Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Technically Coutinho is the better player but Buendia offers more defensively.

I'd drop Bailey and play Buendia with Coutinho, we can accommodate both.

Ings up top.

It's not just that Buendia is the better player defensively, but it's also that he makes things happen in attack. Our midfield can't link the defenders with the attack? Well, he drops back into midfield and does it for them.

But like you said, no reason we can't play them both. And given that Watkins can't finish right now, and that Buendia and Ings always have seemed to read each other well, yes, I'd start Phil-Ings-Bueni as my front line.

• Like 1

Buendia will move to a continental team or maybe a prem team like Brighton and play lights out to continue a long list of Villa players being brilliant elsewhere. 

I do think he misses some top end pace and physicality to play week in/week out but offers much more creatively in the final third than anyone else in the squad, Coutinho presently included. 

6 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Buendia will move to a continental team or maybe a prem team like Brighton and play lights out to continue a long list of Villa players being brilliant elsewhere. 

I do think he misses some top end pace and physicality to play week in/week out but offers much more creatively in the final third than anyone else in the squad, Coutinho presently included. 

Buendia with a run of games is basically Trossard. And that would be a great thing 

• Like 1

He should be starting.

Even if he doesnt play in the forward line, i swear he could play in midfield, as long as he has the right other 2 players alongside him.

I know we arent man city, but Bernardo Silva plays in the midfield 3 for them, and they are imo very similar type players, we just need the right balance in there to ensure we have a properly balanced and complimentary midfield 3.

How Buendia isnt starting somewhere in the 11 is just beyond me.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If Gerrrard stays Buendia will be gone at the end of the next transfer window. 

There are relationship issues there 

I don’t know anything about this - but for sure he will be gone.

I reckon he absolutely takes the mick in training and must be thinking if I can’t get in this team I’m off in Jan ☹️

8 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

It’s no longer funny - wtf does he have to do, to earn an extended opportunity in the side.

Given a run of 7-10 games, there is no way he is coming out of our team imo

Yep. I don't understand how he doesn't get a run of games. 

He's going to have bad performances but they'll be more good than bad and he's only going to get consistent form by playing consistently. 

• Thanks 1

When he has started this season he hasn't impressed. He seems to always make an impact off the bench though.

I think Bailey is being given a run in the side as he's fast for a counter and is left footed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s very overrated on here. 

Serious question - how do you arrive at this conclusion ? Surely most people see that nine times out of ten, he has a positive impact when coming from the bench - it most cases this would lead to being giving a fair run in the team. All he wants is the fair chance to fail !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just give him a run of games ffs. Like 5+ in a row.

He comes on as a sub and looks great as always. He'll then probably be given a start, be absolutely no worse than any other of our attackers but he's the one constantly dropped straight away. 

It seemed only managers like Arteta/ Pep or some Spanish /Portuguese managers would know how to use or play a system that will use Emil’s creativity.

Sadly i don’t see Villa going in this direction appointing this type of managers. Most likely he will gone after this season if Gerrard stays 

Â