Weekends Football 9/11 April

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Mentally it's very difficult now for Leeds - holding on for a win gives you a feeling of mental fortitude, once the equaliser is in it becomes very difficult to stop a second, with any luck

spacer.png

I don't even think this has been a particularly great defensive performance. They've just packed the box, anyone can do that.  The only reason Citeh haven't scored 10 is extraordinarily poor finishing.  If its a great defensive performance Citeh don't get a sniff.  There is a difference.  

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mentally it's very difficult now for Leeds - holding on for a win gives you a feeling of mental fortitude, once the equaliser is in it becomes very difficult to stop a second.

With the way they're shooting it might not be as hard. Agreed though.

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't even think this has been a particularly great defensive performance. They've just packed the box.  The only reason Citeh haven't scored 10 is extraordinarily poor finishing.  If its a great defensive performance Citeh don't get a sniff.  There is a difference.  

What?

Best team in the world playing against 10 men and you'd only give credit to a team if they completely stopped all chances?

Solid idea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

We're a man down mate what do you want 

Them to compliment Leeds on their defending... Or to compliment Leeds for various other reasons

Instead they blindly wheel out this cliche about Leeds always attacking and never giving up because the reality is like 13 other teams in the league the commentators don't know a thing about Leeds so they don't know what to to say or how to analyse them 

Just now, Rino8 said:

We're a man down mate what do you want 

Oh I completely agree. It was more the commentator stating how wonderful it was that Leeds would continue to attack the game against the league winners with 10 men that amused me.

As I say it’s a great defensive performance aided by some woeful City finishing. It’s the sort of performance that your Palaces and Burnley are putting in week after week.

• Like 2

This is like a training exercise. No feeling in this game at all. No fans mean we'll see many more games like this.

City don't care, most of their team know they're reserves and even a 10-0 win they'll be dropped for the next game.

Leeds are tired, aren't going down, aren't getting Europe.

This is pants as a neutral.

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

What?

Best team in the world playing against 10 men and you'd only give credit to a team if they completely stopped all chances?

Solid idea

I'm seeing what I expect to see.  Arguably the best team in the world dominating a game and not scoring the 10 goals they probably should have.  It's not a criticism of Leeds, it's a criticism of Citeh. 

I've seen plenty of what I would call great defensive performances against better teams (some even by Villa) where the better team doesn't get a sniff. Citeh are squandering chance after chance, not having them stopped. 

We would probably be 10 down with 10 men. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

This is like a training exercise. No feeling in this game at all. No fans mean we'll see many more games like this.

City don't care, most of their team know they're reserves and even a 10-0 win they'll be dropped for the next game.

Leeds are tired, aren't going down, aren't getting Europe.

This is pants as a neutral.

Think it's pretty entertaining

• Like 1

Â