Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i guess thats what happens when you are played for one game, then dropped for the next 10 regardless of what you do, cant build any rhythm with your teammates.

Not to mention the rest of the team were playing shit. How do you find a through ball if there's no-one running onto it.. etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i guess thats what happens when you are played for one game, then dropped for the next 10 regardless of what you do, cant build any rhythm with your teammates.

Not to mention the rest of the team were playing shit. How do you find a through ball if there's no-one running onto it.. etc...

12 hours ago, tinker said:

Have a feeling this guy's going to be our player of the season. 

Ash deserves it for being the only player to keep going during our recent dark times. I think he will be nailed on players player of the season. And Emi will get the fans player . 

On 26/10/2022 at 21:42, Delphinho123 said:

also lost the ball a lot. 

Kevin DeBruyne loses the ball a lot and they have similar passing stats. Its what happens when you take risks to try and create chances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Kevin DeBruyne loses the ball a lot and they have similar passing stats. Its what happens when you take risks to try and create chances

Ok. This idea that he loses the ball a lot because he takes risks is just daft. On occasion, of course, he likes to thread a pass through so we may lose possession.

Watch the clip on the page before. Is he taking risks when he loses the ball under pressure? Doesn’t look like it to me. 

He’s got a great work ethic and he arguably deserves to start ahead of Coutinho on that alone, but we’ll need better if we’re to fight for Europe. 

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. This idea that he loses the ball a lot because he takes risks is just daft. On occasion, of course, he likes to thread a pass through so we may lose possession.

Watch the clip on the page before. Is he taking risks when he loses the ball under pressure? Doesn’t look like it to me. 

He’s got a great work ethic and he arguably deserves to start ahead of Coutinho on that alone, but we’ll need better if we’re to fight for Europe. 

I will caveat by saying I love buendia as a player, buyt I do agree that he can be prone to losing the ball at times.

My other comment would be though, that he had played sporadically over the last 12 months with limited time to settle in the team, I'm sure a sustained run wouldn't eliminate all ball losses, but I do wonder if it would reduce them due to match sharpness and building relationships from actually playing games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's gonna be hard to get a better creator than Buendia. I think a lot of his losing possession is through holding on for it too long. I think once Unai is in, Buendia will be playing regularly, getting his confidence back, and will be a key player.

The mistakes he's making for us are daft little ones, through overthinking, a lack of other players in good positions (blame Gerrard's system not the players), but not because of a lack of technique or ability. Easily eradicated IMO.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

82% pass accuracy vs McGinns 80%

1.3 unsuccessful touch and 0.9 dispossessed McGinns 1.8 unsuccessful touch. 0.7 dispossessed.

Last season stats for both players in terms of losing the ball look similar trajectory.

There's no problem with a 10 losing the ball but when he does , even though the crowd back him - it's at times " Wasteful, too small, too weak."

McGinn gets robbed of the ball.

"I sleep"

Lot of bluster about this bloke since he’s come in the door from we haven’t played him in the right positions to he hasn’t been given a chance. Needs to start been a bit more accountable for how shit he is on the ball. 

I just can’t see what everyone else sees with this guy. He is so wasteful in possession. He occasionally sets one up for us but In between sets up 3 or 4 counter’s for the opposition! My goodness our transfer dealings have been poor. 

Â