a view to making the players better.

Buendia is running hot and cold at the moment, but I'm confident that Unai can bring the best out of him.

• Like 4

I think you have to have that mix of players in your side, some who play it safe, and some who are constantly trying to make things happen.

Emi is definitely the latter (like Bailey), and when it doesn’t work, it can look a bit shit. But there’s a lot of creativity there, and I think Don Unai will persevere with him.

Also, he is excellent at pressing and tracking back, which gives him a bit more credit in the bank to have the odd dodgy game on the ball.

I really liked the way he celebrated Ramsey’s goal.

Think he’ll have some superb games this season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

77% isn’t great is it. Would like to see how that compares to Bailey and Ramsey. 

Bailey 83% and Ramsey 72%

I think anything above 75% in an attacking role is reasonable for a team like Villa.

(For comparison Garancho, van Der Beek, Rashford, and Ronaldo didn't have anything less than 83%)

• Like 1

Agreed not his best game. But he will still be picked for his ability to release a ball early, which will be crucial when we’re in counter attack mode, and his pressing/harassing. 

If he’s not up to quality after the January run of games, I’d be worried but for now I’m not. 

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this lad will be a stand out star for us going forward. I will run around Aston naked with a pineapple on my head if not the case

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

People seem to miss the part where he drops down, plays one touch under pressure. Doing the work to beat the press and giving the team a chance to counter. He's integral to any change of tempo we have. He moves the ball quickly and direct. Albeit he had a few passes that didn't come off, he played a very important role in todays victory.

Yes agree he's actually doing alot of the dirty work. It's not glamorous but a crucial part.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I thought he was great first half hour, was finding space in the final third brilliantly and they couldn't handle him until Casemiro did that scissor kick tackle on him.

Only issue is for space he gets into he makes some odd choices sometimes as to who to pass to and when. However we were spoilt for years with Grealish usually making the right decision in final third so that's just the level below of attacking players.

We should bring Jack back.

Needs a bit more discipline in his passing. He's positive and always trying to make things happen and we need players like that. I trust Emery to help him harness this energy and channel it into a tighter level of play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this lad will be a stand out star for us going forward. I will run around Aston naked with a pineapple on my head if not the case

Thanks for making Emi doing well for us or not a win win situation 🤣 

• Haha 1

As bad a first half as he's had in about 5 years I would bet. Stunk it out.

As you'd expect, didn't hide, kept working, much better second half. A very decent 35 mins before coming off. If Ollie had broken away from that outside of the foot pass, it was goal of the month easy, magical stuff.

His athleticism is lacking for that half winger/10 position when we're up against it. He needs to position himself better and not be bypassed so easily.

He'll start every game if we're playing that shape IMO. We need his bravery showing for the ball alongside other always confident players like Luiz and Carlos.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As bad a first half as he's had in about 5 years I would bet. Stunk it out.

As you'd expect, didn't hide, kept working, much better second half. A very decent 35 mins before coming off. If Ollie had broken away from that outside of the foot pass, it was goal of the month easy, magical stuff.

His athleticism is lacking for that half winger/10 position when we're up against it. He needs to position himself better and not be bypassed so easily.

He'll start every game if we're playing that shape IMO. We need his bravery showing for the ball alongside other always confident players like Luiz and Carlos.

Spot on. More focused and disciplined in the second half. When JJ, Luiz, and Buendia are close, the triangles they play are telepathic.

• Like 1

Â