Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wish Limpid could give us 10 times more likes during this superleague treason. I need to like more stuff!

I went to like this, than realised I need to save my likes for more Club statements.

I'm not fond of G Nev's clear bias towards Man U, but he's an extremely astute and articulate pundit and says it exactly as it is:

He's not held back from lambasting his own club there (along with Arse and Plop) and they are absolutely the most blameworthy here. It's expected from City and Chelsea as their success is undeniably built on money, but those three aforementioned clubs were built on history and the passion of their fans (particularly Plop). Their owners' behaviour is a disgrace in pushing for this (and they have pushed more than City and Chelsea I understand because they're owned by Americans who want this so-called Super League franchise which has no respect towards competition or fair play). 

It's a disgrace and their owners are a bunch of scumbags with no regard for what made them the clubs they are today. This so-called Big Six is a complete fabrication anyway, because believe it or not us and Everton have finished in the top 6 of the top division more times than Spurs, City and Chelsea despite the obscene amount of money that has gone into those clubs. 

And it's clear that it's not about current quality on the field either - if it were Arse would be nowhere near (they're a midtable team these days) and Leicester would be in there and even West Ham.

Any league without relegation and with no respect for footballing authorities (Uefa, Fifa, the FA) is a corrupt one. Not only that, it's a pointless and boring league - why would people watch matches where there is no consequences for the result (relegation, promotion, European qualification)? 

If this goes ahead (heaven forbid) these clubs should be alienated from our beautiful game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great statment by Everton 

Hoping for the same from us

Yes,  superb statement.

Make the six stand out as the scum they are.  Spuurz & Arsnel know they can never win the champs league so need to buy access to something else and the hope they fluke it.

No status,  means F all to anyone even if they win it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great statment by Everton 

Hoping for the same from us

Following yesterdays grotesque concept comment from Purslow I think this is inevitable.

I think this could very well come down to the players. 

Assuming UEFA and the domestic leagues follow through with their threats of expelling the clubs and not letting player play international football.

I'm guessing if the money is right (which I guess it will be) the ESL could still go ahead and that's the competition those clubs will now play in. However, it'll only be a success if those top players are involved.
Surely, if players will be banned from playing in world cups and for their country at all, enough of them will not want to be in the ESL for it to collapse. Nobody is going to watch Liverpool vs Real Madrid if Salah, Ramos, Mane, Benzema etc have all gone and signed for clubs not in the ESL?

But would the extra money be enough for the players to be happy to give up representing their countries forever?

To me that could very well be what it comes down to.

• Like 1

In the last 3 seasons Dinamo Zagreb, Olympiakos, RB Leipzig, Sevilla, Lyon, Ajax, Porto and Eintracht Frankfurt have knocked these super clubs out of European competition. Not to mention Dortmund, PSG and Bayern

• Like 4

Gianni Infantino confirming they cannot be half in and half out, suggesting remaining in domestic leagues is not an option.  Also referring to it as a war crime 😮

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think this could very well come down to the players. 

Assuming UEFA and the domestic leagues follow through with their threats of expelling the clubs and not letting player play international football.

I'm guessing if the money is right (which I guess it will be) the ESL could still go ahead and that's the competition those clubs will now play in. However, it'll only be a success if those top players are involved.
Surely, if players will be banned from playing in world cups and for their country at all, enough of them will not want to be in the ESL for it to collapse. Nobody is going to watch Liverpool vs Real Madrid if Salah, Ramos, Mane, Benzema etc have all gone and signed for clubs not in the ESL?

But would the extra money be enough for the players to be happy to give up representing their countries forever?

To me that could very well be what it comes down to.

I think that in addition they really have to have ALL the top players.

If even 25% follow their conscience it will leave enough competition with the ESL to make it ultimately fail.  It's vital to ensure it's not the only game in town for the "global" fans.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Gianni Infantino confirming they cannot be half in and half out, suggesting remaining in domestic leagues is not an option.  Also referring to it as a war crime 😮

Good on him

I hope they get kicked out.

Imagine everton villa west ham leicester challenging for the title each year. That would be fantastic 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I think that in addition they really have to have ALL the top players.

If even 25% follow their conscience it will leave enough competition with the ESL to make it ultimately fail.  It's vital to ensure it's not the only game in town for the "global" fans.

Yeah absolutely.

If the financial pull of the ESL is enough then all the top players will want to play there. Domestic football will suffer because anyone who is any good will go to these teams.

I mean that happens anyway but at least they compete in the same leagues and play for international teams etc. In this case it would be like they're playing a different sport.

That is when Perez's plan of a new world cup and new international competitions might actually work.

But if top players DON'T think the ESL is worth it and stay in normal leagues then it will fail. Those elite clubs will no longer be elite clubs because all their elite players will leave. It will be doomed to failure.

My instinct is players won't want to give up international football. But you never know. Money talks

Â