Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Watch it back. His body language is shocking

There's no way I'm going to watch that game back, mate, or spend any time attempting to look for that particular clip. Would you mind briefly just saying how he reacted... ..

23 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

There's no way I'm going to watch that game back, mate, or spend any time attempting to look for that particular clip. Would you mind briefly just saying how he reacted... ..

You absolutely won’t believe what happened. Targett crosses the ball in, it comes off Reese James and nestled into the corner. The way Buendia reacts will astound you. Have you ever seen something so AMAZING?

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I wasn't, I've never had Sky or such.... thanks.

I have to say, that is an odd reaction to your team taking the lead against any opposition, let alone in such a game. Is there's something of a 'bad fit' going on here?

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

You absolutely won’t believe what happened. Targett crosses the ball in, it comes off Reese James and nestled into the corner. The way Buendia reacts will astound you. Have you ever seen something so AMAZING?

Sounds like some over-fed, under-stimulated cynicism creeping into your 'festivities' , mate...

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I wasn't, I've never had Sky or such.... thanks.

I have to say, that is an odd reaction to your team taking the lead against any opposition, let alone in such a game. Is there's something of a 'bad fit' going on here?

Oh right, well youtube have 3 min highlights after every game if you get stuck.

but yeah, his body language on the pitch never seems great to me. Feels to me like he is trying too hard, he wants to be the main man but knows not much is coming off for him right now.

• Thanks 1

Celebrating OGs is always weird. I never knew what to do as a player. Sometimes I would and then other times I just felt embarrassed for the opposing player. 

Of course I'm one of those guys who can't sit through cringe moments in movies because of second hand embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

A tale of two record signings. Pep refused to consider any such thing, and said he expected performances from 'him' now, not later, whilst we're saying give him more time. Perfectly reasonable, but it's interesting that both clubs feel ripped off at the moment.

I'm not sure either club feels ripped off. 

I don't feel ripped off with Buendia, he's been okay so far, not set the world on fire, but definitely adds something to the team. 

He'll be one of the first names on the team sheet, he fits our system perfectly.

His reaction to the goal is odd, made me chuckle.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure either club feels ripped off.

Well I'm not expecting an official statement from either club or anything; I was more referring to the fans. Social media of course, but I've read exactly that from City / Villa fans.

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

His reaction to the goal is odd, made me chuckle.

What an odd sense of humour! Looks concerning to me, perhaps the behaviour of someone who feels out of place, even.

9 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What an odd sense of humour! Looks concerning to me, perhaps the behaviour of someone who feels out of place, even.

I think you’d feel less concerned if you watched it from a different angle and saw his face was delighted. No idea whether it was but I think best not to over analyse a reaction to an own goal when he’s seemed over the moon with every other goal we’ve scored.

• Like 3

I think he was better than Ings and perhaps also Watkins. I can understand that he gets frustrated, he runs into great areas but doesn't get the passes, if Watkins had lifted his head and passed Buendia instead of just looking down and trying to shot past two of three blocking defenders, it would have been a clear chance for Buendia. Has been like that in many games. He also needs players who he can play the one-two's with, I'd love to see him starting with Traore.

I think this game was one of the most quiet ones from Buendia over the last month or so. But it's also what I kind of expect, I don't expect him to win the games on his own against the top three teams, I'm not sure he is good enough to perform on that level and in that case he would cost twice the money. It's up to him to improve and see if he can reach another level to become a real top player of that caliber.

I wonder if we should try to play him as one of the midfield three, he is running and competing well enough for that place, and his main asset is his ability to play through balls and his passing ability, perhaps it would come more to it's right a bit further down the pitch. He does lose the ball at times, but that is mostly further up the field when he is directly swamped by defenders. And not sure if he is good enough defensively, but at least he has the engine and will track back. His best position is probably as one of the two 10's behind the striker, and with the other 10 being a player who is a good passer (like Traore not Watkins), but it would be interesting to experiment with a more attacking set up with him as one of the mid three. 

• Like 1

I think it requires work@ BMH

He gets caught in possession too much and needs to get his passes away without being constantly blocked.

Just need to be a bit quicker, with his work.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 26/12/2021 at 18:49, Delphinho123 said:

He’s Norwich summed up in a player. Far too good for the championship, not good enough for the PL. 

Ill keep waiting for him to come good, but I’m really not holding out that much hope. Looks to be a waste of money. 

He's more than good enough for the PL.

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Buendia’s composure and vision are fantastic. He’s adjusting to a different manager and system again. Yes, the price tag comes with expectations but he’s also a product of circumstance and a bizarre scapegoat at times. 

He’s not a scapegoat, people are rightly calling him out on his poor performances. 

Losing the ball and misplacing passes are nothing to do with adjusting to a new system or the manager.

Stop making excuses for him. Yes, we all want him to do well, but to say he’s been anything other than poor since joining is just wishful thinking. 

He needs to be much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/12/2021 at 14:14, The Other Mat said:

Do you think you'd feel differently if he'd performed similarly but had 6/7 assists on record? 

Well yes of course because that would mean he is actually achieving what we have paid him to do?

Â