Weekends Football 9/11 April

andykeenan

Just now, est1874 said:

Well that's where making assumptions gets you. I didn't say it 31 games ago. I said it a few games ago when people were talking about what poor form they're in, and how we were looking relatively comfortable ahead of them and Arsenal.

What prize do they get when we finish 10th and they finish 9th?

Finishing above them would be nice but honestly I don't care... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Well that's where making assumptions gets you. I didn't say it 31 games ago. I said it a few games ago when people were talking about what poor form they're in, and how we were looking relatively comfortable ahead of them and Arsenal.

Like the assumption that they'll be ahead of us at the end of the game because they've been ahead for 20 minutes over a whole season? With 2 games more played. Down to 10 men. With a half to go. Against the runaway league leaders.

I wasn't one of those people and don't think it's impossible btw. I just have a feeling you're setting yourself up for ridicule from those very same people if you aren't even willing to wait until the final whistle blows.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Why?

Edit: never laughed at this prospect myself, Leeds are pretty good, but still.

Because it was arrogant of people to think that they wouldn't, just because they're somewhat erratic and we (or a majorify of us) don't like them. 

I still reckon they'll finish ahead of us, and they're certainly not doing anything to prove me wrong here.

Just now, est1874 said:

Because it was arrogant of people to think that they wouldn't, just because they're somewhat erratic and we (or a majorify of us) don't like them. 

I still reckon they'll finish ahead of us, and they're certainly not doing anything to prove me wrong here.

Fair enough. Still think we have a good chance of ending ahead of them too.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Like the assumption that they'll be ahead of us at the end of the game because they've been ahead for 20 minutes over a whole season? With 2 games more played. Down to 10 men. With a half to go. Against the runaway league leaders.

I wasn't one of those people and don't think it's impossible btw. I just have a feeling you're setting yourself up for ridicule from those very same people if you aren't even willing to wait until the final whistle blows.

That's not an assumption. That's a prediction I made a while ago, which is currently supported by the league table. Maybe at full time, as you suggest, it won't be supported by the table - but nor does that mean they won't finish ahead of us either.

Thing is Leeds aren't actually doing anything more than crowding the penalty area.  Citeh are just inexplicably poor. 16 chances created now, I've never seen such wayward shooting outside of Villa Park. 

Just now, est1874 said:

That's not an assumption. That's a prediction I made a while ago, which is currently supported by the league table. Maybe at full time, as you suggest, it won't be supported by the table - but nor does that mean they won't finish ahead of us either.

Time will tell and considering that we're roughly evenly good it's not unthinkable.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

You’re on a Villa forum. Why would it surprise you that most people want to support their team? Why would you begin to gloat that you’ve predicted another team to finish above us when they’ve been above us for all of 30 minutes and we have two games in hand?

I’m not one of those who laughed at you saying it’s a possibility but this attitude of taking joy in being proven right would be annoying at the end of the season let alone with 9 games still to play for us.

Just now, Davkaus said:

My money is on them looking the opposite of this and smashing us 8-0.

We weren't far off getting a 0-0 up there in fairness with the offside goal so just got to defend well but we really will miss Grealish in next two games in terms of getting up the pitch quickly so not hopeful of any points at all.

Â