Breakaway League

Jareth

I wonder if this will go the way of tennis. Before 1969 all the top tournaments were amateur. If you wanted to make money, you had to go pro. But pros would tour the world in a group of like 8 of them playing each other 100 times a year. They made money but hated it and it was shit. 

According to rule 8.6 of The Premier League rulebook an expulsion from the league needs a majority of no less than three-quarters. 

This totally explains Tottenhams inclusion.  The 6 clubs prevents them being expelled. 

Just now, sidcow said:

According to rule 8.6 of The Premier League rulebook an expulsion from the league needs a majority of no less than three-quarters. 

This totally explains Tottenhams inclusion.  The 6 clubs prevents them being expelled. 

That is a blow if true.

What about a £250m fine each? Or they can walk away now and not have to pay it.

Just now, sidcow said:

Doesn't the rules also say if they wish to participate in any different competition they would need Premier League approval, which if they don't get then they would have to walk away on their own volition? 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't they just change the rules? Genuine question.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So who will be the first player to say the words "it's always been my dream to play in the ESL" 

Who will be the first player to say the words "It's always been my dream to play in the ESL but my wife won't let me"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That is a blow if true.

What about a £250m fine each? Or they can walk away now and not have to pay it.

It is true.  I just read it in the premier league handbook on their website. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect they will want the 6 to resign, reduces the risk slightly of legal action.

7 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Doesn't the rules also say if they wish to participate in any different competition they would need Premier League approval, which if they don't get then they would have to walk away on their own volition? 

That's different to chucking them out in the morning. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's easily solvable by the First and Only Premier League May Madness. No relegations, 6 teams promoted from the Championship, and a totally unpredictable special vote on Premier League status to close out the season.

20 votes vs 6 = See ya to the "big clubs" and we've already sorted out 20 for next season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's a B, not an 8, and a 7, not a 6. Are you on the pop? :D 

14 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I wonder if this will go the way of tennis. Before 1969 all the top tournaments were amateur. If you wanted to make money, you had to go pro. But pros would tour the world in a group of like 8 of them playing each other 100 times a year. They made money but hated it and it was shit. 

The players well may hate it, as will the fans, but the people behind this are money making men - nothing else matters.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can't they just change the rules? Genuine question.

I've not read that far but I would imagine it would take a three-quarters majority to do any changes. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've not read that far but I would imagine it would take a three-quarters majority to do any changes. 

What happens if 1) they shut the league down. Or 2) remaining 14 clubs start a new league?

Â