Pre match thread

mottaloo

Hoping we set up differently now. 4 across the middle with traore being allowed to be the floating player as he isn't good enough to help out defending. 

Let sansom and luiz team up in the middle mgginn on one side elghazi on the other.

Just please not the same tactics and formation we continually use without jack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

May aswell the way we have been playing lately, so so poor we are.

Just don’t understand Villa fans sometimes.  We should beat Spurs who are fighting for 4th then we are going to lose against Fulham who are fighting relegation. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

why leak the news? ty's a villa fan...always seemed a good bloke but why leak the news for anything other than a few likes. you're absolutely right...definitley would've helped fulham

We've been very good at preventing leaks to the press, and some moron on Twitter breaks that for clout.

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

Brighton completely dominated us.

Fulham play in a similar way.

Fulham also have sloppy defenders. El ghazi will have a few chances on the back post. He must take one or two.

Just now, nick76 said:

Just don’t understand Villa fans sometimes.  We should beat Spurs who are fighting for 4th then we are going to lose against Fulham who are fighting relegation. 

Tottenham ain't that good, just draw to Newcastle, did ya miss it?? An they were poor against us.

Grealish (other than last season) seems to be prone to long terms absences. It he stays out much longer I doubt he'll go to the Euros.

The anger about Smith lying isn't about this game, it's about constantly playing smoke and mirrors since he's got this mysterious injury.

Going back to Newcastle he apparently was back then got 'ill', then before Spurs he was apparently 'pain free' but not joining in with the group (what?), then now he's trained all week and got another mysterious knock yesterday. 

I'll still watch but I don't know why I do this to myself because Smith hasn't proven in 2 and a half years that he can win games without Jack.

Please can he prove today that he's capable, because I for one want us to bloody win and if we don't I won't be the only one questioning the team and manager at the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just proving they are in decent form. Also unbeaten in their last 8 away from home. 

I think we have less chance without jack, do you disagree?

I agree we have less chance without Jack.  Just the comments on here since the team was announced are OTT.  He got some discomfort yesterday so doesn’t play today, there is no conspiracy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

I **** hate Villa fans sometimes. What the hell is wrong with you lot???

We are missing our star player, some of us are disappointed he was fit to play and now isn't, we were looking forward to seeing him work his magic and start our winning streak. No big drama, just us fans.

Lets remember when we are allowed back to VP to just sit and smile.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Tottenham ain't that good, just draw to Newcastle, did ya miss it?? An they were poor against us.

Spurs are 5th in the league....did you miss that!

Fulham have taken more points than us over the last eight games, and the same amount of points over the last ten games, so whilst it's a game we can and should be looking to win, it's not as if people are being completely outlandish in suggesting that we might not, we haven't been any better than them for a while now, in fact they've been better than us whilst Grealish has been injured. They've also got a lot more to play for than we do as well.

Just now, nick76 said:

I agree we have less chance without Jack.  Just the comments on here since the team was announced are OTT.  He got some discomfort yesterday so doesn’t play today, there is no conspiracy.

It’s so funny, what’s dean supposed to do, fly a plane over vp with a banner saying ‘Grealish injured late on in training, soz, wasn’t able to let you all know another way’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually like the smoke and mirrors. Imagine not knowing if the best player in the league is playing or not. How do we prepare?  who do we select? Etc etc etc. 

Here's a conspiracy theory in reality Jack won't be playing again until the last game which will be his farewell. There you go.......