Weekends Football 9/11 April

andykeenan

How is anybody watching that and saying he’s unlucky to be sent off?! It’s as clear a red card as you’re likely to see and it’s the kind of challenge that has potential to seriously injure an opponent. Yes he kicked the ball but he could easily have broken Jesus’ leg there.

Peter Walton saying that that wouldn’t be overturned should be enough for them to get rid of him. One look at that challenge is enough to tell you he has to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

To be fair lots of people online seem to think that it wasn't a red.

Admittedly they seem to be mostly Utd fans, but still...

I thought they’d argue that it was a follow through from playing the ball and ‘caught’ him, which it seemed like Peter Walton was saying. Definitely a red though.

In that case for me getting something on the ball is an irrelevance. It was high, studs up, straight onto the middle of the players leg.  You're always going to go clean through the ball and have a very good chance of breaking someone's leg David Busst style. 

The ball is irrelevant, it's serious foul play. 

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a red card but as we've seen twice this season it's inconsistent

A lot of people still think that touching the ball somehow makes that tackle ok

"won the ball" is utter bollocks 

Any Villa fans who think that presumably also believe Livermore's red against us was outrageous because he barely touched Grealish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Any Villa fans who think that presumably also believe Livermore's red against us was outrageous because he barely touched Grealish.

Not villa fans obviously but I saw that on twitter when it happened! 

He touched the ball and didn't touch grealish, disgrace of a decision.... That was enough Internet for that day 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not villa fans obviously but I saw that on twitter when it happened! 

He touched the ball and didn't touch grealish, disgrace of a decision.... That was enough Internet for that day 

I think people tend to forget that dangerous play is a red card as it's much easier to make a partisan point by relying on specific infractions written into the rules and millimetres of contact either way with the ball/player.

Watching that challenge in full speed made me wince, which is generally a good indicator it wasn't great.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Would like to hear from those who laughed when I suggested Leeds would probably finish ahead of us.

I'm laughing at the fact you've waited for them to play 31 games desperate to make this point and you still aren't smart enough to wait for the game to end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm laughing at the fact you've waited for them to play 31 games desperate to make this point and you still aren't smart enough to wait for the game to end.

Well that's where making assumptions gets you. I didn't say it 31 games ago. I said it a few games ago when people were talking about what poor form they're in, and how we were looking relatively comfortable ahead of them and Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Would like to hear from those who laughed when I suggested Leeds would probably finish ahead of us.

Why?

Edit: never laughed at this prospect myself, Leeds are pretty good, but still.

Edited by osmark86

Â