Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 31/08/2022 at 07:25, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Yep, you can almost tell he will chuck Buendia in against Arsenal and Man City, Villa will get battered, and he'll use that as a reason in his head for why Buendia doesn't deserve to start against teams Villa are actually a chance of beating.

Coutinho will come back in for the good run of fixtures after that (Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, Forest).

Buendia producing more off the bench in less minutes will lead to another clamour for him to start, so he'll get chucked in for the Chelsea match. Villa will get pumped, so Coutinho will be straight back in for Fulham and Brentford.

You can just see it.

Chucked in against Arsenal wide left with McGinn and Ramsey completely overrun in midfield - 👍

Keeps his spot against Man City on the weekend - ⏲️

Dropped for the easier games after that - ⏲️

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Somewhat unconvincing performance yesterday. 

Seemed to sort of nonchalantly jog around and make bad passes.

Doesn’t matter who it is. Coutinho or Buendia, neither make a difference when the game starts which leads me to believe it’s the way Gerrard sets up the squad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Doesn’t matter who it is. Coutinho or Buendia, neither make a difference when the game starts which leads me to believe it’s the way Gerrard sets up the squad.

With a striker that runs but doesn't make runs and a midfield that almost always has to stay behind the play to cover the fullbacks (and/or is just plain static), small tricky 10s will never be effective.

I’ve always thought Buendia was overrated on here tbh. I think he definitely has a place in the squad but he’s too slow and ponderous on the ball to be a top player. He loses the ball way too much to play in a midfield three and I don’t think he has the pace to play out wide. 

I like him and want him to be great but he’s really nothing that special unfortunately. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tried too hard when he came on but the tempo wasn't there from the rest of the team. Tried to fizz a nice quick ball into Watkins but naturally it bounced off him.

I can't blame him, he probably thinks he has to score or assist every sub appearance to have any chance of getting into the 11 next match.

• Like 3

I think the fact they changed the rules so fouls are no longer fouls has shifted the edge to physicality. Buendia seemed a liability last night, just taking risks on the ball for now reason. He got away with almost losing possession in dangerous areas. 

Until the team learns and shows an attacking structure and attacking play we can't really judge our attacking players. It's the last part of the system that teams click with. We're back to basics atm and being defensively solid

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the fact they changed the rules so fouls are no longer fouls has shifted the edge to physicality. Buendia seemed a liability last night, just taking risks on the ball for now reason. He got away with almost losing possession in dangerous areas. 

Until the team learns and shows an attacking structure and attacking play we can't really judge our attacking players. It's the last part of the system that teams click with. We're back to basics atm and being defensively solid

I think there was obviously a reason.

Â