Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

I've started to hope it goes through. I think far from being punished, they'll be offered concessions to stay. Rights over their own matches and/or a larger share of the TV money. Guaranteed European qualification and the like.

The damage has been done. There's no going back now. Either they piss off and leave us to proper football, or they get what they want another way and the PL and CL become the effectively closed shop.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Huge fine, then reset the distribution of wealth in the PL. 

I was thinking maybe a 3-5 year transfer embargo.

Hopefully we’ll get a clearer idea of how opposed and, frankly, angry the rest of the clubs are to give us an indication of what might happen next. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Man City are the first team I expect to pull out of this shit show. They do not need the money. 

Especially as they have made a big thing about being a 'community' club since the takeover.

When the said community tells you to go F yourself they may think twice.

Most city fans seem to be ambivalent about  the Champion League already.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 minutes ago, markc said:

4 points for kicking the soccer ball into the net, 6 points for heading in, 8 points for scoring  from outside the box etc.. games finishing 21-18 

Bruno Fernandes with an 8 pointer free throw kick from deep

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You dont need 75% to kick them out if they have broken the league rules. Which they have. They just announced they have joined another competition without permission. 

image.thumb.png.9b89e404192634849f23f252161abf58.png 
https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/08/11/1256c4b9-23bb-4247-93c0-028f042b010d/2020-21-PL-Handbook-110820.pdf

page 182 of this seasons league handbook.

Homer Nerd GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

This is over I'm certain of it. Perez has been on TV saying it has to be this way or it's the end of the clubs in question - is not exactly how you sell a sexy new football league. Desperation in every way meeting opposition from everyone that is not one of these clubs. This is going to crash and burn in legendary style. 

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Heading will likely be banned as it is dangerous. Maybe they can bring back this abortion.

Some SHOCKING goal shooting in the 10 zone. Kansas City shoulda made their 9-7 throw in stats count in the third quarter. 

Couldn't care less if they pulled out. I'd still kick them out.

The fact that they signed up for it in the first place is what we can't ever forget.

It's like your girl cheating on you and expecting you to take her back because she has ended it with her lover.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is over I'm certain of it. Perez has been on TV saying it has to be this way or it's the end of the clubs in question - is not exactly how you sell a sexy new football league. Desperation in every way meeting opposition from everyone that is not one of these clubs. This is going to crash and burn in legendary style. 

You are going to crash, and burn my fat headed friend.

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Infantino speaking soon,  anything less than a complete disavowment will be a disappointment

Prepared to be disappointed. Absolute scumbag like his buddy Agnellu

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

You are going to crash, and burn my fat headed friend.

Well I do have a double chin but that seems a bit strong for this time of the morning. Also - £2B VT dollars you are wrong. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Couldn't care less if they pulled out. I'd still kick them out.

The fact that they signed up for it in the first place is what we can't ever forget.

It's like your girl cheating on you and expecting you to take her back because she has ended it with her lover.

Absolutely agree. We can't trust them anymore. They ruined the relationship by cheating. We need to kick their ass to the kerb. 

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If tomorrow all 6 clubs announced they’ll donate to the Tory party part of their ESL earnings this would be dropped in parliament straight away, news flash they couldn’t care less about football. 

Absolutely correct. But I'll tell you one thing they do care about, and that's votes.

Â