VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m sure you already know @rjw63 but just in case:

spacer.png

image.thumb.jpeg.0c5d2e34a61e80c4c7ace68256a9eeb1.jpeg

…and well done on the house move!

Cheers mate and no, I did not know. Blackberry Smoke have released a shittonne of coloured vinyl, always nice to have.

• Like 1

My New Bootleg Mix:-

Tracklist:
1)  In The Air Tonight (Original Mix)
The Deadman vs Sonic Sound
2) For You Airwave (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Rank 1 vs Rita Ora
3) Save Me I'm Feelin It (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Morgan Page vs Darren Styles vs Nalin & Kane
4) Drifting Away in Silver Water (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Lange vs Nysse and Hinton
5) Fables Cry (Kritikal Mass Remix)
System F vs Robert Miles
6)  Flowtation is Magic (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Playahitty vs Vincent de Moor

Edited by Villan4Life

I've been listening to The Vaccines a lot lately. I own all of their albums.   Nørgaard was my ringtone for a couple of years. 

However I am not the one who has been playing them.  It's my 16 year old daughter, who finally seems to have shaken off the K-Pop phenomenon and come safely out the other side. I've also heard her listening to The Wombats as well. 

The lad is a complete Villa Nut and the daughter seems to be developing a taste in music.  I feel I've done a good job of it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've been listening to The Vaccines a lot lately. I own all of their albums.   Nørgaard was my ringtone for a couple of years. 

However I am not the one who has been playing them.  It's my 16 year old daughter, who finally seems to have shaken off the K-Pop phenomenon and come safely out the other side. I've also heard her listening to The Wombats as well. 

The lad is a complete Villa Nut and the daughter seems to be developing a taste in music.  I feel I've done a good job of it. 

My daughter is 32, she likes symphonic metal and K-pop. Its a weird combo. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My daughter is 32, she likes symphonic metal and K-pop. Its a weird combo. 

My elder daughter is 32. She likes bluegrass, country and Chicago blues. 

My younger daughter is 31. She likes classic rock, punk and jazz. 

I claim my Good Parenting Badge. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My elder daughter is 32. She likes bluegrass, country and Chicago blues. 

My younger daughter is 31. She likes classic rock, punk and jazz. 

I claim my Good Parenting Badge. 

You get the advanced badge. I have demanded a resit. 

• Haha 1

One has a full drum kit and can play motorik and hits the big ol’ drum at the back of a samba band.

One has a piano and plays a lot of OST movie score.

I claim no credit, I claim no badge. They have done that after a lifetime of being bombarded with fairly obscure reggae.

Not sure how it went so wrong.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Vaccines to me seemed to come at the end of the indie disco era, they were too late, both benefitted them and hindered them, personally I never really saw the fuss about them and the whole thing kind of died out shortly after 

Wombats on the other hand seemed to be like a lot of other bands in the 00s, 1st album came out with a lot of hype and energy and went big then they just got lost in the noise despite doing some really good stuff, saw them headline the 3rd or 4th stage at Reading about 5 years ago now, the crowd was brilliant, young and full of beans, it was a great set from them and one of the best bands I saw all weekend, I'm sure they got bumped up to headlining the 2nd stage the year after, I would say let's dance to JD and moving to NY are proper indie disco classics 

I need a night out in snobs... 

The Vaccines for me at least are the poorest example of a period of indie. They had one sound, of the little my wife subjected me to. That rattling along fast indie. I couldn’t get on with it. This is an example but it could be any song I heard by them. 

• Like 2

Today I have a delivery coming of a small bundle of records that were used for overseas us forces radio. A load of country music tunes that were broadcast to overseas forces. Quite excited by what it will be like and if any dialogue is in between the tracks. 

18 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

My New Bootleg Mix:-

Tracklist:
1)  In The Air Tonight (Original Mix)
The Deadman vs Sonic Sound
2) For You Airwave (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Rank 1 vs Rita Ora
3) Save Me I'm Feelin It (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Morgan Page vs Darren Styles vs Nalin & Kane
4) Drifting Away in Silver Water (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Lange vs Nysse and Hinton
5) Fables Cry (Kritikal Mass Remix)
System F vs Robert Miles
6)  Flowtation is Magic (Kritikal Mass Remix)
Playahitty vs Vincent de Moor

Mixing is tiiiiight. 👍

Hearing 3 of my favourite classic trance tunes turned into Euro-pop, not so much. 😬

• Like 1

Oh god.  Why did I mention a music band on VT?   The site which I got slammed on recently for suggesting it's almost certainly going to be criticised when you do.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Oh god.  Why did I mention a music band on VT?   The site which I got slammed on recently for suggesting it's almost certainly going to be criticised.

Its just not my thing. My wife really likes them, I just didn’t get it. I can set you up with something to retaliate with if you fancy.  

Just now, Seat68 said:

Its just not my thing. My wife really likes them, I just didn’t get it. I can set you up with something to retaliate with if you fancy.  

I'm all right thanks.  people like different stuff.  I'm happy to let others choices slide....unless it's Coldplay, Radiohead or The stone flippin Roses in which case then can bore off / depress themselves off.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I never used to like The vaccines, couldn’t see the point, didn’t like them. Then something happened that changed my mind…

I have always been anti them. Just don’t trust them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â